1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Charged Pearls for Gift from Dad

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 31 Jul 2017.

1. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

How has this got to 2 pages?..From what I can tell..you tapped on the screen without reading..the same as people who scrap rares/epics by accident.
    Why the rush to tap the screen?..take a few seconds to double check BEFORE you hit "ok".
    I doubt VERY much you will get this reversed..or refunded.. it's user error..simple as that.

2. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Let it be -
    Seems to be advice-resistant like some others here and each further attempt is futile.

3. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Speaking words of wisdom..let it be... let it be.;)

Cyberfisch likes this.
  4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I can tell you that at least part of the reason is that people were chiming in to say that they also got pearls taken in this way.

Then we had the guy who was trying to money shame me for saying that amount of pearls takes a long time to get, since I should apparently just purchase that amount myself and not care.

My main point is that it's set up in a way to make it very easy for this to happen, and the consequence is significant, and there is no reason to expect it to happen in that situation. Apparently this is not uncommon to happen to people. The dev or staff member came in and said well I should know because there's a dialogue, but he/she didn't even give accurate information in arguing against my examples demonstrating that this is essentially clickbait- there's always a dialogue on those chests.

If I get an official response telling me I won't get it back, I won't be happy but I won't post in this thread further. If I hear this in-game situation is changing so this doesn't happen to anyone else anymore,, I will be happy. But some of you seem very arrogant trying to claim the role of Rovio.

5. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Sorry Cyberfisch.. I couldn't resist..but this will be my final post on this idiotic crybaby thread.
    YOU are the one at fault..YOU tapped the screen without reading..YOU may have learned a lesson and WILL read before tapping the screen.
    YOU also don't understand the definition of Clickbait.
    Please Mods..lock this thread.

Cyberfisch likes this.
  6. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    You do realize this is a forum, right?

If you want Rovio's answer you should send an email to support and raise a ticket with them. We all know the answer you will get, but at least you will be trying for yourself. Also, below is a "contact us" link that you can easily follow and throw your request directly to them.

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I have done those things and they aren't responding at all. So actually this thread was the only successful means of getting any kind of official response so far. (Even though as I previously said, that official response had wrong information.)

Also, some of you should learn how to disagree without losing your minds.

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Not true. The screenshots Helius Maximus just posted are correct and show it clearly. You first get a dialog which has the "Buy Free" button (Sorry about the dumb wording btw...) and after that you get the popup saying you have run out of inventory. In that place there is no popup on normal flow.

xxxBISMARCKxxx and Cyberfisch like this.
  9. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

And this will go on and on and on...! o_O

10. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

In b4 the lock:D

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I will check it out... my inventory isn't near full (since I didn't need the space as I mentioned) and I don't wish to waste gold so it will need some chest cycles.
    But I want to make clear that I only pressed one button, I don't know if a double click happened or what. but I would have noticed an additional dialogue coming up out of the norm.

12. Danyal khan

Danyal khan Member

I agree with u they need extra confirmation button i lost my epic level 18 blast cannon with rare perks.they dont have the system to prevent this from happening.im useless now because i lost my main weapon.why they even allow scraping of weapon with perks

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The two dialogs have buttons quite intentionally in totally different places (corner of the screen, and in the middle of the screen) to make it as difficult as possible to double click through it without realizing what you are doing.

Like I said, we don't intentionally want anybody to do mistakes. However, it's often very difficult to protect users from themselves perfectly because the more there are confirmations the more you get desensitized by them and then don't notice them when it would matter the most.

Because otherwise you could not get rig of those items without actually paying first to remove the perks, which felt like an unfair requirement. So now the player can decide to either scrap for free and lose the perks, or pay for salvaging the perks first.

Miathan likes this.
  14. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

@Miika have you guys put any thought into a 'lock' function for inventory stuff? A specific, intentional (manually set) thing that has to be disabled before a piece of gear can be scrapped/sold? I've played other games which have it, and it serves very well as an anti-tired/distracted/etc-accidental-junking feature.

15. Danyal khan

Danyal khan Member

I think u guys dont understand how human mind works.we dont need to read those dialog box every time scrapping.after scrapping 1000 of items our fingers work quickly and it happens in less than a second.
    About money on perks i think nobody wants to scrap there rare or epic perks because they are so expensive and if u r talking about uncommon perks then they only cost 500 for salvage so its not a big amount of gold they have to spent on salvage.there is another thread of guy scraped his legendary by accident.i think its time for u guys to do something about it and dont tell as about confirmation messages as i said it happens in less than a second.u seriously need to resolve this issue even tho i lost my epic already but i dont want to make same mistake again so it will be great if u guys actually do something about it

16. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

How would it be to work on self-responsibility instead?

17. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Well, that was my experience which was making me mad about it. Was it my phone or connection? I have no idea but it seems probable at this point. I followed through and recreated the situation and I got a second dialogue. Given that it was unintended and was a significant cost I still want the transaction reversed, please. I am not using near that amount of inventory, I had to go through a number of different chests to fill it back up so I have received no benefit at all from that space. Thanks...

18. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I don't disagree in principle, but I can also understand the other side of the discussion. People spend real money to get things in freemium games; sometimes a significant amount. A feature to minimize accidental waste of those items, through any means, would be nice to have around. I've not personally scrapped anything by accident, but I acknowledge that it's a possibility and that I'm only human. Were I to get my hands on a legendary and accidentally scrap it, I'd be well and truly upset too.

19. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

If I failed the golden computing rule number one, which is there:
    "First read - Then click"
    How many confirmations do you need?
    It will never comes to an end!

20. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Insulting people and repeating yourself is doing nothing to contribute to the conversation. I suggested a non-intrusive fix, one which you would never, ever be required to deal with if that was what you wanted. Do you have a reason why something like that shouldn't be implemented, other than 'I never make mistakes ever, so nobody else is allowed to have protections put in place?'