1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Economics of Infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BITTERSTEEL, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

There is a delicate balance going on here. If high infamy had as narrow a range of infamy in a battle as low infamy, they would be waiting all day for a battle, so the distribution is higher. But that doesn't make it impossible to win, yes, it's difficult, but with skill and teamwork it's very doable. Yes, I do have a second account in which I play at less than 1000. But don't be so quick to write off things you haven't experienced yet, as they may be very different than what you expected. The trick is balancing infamy-based matching and matching in a timely manner. If you solve the great question better than the devs, then by all means share it. Just make sure to address both things while making sure one isn't more important than the other.

2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Will you three stop getting side tracked and focus on the topic?

3. Flying Bananasaur

But in a sense, I am. The infamy is the currency and the matchmaking is the exchange mechanism. By talking about why and how matchmaking occurs, I am talking about the way infamy is exchanged between players, which is economics.

4. CheekyDevilGod

Sounds more like you 3 are having a passive aggressive fight lol.

5. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Not at all, this kind of debating is actually the way a healthy debate works: By providing counter arguments.

Anyway i created a side-topic nevertheless: Matchmaking without changing the current matchmaking system

6. CheekyDevilGod

7. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Battle Bay Bullies - Offensive Coordinator
    My Douchey two cents. It's always easy to complain about the water when drowning but Who chose to go swimming anyways? We All chose to be here and need to be mindful of what We say & how We say it. No matter what it will always be a coin toss on which team wins or loses. There are waaaaaaaaay too many variables to finger point. Let's trust that Game Gods will keep listening to the constructive criticisms so maybe be more objective. Just a broad brush statement here. Now back to the show in progress. :cool:

8. CheekyDevilGod

The problem is, we've all been into this discussion like a 1000 times, it appears that we simply do not have a solution at all. We've discussed every possible way from what I know.

9. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Just a small reminder for those that don't already know.
    The devs are humans just like all the rest of us, and just as smart or flawed depending on your perspective of their standing point.
    Someone, anyone, can only change someone else's point of view by providing the right arguments to counter the other person's arguments.
    This interchange will only work if you provide positive interactions with your Opponent(s).
    So only venting want you think is wrong without providing a better solution in your opinion or even insulting or enraging the other person will not change anything while still leaving yourself with the same frustrations.

So lets try to counter argument and provide solutions that most, devs included, are willing to accept as a beter solution to what both parties want at end.
    Eg. Win-win, not one way...

That said, lets keep moving if the end of the road of this topic isn't reached yet. :)

10. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Battle Bay Bullies - Offensive Coordinator
    Yep, it's kind of like religion. Just have faith and We will All get there.

11. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I play hundreds of games, but I'm still under 1k.

Obviously this is my teammates fault and not mine!

Instead of Gitting Gud, I'm gonna complain about how much matchmaking and the infamy system sucks on the forums!!

P.S. if you deal the most damage on your team, you're obviously a seal clubber!!!!

Wishaal, retryW, Zangetsu and 2 others like this.
  12. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Lol, in contrary: "if you deal more as 50% of the combined damage of your team, you're obviously a super good player who deserves that infamy" right? :D

This is what I'm talking about in my other post, provide arguments instead of only pointing out what you think is wrong....
    It is not constructive to the topic nor the one who you reply to....

13. CheekyDevilGod

Wait What?!?!

I do most dog in a lot of games I play....

I'm no seal clubbers....although I am currently at nearly 300 infamy below my best

14. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Just being satirical, haha.

15. Flying Bananasaur

You cheeky person

BITTERSTEEL likes this.
  16. CheekyDevilGod

Erm....that's me

Wishaal likes this.
  17. Flying Bananasaur

No, you're a cheeky devil god, Bittersteel is a cheeky person. Completely different things, easily confused:p

18. CheekyDevilGod

I'm not a cheeky devil god

19. CheekyDevilGod

I'm The Cheeky Devil God.

20. Turbocat000

Turbocat000 New Member

Howdy mate!!! I have seen your vids and you are indeed a very good player..i am at ACE currently and want to be at NIGHTMARE someday..hopefully... I enjoy playing my shooter with the rares and epics which i currently have and they do deal a lot of damage..my question based on your experience is...my infamy increases by 400 by winning a lot of matches and dealing a lot of damage as well and then i stop playing for a while..then i play again and no matter how well i play or my team plays we loose eventually and the infamy falls again drastically and in the middle of such disappointing defeats it feels as if the battle bay system is programmed in such a way that you loose the battle and infamy anyway as i don't see the enemy who is blasting my ass...literally...i can't see them but they can... even if i see them and i shoot right at them...absolutely nothing...no damage dealt..LOL..i am pretty sure its not internet lag as it happens in a pattern when you keep winning...why do you think this shit happens???