1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

-Speeder- Scout? Flank? Umm...how....?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by AnikaitD, 12 Aug 2017.

1. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

I'm a speeder currently using flare gun blast cannon combo, and a huge question I've had is what do I do early game? How exactly do I scout or flank? Many times I just sit at the edge of the area where most of the battle happens, and then either get taken out by 5 well led mortars or survive that and do 5k damage. The latter is obviously preferred, but I really want to know how to scout and flank well, cuz I having 2 medium range weapons means I can't do much until opponents get close. Tips or tricks?
    Here's my loadout if it helps:

Attached Files:

2. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Don't focus in scouting, wait 'til combat starts tgen aneak off to the side to get behind the enemy, then do hit and run. Then rinse and repaeat

AnikaitD likes this.
  3. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

Yea I do that problem is that just one or two hits from opponents makes me need to to retreat to heal with bandage.....

4. ThatOnion

Gamer
    That's what OB is for

5. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

Tru....I think I'm not using ob correctly though. Welp it's a learning process

6. ThatOnion

Gamer
    I play enforcer so you have to know how to use ob XP, you'll learn what you can and cant do over time.

7. SAØS!N

SAØS!N Member

Artist
    So given every map needs a different 'general plan' how do you play speeder?
    For something like Chillzone, it offers a few branch off routes to get behind your enemies and duck behind cover again. I always aim to grab the attention of atleast 1 player to isolate and gang up. Often this can fail due to 'Together'ness

8. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I scout and outflank
    Every game

The trick, as someone mentioned is to make sure you have OB available, and also tesla shield. But dont pop TS unless you really have to. Once you learn the maps it gets a lot easier. People are creatures of habit, youd be surprised how often they just do the same old thing, exploit it.

9. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

At the moment, I play speeder with cannon blast cannon (changed from flare blast as flare is low lvl), and I usually take potshots untill an opponent splits, and my weapons along with my Tesla bolt I can 1v1 just fine. I've tried flanking, getting better at it.

10. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

Yep what u said about habits is true XD
    but atm I like Tesla bolt more as I can 1v1 easier, but just pulled a rare shield so may try it

11. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Fleet with a player preferably a defender. Tell them your strategy. One which works even in nightmare League is for the defender charge them and/or something incredibly stupid and tempting for the unfriends while you as a speeder sneak up behind unsuspecting players SEPARATED FROM THEIR TEAM ONLY. That way you can take at least one out before they notice what's going on. Then your whole team can charge them while they're disoriented. It works, believe me. I use that tactic