1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Economics of Infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BITTERSTEEL, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Very simple, a carrier doing its job somewhere :p

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Nice try, but I got there without fleeting.

3. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    A carrier does not have to fleet-up to carry others...

4. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Even if we made a poll, do you think a majority having a certain opinion always makes it right? If so, i don't think we have anything more to discuss.

5. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    In this context what is more importantly, player satisfaction (that generates income for your company) or being right (which only boosts ego)?

6. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We put player satisfaction basically over everything else, but there is no matchmaking system that would make everyone happy. The "my team sucks so i can't gain rating" argument is as old as team based games themselves, and it's always false.

Miathan likes this.
  7. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I can vouch for Miathan. He's really good. Number one in his country, in fact. He knows where he's needed most and is always there when you head him. It's actually mostly skill. It doesn't much the rarity, as it's no use if none of the shots hit. Oh yeah, he's also only mk5

8. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    It wasn't meant as an attack or to devaluate his/her efforts, it was a side amusing moment... ;)
    In fact i would be unable to properly explain or answer his/her question in a proper way as i myself have not reached that level of mk,items or skills ;)

9. Miathan

If a "carrier" is not fleeted, he'll be against me as often as on my team, and the average infamy I gain due to this "carrier" would be 0.

10. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    You're correct even politicians are unable to make everyone happy...
    But there is difference between everyone and majority, at least politicians have made that understanding into a profession...

11. Flying Bananasaur

Then why answer in a way that could be interpreted as demeaning?o_O

12. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    If we would be talking about a single carrier, you could be correct, but we're not right?

13. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    With short answers one should always follow the conversation? It's obvious i started non-seriously with that side conversation...

14. Miathan

How does this matter? If there are more "carriers" (still not sure what you're even talking about exactly), they'd all be opposing me as often as on my team (slightly more often, actually, since there are 5 enemies and only 4 teammates). Same argument holds. I recommend you start thinking before posting.

15. Flying Bananasaur

The same logic still applies. They would still be matched up equally as often as an unfriend

16. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    I recommend you to stop thinking you're smarter as others by implying they are unable to think. One can't type without thinking what to write.
    If what's written is hard to understand for your logic, the problem is not at the writer but the reader, in which case a polite explanation request is more proper as an hidden insult...
    True but you forgot to import into the equation the difference in infamy gain/loss in mean time that you would be matched-up again vs that carrier, taking into account that the player base is not just a handful of players...
    True but you forgot to import the difference in infamy gain/loss into the equation, that you would have gained/lost in the time between, that you would be matched-up again vs that carrier, taking into account that the player base is not just a handful of players...

edit: sorry for such a line above, even i have difficulty to understand what i wrote there gramatically...
    Let me try to reword it in mean time.
    Hope the green version is more understandable as the compressed red version.
    (Sorry compression is a habit left from being an assembly programmer YEARS ago :D )

Last edited: 16 Aug 2017
  17. Flying Bananasaur

But
    But you forget that players are not evenly distributed within infamy. There are less people the higher up, which means the same people are more likely to be matched together. In addition to how not all players play at once, it is safe to say that people being continuously matched up is relatively common. Even at my infamy, ~2300, I see the same people very often. Also, there is a zero-sum gain in infamy during battles as the same infamy is lost that is gained. It is created by new users and destroyed by The nightmare when the season ends and they are reset.

18. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Exactly that's why my opinion is that the current matchmaking is faulty... ;)

19. Flying Bananasaur

And my point is that the system is not faulty, there is just a limited amount of people playing at any given time. Until there are enough people playing at any given time, there will be instances where the same people will get matched together.

20. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Then my suggestion to you is: Start a fresh account and see if there aren't enough players online at ANY given time.
    Not enough high rating players? Ofcourse and there never will be as the system is a pyramid type by design, the higher you get the fewer left.
    A system that forces the top of the iceberg to mingle into the lower parts is not faulty? you can't be serious...