1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Railgun

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Clintastic, 27 Jul 2017.

?

For a legendary railgun should I go for Cooldown or Dmg Perks?

1. Cooldown

2. Damage

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

NOOOOOOOOO!!

After about $300 and months of waiting I finally got a legendary weapon. I know many of you love the railgun but as an Enforcer (Who even at Mrk 7 only has 3 weapon slots with 3 points) It was probably the last thing I wanted.
    Sigh...

Well I'm stuck with it and might as well try and learn how to use it... So my question to you more experienced Railgun users is should I go for Dmg perks or Cooldown perks??

2. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

As you are using enforcer, go for cool down perk....It already does a lot of damage when used perfectly.... Otherwise railgun is of no use....Use it perfectly and u are all good.

CrazyFixer likes this.
  3. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Does anyone know what the rare and Epic cooldown perks equal? Here is what I have so far...

Railgun Damage UC 3%
    Rare 5%
    Epic 8%
    Railgun Cooldown UC -2.50%
    Rare -5%
    Epic - ??

Last edited: 27 Jul 2017
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I see alot of players using poor setups to run whichever legendary they picked up. I suppose lowering the CD might be a good idea of a low # of weapons ship, for a shooter I'd go for % damage.

5. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

I agree... I don't want to be that guy LOL

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

7. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Miathan likes this.
  8. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Yes there is guys.I had a rare railgun CD perk yesterday in my shop.It was -5% CD.

9. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

Must have been rare then yes?
    Thanks

10. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

Yeah it's a rare :)

Attached Files:

11. Jennyfur3810

Oh I just saw you're looking for a cool down... I'll let you know if I see one!

Clintastic likes this.
  12. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Yes sir it was a rare cooldown perk.I didn't take a screenshot because I thought people would have seen it and it was nothing special lol.

Clintastic likes this.
  13. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

@Clintastic finally lol Screenshot_20170817-120725.png only 3% tho.In thought I had seen it as 5%

14. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Anyone saying cooldown is just wrong. Cooldown of this weapon will ALWAYS be high. And the damage perks straight up out-scale the cooldown anyway.
    If you equip a cooldown and damage perk of the same rarity, you'll see that you get a higher dps (damage per second) than you do if you use the cooldown perk. You're also only ever going to be able to fire it off a couple of times, so when it does hit, you want it to hit HUGE.

I use RG as my main weapon, and used to have all cooldown perks on it, since changing to all damage perks I am finding it a LOT better.

CaffeinatedChris and Miathan like this.
  15. Jennyfur3810

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Correct. The Railgun defaults to a 22.2s cooldown. Even if you strapped three Epic perks (-4.5%, or 1 second each) that only takes you down to 19.2s.

If your Railgun sits idle for three seconds on full charge, you've just wasted that time you saved. Better to fit a +Damage% perk and hit 13.5% harder on your first shot. Immediate payoff, especially for a weapon with a base damage of 1095.

Seriously with even a couple upgrades, damage perks, and the related talents under Dr. Buzzkill (+10% damage, +20%, +10%) that thing's going to hit like a runaway freight train. You point that away from my little green lawnmower!

Ollie22, The Otherguy and retryW like this.
  17. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Haha lol.Yea I was searching for it from the day I read this thread XD

18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use railgun as a mk5+ enforcer even if it is legendary. 2 weapons would give out better dps with more accuracy

19. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I'm going against the herd here and saying cool down since it's your only other weapon, even assuming your 1 slot is a quick cool down you're going to be waiting on it alot. 3% cool down isn't much though

20. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

I am going to go against everyone and say don't use it!! As an enforcer you need 3 weapons, plenty out there that will easily fill the damage gap to the railgun.

If you ever change up ship and go for speeder or defender or shooter then I would suggest damage perks. Cooldown reduction will be good enough from Dr. Buzzkill