1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The lag is getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Lightsoutokyo, 11 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

Now you can't see torpedoes coming towards you or ones that pass you by actually do hit you because of the lag plus you can't hit somebody with a rail gun because of the lag I play on Wi-Fi I know that the issue was not my connection
    Please Rovio Something needs to be done!

2. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Wow, what's your ping?

3. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Just because you use Wi-Fi doesn't mean you are lag free. Wi-Fi still has terrible connection to the modem as oppose to a LAN cable. There is also the possibility of your internet speed not being great, or maybe you or someone else is using the internet in the background (torrenting or windows update or leaving steam open to update games).

I've spent countless hours over the last few days and have never experienced any lag, and that's using my mobile data.

If a handful of people complain about lag, but 99% of players don't, it's highly unlikely that it's the BB servers that are the issue.

Last edited: 11 Aug 2017
    ThatOnion and Cyberfisch like this.
  4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    It's the old "I obviously can't be at fault for dying, so im gonna blame it on lag"
    Just don't even bother, i already tried to reason with this person and he just took what i said as bs...

Kitterini and retryW like this.
  5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

If it was his connection he would get the triangle warning symbol

I've been noticing little glitches recently, like jerky shooters look like they're using boost

6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

He would get that if the servers notice he is connected badly to them, not if his router is underperforming or he's getting packet loss to it.

7. BasedCarpen

Your wrong but whatever.

Ultrah likes this.
  8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

You're **
    And no I'm not. As a game dev and a network engineer, fairly sure I have a decent understanding.

9. BasedCarpen

Try walking away from your WiFi, you get a warning notification that goes from yellow to red.

10. @Climax

@Climax Member

My signal status says 'excellent.' Yet it take about a min to log into battle ( the first screen that appears when we hit BATTLE to direct map) and by that time battles would have start.

11. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

"Tried to reason"
    Yeah, jerky speeders flying across the screen and I'm watching other player run right into objects as they're just starting the game and they're stuck there for quite a bit
    To add to that, my shots going right through ships not registering damage AND I've seen other ships glitch right through objects

Now All of this is happening, but it's clearly my 4/5 bar connection on Verizon in the middle of a metropolitan area or my wifi which I don't have ANY other issues when I'm playing other games

So, because you don't experience these things it doesn't actually happen?
    Why don't you do what I told you to in my other posts and just stop replying, you're not constructive in the slightest, the way you talk down to people in your post replies is obnoxious and borders on trolling
    Just because you can't help, fix these issues and/or that you're not experiencing them doesn't make them any less of a reality for those who are (and I'm not the only one)
    So unless you have a constructive way of fixing the issue, just keep your comments to yourself

@Climax likes this.
  12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Those issues you described are all caused by the connection. I’m sorry I can’t offer you a more satisfying answer but that is the case.

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Get better internet :) Alternately, if you are based in the pacific, move!

14. BasedCarpen

Obviously, but on who's end. If it is on the users end we get notified.

15. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

By in the pacific you mean Hawaii and Guam or on the west coast?
    never gotten any kind of notification that my connection was poor or packets lost, ever