1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The ideal fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 23 Jul 2017.

1. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

I hear ya. I wouldn't follow a speeder just rely on them to come back to get fixed up. It's mostly shooters that go off on their own with tunnel vision. Lol

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I know they feed us the line that this is how fixers earn battle stars. But I have kept the entire team at full health (including the high damage dealer) and been second in damage and still seen one star. I have done the opposite too, and received 3 stars. Star system for fixers...it's just to play with our heads. The only thing I do know is that fire damage helps tremendously. Healing...it is not where it is at.

But I play to win. So starts schmars.

3. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

If the most effective player doesn't take much damage it's hard to earn stars.

4. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I know you want to believe healing the damage dealer helps. But I have played so many games and just haven't seen any correlation. I have kept damage dealers from the brink of destruction, and I have done it often with little reward for the effort.

Again...the ideal fixer. Ignore the rewards. Just win baby win!!

Swarlos likes this.
  5. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

Most effective doesn't mean most damage, (Frost, stuns, burns, etc.) Also doin the most damage to the biggest threat on the other team probably helps. I'm not saying I do this, just telling the facts. No need to argue. Lol

Last edited: 31 Jul 2017
  6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    You can hear my tone? Hehe. Like I have said, I have healed EVERYONE in a match and they were all getting hammered. I did massive healing, more than double the amount of what any one player dished out in damage. And I have received one star for the effort. This is just how it is. Many healers on this forum have pointed out the paucity of stars for the impact we have. And none of them play for the stars; it's just sort of bothersome since the game sorts battle performance based on stars. Recognition denied...

7. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

Yes I am a fixer, and I usually get 2 or 3 stars. But I also am usually one of the top damage. This is just something that my brother pointed out to me (Who is one of the best fixers I know) and I noticed it afterward, trying to pass it along to others. I haven't had an issue with lack of stars in a battle, don't know what to tell you otherwise. Just seems like you like to argue with me.:(

Totoro likes this.
  8. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Yep. If I want more than one star, the participation star essentially, I have to do damage and a lot of it. When I do fire damage, the result is even better. Healing...pfft.

Replying is not arguing. Don't take it so personal, man. We are all giving our opinions.

Krusty- likes this.
  9. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

Okay I may have misunderstood your tone. Sorry bro.

Totoro likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, even the top dmg doers don't get 3 stars, it usually goes to the guy who hit somebody with a flare or fire bomb.

11. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Mini rant - FIXERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE DAMAGE DEALERS. Just lost a game cause the other fixer prioritised on acting like a shooter with a cannon instead of helping the team, would rather just have been solo and a shooter replacing his spot. Stupid double fixer teams.

aKifer and Jennyfur3810 like this.
  12. murius

murius New Member

Pulse would be great at the start if everyone stayed together or started off in the same spot - I only use pulse at the start if I have 3 around me. Even dropping a box at the start is useless since no one is going back to get it at the spawn point. Plus it will be gone by the time one needs it. Team needs to stay close for anything to really work or at least come back and be repaired. Too many times I see shooters come back and not even take a box....

13. murius

murius New Member

agreed - i run fire bomb or mines because i can just fire them off without having to concentrate on aiming. Torpedo's may work to but i think they take some time aiming. On a good team, i am always 3, its rare i out dmg others but when I do its frustrating to find out they are running all mortars and 80% of them hit the ceiling..... Just remember people green means go, if you get the green light on your cross hairs then you can fire.... Please use some logic in this game rather than button smashing!!

14. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Who you heal has no effect on stars.

Winning the battle, damage done, damage taken, all have a much bigger impact on stars and rewards then healing does.

I tested out this theory and saw no increased benefit of healing the best performer on the team.

Many of my 3 star games have come from taking very little damage, and doing a nice amount of healing to everyone, with an average contribution to damage.

15. Tahirri

Tahirri New Member

hahaha you really don't play fixer for the stars xD some games you play like a god and get one star, other games you suck and get 2 stars. Don't get. Ive done game with 22-24k healing (which is alot at my lvl) and didnt get any stars after the game ended in a draw -.-

16. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Who said anything about playing specifically for stars? We are talking about what effects the stars you get :)

17. Tahirri

Tahirri New Member

Yeah I know. I was merely saying that those who play fixers don't really play for the stars but to win. It was an agreement with what Totoro said earlier. Might not have been clear enough.

18. disorder

disorder Active Member

A Question about that,
    A Pure selfish build with fixer (bandage , duct tape , teslashield, etc...) is possible or not ? It will make A sort of big tank ?

19. Tooony

Tooony New Member

Is it just me or does it seem like most of the time I play as fixer my wins and losses are based on pure luck on getting teams that stay roughly together when I yell together or players who completely ignore me and run their separate ways to get killed.

Battle Bay Scrub likes this.
  20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

You only carry 20% of the team responsability, so its like that for everybody. Its very noticeable as a Fixer though, but I reckon that its the case for most classes.