1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is blast cannon sometimes a better weapon over sniper cannon?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by jn1357, 31 May 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

They are both strong and have their own pros and cons. And both have good buffs in training. The blast cannon can be buffed in damage with training while the sniper can be buffed in critical chance+critical damage with training. The sniper is also longer range and very accurate while the blast cannon is better mid to close range, though the blast cannon has a greater arc and won't hit as many waves as the sniper.

They are both great weapons if you know how to use them both but neither is overall better than the other.

TheRedSpeeder and Miathan like this.
  2. David L. Bray

David L. Bray New Member

It's just COD on PS4/Xbox. Snipers don't use submachine guns, runners & gunners don't use sniper rifles. Each class has to utilize what works best with it's capabilities, and that takes time to learn. Unfortunately, just like on the console games, a bad team will guarantee a loss everytime.

NaruDestroyer likes this.
  3. David L. Bray

David L. Bray New Member

Supposed to say "just like COD"...
    Won't allow me to edit, says inappropriate?

4. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

Correct. :) But a bad team can be made up for, to some extent, by fleeting up with a buddy.

Epekka likes this.
  5. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

or they have to get close to you. I have killed many hit-and-run speeders because they thought I didn't see them coming...

6. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Depends on playing style. 1v1 close up showdown, blast > sniper. Personally, I like sniper more because of range, speed, and crit. I think there are better higher damage guns than blast cannon. Sniper is an unique tactical weapon in the arsenal.

7. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    "Tactical" is a bit of a stretch, most ppl who use sniper just get to medium range, lock on and shoot

LimeOnMars likes this.
  8. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Man blast cannons are soo.. op as I'm play an enforcer mk5 but the bad thing is I only have one blast cannon level 20 which does 370 damage. I'm trying to find the rare burn perks and some more rare blast cannons. But my luck in 0 in that case. To say I'm using a rare tire 2 flare gun a blast cannon and an epic tire 2 sniper cannon. Here I can say that blast is better for yellow boats but with higher levels.
    Anyone please suggest me if there are any ways to get rare burn perks and rare blast faster.

9. disorder

disorder Active Member

blast canon is wonderful
    got a T3 epic one, 10% critical hit,
    his damage : 790, 1440 with critic.

and just get another epic blast yesterday in a 15 star box... will raise it T4,
    so perhaps will change % of critical hit to fire perk (if i get one good one day...)

LotharusMaximus likes this.
  10. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Blast.jpg
    I agree. I love my Blast Canon. Never been given an Epic but have 7 Rares. I've maxed it out in Bhurt at the expense of everything else.
    Crit does 1300 on mine. I have one Rare 6% more damage perk and two 3% Rare bigger chance to crit perks.

11. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Try using fire perks it'll be soo good

12. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Still waiting to see one in the shop. Recently got an epic firebomb and two rare firebombs and an epic flare gun. Planning the burn damage already!

13. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

Jaby i dont see u online anymore what happen?

14. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Wow soo fast and lucky and even I'm trying to find rare burn perks in shop. But I did not get any till now. Any way good luck finding your items.

15. Thelouis55

Thelouis55 New Member

It's not true that they do similar damage, the blast does massive damage compared to the lighter sniper

16. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I’m a shooter and I use both. It’s not good on training tree for Bhurt, but I like to have long and short range weapons to cover all options..
    Tier v maxed out rare blast hits 850 (1% crit though ) and tier iv rare sniper with 32% crit (445 vs 1028 with crit) - I just wish they weren’t on the same training tree! Got two epic blasts waiting for two more!! (That’s a story for the RNGesus praying circle thread!!) o_O:Do_O
    I actually prefer ex canon to both of these - tier iv epic ex - 1028 damage every time :D

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Blast cannons can be trusted for duelling, unlike(in my case) excannons, which cannot skim over waves as much. Just ignite and shoot for(again in my case) 640+1100 damage.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2017