1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with pearls when you start the game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by LFCGUY345, 11 May 2017.

1. LFCGUY345

LFCGUY345 New Member

Hi,

I've just started this game and am loving it! I don't know what to do with pearls at the start though, I'm captain lvl 8 have 500 odd pearls but it's not exactly clear what the best things to do are. Could someone give me a hand on how to best spend pearls early and also what ships/weapons are the best (I'm currently using a defender with 2 lvl 8 uncommon cannons and a shield).

Thanks in advance!

2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I expanded my inventory to 25 just to have a bit or room. After I just started saving for 3900 for that bundle. I suggest you do something similar or maybe even the same.

3. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

I would spend 100 on a few more slots, then use 400 for a chest.

4. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I would not suggest buying the 400 chest. That is in no way worth it. You can get those for free form weekly quests. Save for 3900 instead ;)

5. LFCGUY345

LFCGUY345 New Member

Ok thanks :) looks like I've got a lot of saving to do haha!! I'm sitting at 25 spots in inventory atm, is that enough to start with? I'm trying to get my uncommon cannons to lvl 10 (I have 2 spare lvl 1 ones to evolve them with) so I'm scrapping most uncommons. Is this a good idea or have I screwed up?

6. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

25 is enough yes. That is a fantastic idea! :p
    Good luck!!
    Edit: Just make sure you don't scrap things you MAY use in the future.

7. LFCGUY345

LFCGUY345 New Member

Hi again,

It seems pretty long to get 3900 pearls lol would I be better off spending them speeding up crew or something similar? Or is there another way to quicker upgrade in the game? I feel like I need a lvl 2 boat so I don't die as easily.
    Thanks!

8. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

If you plan to only play the game for like a month or 2 then by all means. Speed up you crew. If you plan to play for a while, like a year or more, then only save for the 3900. The long term investment is always better than the short term unless the short term allows you to do something which has a greater reward than the long term. It's really not that hard to get a lvl 2 boat, you only need captain lvl 10 or 11 iirc. Just keep recruiting different trainers and upgrade them as you go. It took me 3 days to get to lvl 2 boat. That's really fast imo :)

9. PerShot

PerShot New Member

Media content
    I have about 1k5 pearls now. And not do anything. I hope the day I got 3k9 pearls come soon. I have renew this game 4 times because I waste alot resources.

10. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

the 10x box rewards are underwhelming for its cost. i think its better to speed up your crew and upgrade your ship up to mk6 asap. that way you climb faster in leagues, earn more gold and buy parts n weapons in shop.
    buy, upgrade, scrap, rinse and repeat :)