1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Charged Pearls for Gift from Dad

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 31 Jul 2017.

1. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

When it really comes down to it, you should probably cough it up to Lesson Learned and try to manage your inventory better. Never leave your inventory 100% full. Dump items onto "dead" boats if you don't want to buy more slots in the future, or take 6.2 seconds and scrap before logging out.

2. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I don't even need inventory spots to get gold/sugar/pearls, so my "lesson" is that Rovio is going to clickbait my pearls for something I don't need? Really?

240 pearls is the equivalent of like 8+ hours of playing the game. This is some bs.

3. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

Stop saying click bait. There is nothing clickbaity about any of this. You're not a damn victim. There's a confirmation screen, you clicked it too quickly, the end.

Cyberfisch and Helius Maximus like this.
  4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

And yet the thread is full of people who unwillingly got their pearls taken for inventory space they didn't even need to receive what was in the chest. The structure of the pearl-taking is highly suspect because A) there's no reason to expect to spend pearls on inventory in that situation since you don't use inventory space to store gold/sugar/pearls, B) The bait is set up by having it occur in a quick click-through that players use very often, and C) the button is the same color on the same spot on the screen as the normal quick click-through. Doesn't matter if you call it clickbait, scammy, greedy, sketchy or any other similar term, they would all apply to the pattern of facts here.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The box you collect from the shop always goes to your inventory first before opening it so that if your connection drops between claiming it and opening it you won't lose anything.

We gain absolutely nothing except annoyed people from accidental purchases so no need for conspiracy theories. The offer to buy more inventory is there because it's still a lot more user friendly than the game just saying "no", and then new players have no idea how to resolve the issue.

C is incorrect btw, there is normally no dialog at all at that point. If you see a dialog after claiming a box it's always something different than what normally happens.

Miathan and Cyberfisch like this.
  6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Well if that's 'actually' true then I should be expecting a refund/reversal of my accidental purchase, right?

7. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Man you just sound so cheap, even for a F2P gamer. You must have like 35 slots and probably constantly filled with stuff, therefore the lack of space when claiming rewards that actually are for free, maybe garbage, but it is free. So, the problem on the first place is your lack of space which you already expanded, unintentionaly perhaps, but it is something you will be using anyway. On higher levels more than 50 slots are recommended, so you will be actualy buying more space very soon.

Quit whining and start reading everything before clicking buttons, that should save you some embarrassment.

Miathan, Cyberfisch and ThatOnion like this.
  8. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Do you dispute that amount of pearls takes 8 or more hours to grind? If that's nothing to you then I just feel sorry for you lol.

9. Helius Maximus

PM
    No I don't, pearls are precious. What i'm saying is that inventory space is something you need anyway and it costs pearls incrementally. The next set of five slots will cost you 360 pearls and the next 420, so be more careful next time.

Edit: Actually you should be stockpiling pearls for the sole purpose to expand your inventory as a short term goal, specially to keep your duplicates to evolve your weapons to next tiers.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2017
    Miathan and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  10. xxxBISMARCKxxx

All I know is that I don't need that space now, I don't want to purchase space I don't need yet, and I haven't used the space from my "accidental purchase"

11. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

I'll dispute it. Anything I "grind" out is a bonus. 2-3 days a week instead of buying a mocha, I put it towards my weekly iTunes card. Or better yet, spend $5 and get 1,000 pearls over 10 days. Most of us can see a very predictable pattern in here. The cheapest of the cheap are the only ones that truly complain about little things like this. And yes, it is little. As some have already pointed out, if you grind that much already, you'll need those inventory slots before long (as you've already proven by having no space to work with anyway). You're fighting an uphill battle here, you're literally complaining over $2.40 worth of pearls. It's kinda pathetic if we're being honest.

Miathan likes this.
  12. xxxBISMARCKxxx

You sound like a very generous person with your money, I'm sure you must donate to many worthy causes that actually help real people in need.

But I have to say, you didn't dispute at all that it takes 8 hours or more of in-game playing to grind out that many pearls. You just said that they could be bought. Thanks for the info.

13. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

Given your penchant for showing your time is worthless (since the time you've spent on this issue is apparently worth it to justify trying to get back pocket change you find in a couch), I'll just say I wish you well in your future endeavors. The next time I feel like fighting for so little, I'll at least have the dignity of not bothering anyone else and instead go beg on a freeway off ramp.

Miathan likes this.
  14. xxxBISMARCKxxx

You sound very wealthy. With your couch full of money and all.

But anyways if it's such a minor thing then why should it be an issue to have the undesired transaction reversed?

15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Btw this isn't true at all Miika. There is a dialog with a button that says "buy free" that comes up.

16. Helius Maximus

PM
    Because you did confirm the transaction, it is your fault if you wasn't paying attention, plain and simple as that.

17. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Yes I confirmed a clickbait transaction that has tricked many people and now I want it reversed as that amount of pearls takes a long time to get. Thanks for joining the thread.

18. Helius Maximus

PM
    What clickbait?

Here is the image of a similar transaction, trying to but a free crate:
    Screenshot_20170803-110631.png

It says "Buy Free" in the button, that much is correct in your statement. But then, if you don't have enough inventory space, the following pop up appears:
    Screenshot_20170803-110640.png

It says clearly "BUY SLOTS" and then in the button says "BUY" and the number of pearls the transaction will take away.

My main language is not english and even I know what will happen when I see that.

Edit: Removed offensive words.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2017
    Biffter likes this.
  19. xxxBISMARCKxxx

No, apparently it goes straight to the second dialogue if inventory is full. And your insults say a lot more about you than about me.

20. Helius Maximus

PM
    Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to get personal there. Previous post edited.