1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MK5 Fixer coming soon. Loadout guidance please?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by CaffeinatedChris, 4 Aug 2017.

Tags:
?

What greens should I run?

1. Double Pulse (L20 Rare + L30 Unc)

2.6%
  2. Pulse (L20 Rare) + Bolt (L20 Rare) + Box (L30 Unc)

84.6%
  3. Pulse (L20 Rare) + Bolt (L20 Rare) + Tape (L20 Rare)

12.8%
  1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Edit time: Got my Mk5, went Pulse+Bolt+Box, and healed 12K+ in one match. Definitely the way to go. Might hang on to the double-Duct Tapes just for a change though, if I level up an Explosive Cannon I could play Aggro Fixer.

---

Going to be finally getting my Mk5 Fixer soon, wondering if double-pulse is still the way to go, especially considering that I'd have to run Rare/Uncommon. My Yellows and Blues are pretty much set already but I'm wondering what I should do for Red/Green.

Reds: Sniper Cannon is my favorite right now, should I consider switching? I have LOTS of torps to choose from ...

Greens: Here's the real choice, should I run double pulse (upgrading the Uncommon one to L30?) Pulse+Box+Bolt? Pulse+Box/Bolt+DuctTape? Leaning towards Pulse+Bolt+Box, since I've been in a couple games where being able to fire healing at someone far away would be really useful

I pretty much only play Fixer now, but could consider playing Shooter again if I get tired of fixing the morons and want to play like one instead ... ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Aug 2017
    Ultrah likes this.
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If Sniper is bringing best results or the one you have the most fun with then stick to it!
    ----
    Same for green items really, alot of viable setups at mk5 - Depends on what you have & how you want to play. I go back and forth between two setups:
    Double Pulse
    Pulse+Bolt+Bolt

Both work fine, but are good in different scenarios. If I had a viable Tape or Box I would probably do Pulse+Bolt+either, as the double bolt setup is very low on selfhealing

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Sniper is definitely bringing results (perks and talents have it at 22.5% crit rate, hitting for 622dmg) so that's what I'm liking. I unfortunately haven't been able to pull a Napalm out for the area-denial, but I thought that tritorps might be able to have a similar effect.

I'm liking the Pulse+Bolt+Tape combo myself, as since the patch Fixers in general get targeted really fast. And it might help me survive long enough to be rescued when a Speeder pokes into the back lines.

Definitely going to start leveling up the Bolt though since it seems I should run that in any setup.

4. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I would definitely keep pulse (sel-explanatory) and bolt in. This last one will later on remove frost and stun, heals more and faster than the box and reaches long distances. To me it's worth building. However lack of self healing is a pain and I wouldn't recommend going dual bolt unless you have a very defensive set up and you are really good at positioning/dodging. Since I am neither of those I run pulse/box/bolt and it works well for me. My only green epics are dutch tapes though and if I get a third one I might switch the box for it (so yeah, also take into account whatever the rng is giving you).

For red, I am as undecided as you are :)

5. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

I'm a newb but any suggestions on fixer is appreciated I'm at just unlocked Felix I think the healer guy but def gonna build up.healer any suggestions on items to keep in guessing any healing items I get uncommon and above lol

6. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

About weapons, Ive given this a lot of thought and trial... I just love Sniper (decent dmg and crits, close and long range, quite easy to shoot) and Napalm (can be used from behind cover, area denial, breaking enemy groups... so many possible uses).

Cant wait to run them both (I still have to choose btw one and the other :D )

7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Loving pulse, bolt, box. Fun and versatile.

As for the MK5s that run tape. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Learn to use box if you need to heal yourself so badly. ;-P

Swarlos likes this.
  8. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I pulled an epic long-range mortar should I use that, rare sniper, or rare mine? I'm using a L20 plain cannon right now and because I'm almost always behind my teammates they keep getting in the way.

9. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I love fixers who run bolt, box and pulse, it's an amazing set up, you get self heal, aoe group heal, solo heal AND long range heal.

Duct tape is a bad idea for any fixer unless you run defender style which is a lame idea. I also think that fixers should consider running a railgun, gives you great dmg and makes sure you can do dmg and focus on teammates without a weapon or healing item lying in cd without being used at all times (Very risky though, speeders, enforcers will haunt you, useless in close range and you will only be able to do dmg once in 22 seconds, but when you do deal dmg, you do right then you do it big.)

10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I went pulse + bolt + box myself and have no regrets. Awesome combo. I can see pulse + bolt + tape work too though. Many people dismiss tape as bad, but last I checked, the 2 top fixers in the game were running tape.

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

About the only one that people argue over is the Duct Tape, because a Fixer's job is to heal other boats, not themselves, but the reason I think it might be useful to me is that it will keep me alive longer to keep healing others. Keep pretty much every Green item you pick up. For Blues, start leveling a Standard Shield and a Turbo. Yellow, an Overboost.

One thing that's nice about Napalm is that there's no visual difference between the newbie's L1 Common Napalm and some p2w'ers L50 Legendary. All you see is "fire on water" and enemies naturally steer around it. Low level napalm won't do damage but it will spread out the crowds and make people turn around (at least until they figure out that they're not really taking any damage from it!)

I get the tape hate at lower levels, because it takes up a slot that should be a box or bolt. But at Mk5 you can still have a pulse and bolt/box going, and when a rain of mortars falls on your head, you can heal up in a hurry rather than having to duck out of the front lines to suck your thumb behind a rock. Pulse+Bolt+Tape might not offer as much healing as Pulse+Bolt+Box, but a dead Fixer isn't healing anyone.

I may try to save up and buy a Rare Box with gold, that way if I uncrate a second one I can level that up to L20. But it seems like all of the items (yes, even Duct Tape!) have their place in a high-level Fixer build.

12. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I am also considering the duct tape option for the additional slot when I get my mk5. Tape Haters are gonna hate but the argument is a dead fixer can't do any healing plus it's your ship you can do what you want to. If it's not a good setup your not going to get far.
    You can only work with what the RNG gives you I would love to try the bolt but it's not appearing I have one rare and that's it so far.
    I have tried the rail gun suggestion above. It was fun but with the decreased damage at close range you are helpless against a speeder. I do like the heavy hitting weapons though I use a level 17 epic swift torp. Nearly 700 a hit, reasonable cool down, nice splash and not so bad against speeders. Plus when it's frantic you just point and let go and mainly focus on healing.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

BINGO! People like to say that Tape isn't useful, but if I just have to keep dropping the Repair Box on my head just to stay afloat, it isn't healing my teammates either ...

I'm thinking of Swift Torpedo myself for the same reasons. I can get to L30 Rare with what I've got. I could also make it to L40 Rare Explosive (once I get to Tier IV on Bhurt) but not sure if I want to use it, and that's a lot of resources invested if I'm wrong.

14. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Not MK5 though. MK6s can run double pulse with duct tape, allowing them to take more hits as they zoom to double-pulse heal. They will take more fire in general since they have to stay closer to their team, making tape more justifiable.

With MK5 you take a serious hit in healing output running duct. I love playing against MK5s that do that. I can heal with box or heal my team as the scenario dictates.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Box gives you a big boost if you want to self heal. That's its versatility. Taking such a huge nerf in your healing output as an MK5 is simply unnecessary.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2017
  16. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Im all about the pulse, bolt, box combo!
    also my weapon is firebomb, great for helping team mates do dmg and getting stars. (goes over walls too so u dont need to be in view of unfriend)

Totoro likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I think you mean Mk6 here? Unless there's some secret code I have to input to unlock another Green stat point as Mk5. I tried swiping the Konami code but it doesn't do anything. ;)

In my case it's moreso the level/rarity of items that's making me consider tape. But hey, I can always build both and playtest.

18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I love double pulse fixers personally but that is because I stick with them. So I'll have my vote on that. But in a case where players are wanting to stay away from fixer pulse box bolt is a great option as well. Use both and experiment, see what works for you the best :)

19. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Given that I haven't been able to uncrate any more Green items since the initial post I may do just that! Uncommons are cheap to upgrade so I might as well give it a shot.

20. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Explosive would be a very good option, unfortunately the %damage talents don't come til lvl 21 (which is +20%). I highly recommend this over swift, but just my opinion. In fact I think explosive might even be a top 3 choice of all weapons for a 2 slot fixer, but then again I don't play fixer :/