1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The ideal fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 23 Jul 2017.

1. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    If only...in my games, people die in a few seconds. You heal them or lose them.

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Fixer4Life here as well.

Fixers aren't known for having as much health as Shooters.

So when the match starts and those two or three Shooter Friends take their sweet time to start moving, I also sit with them, so I can be behind them when the shooting starts.

I also started using Nitro. Definitely helps. Went from 1700+ to 1900+. There's so many uses with it, especially when I have to escape the gunfight to heal.

So just stay behind the group and heal them! Or at least that's what I try to tell myself when I find myself up front with one Canon.

Together!
    Together!
    Together!
    Just watch out for those Big Torps. :eek:

3. Hellcat17

Hellcat17 New Member

I have also noticed that, it is best to try to keep your team even instead of healing 1 ship more than the others if you can. But a good plan only gets you so far because once you get hit in the face it all changes

4. Hellcat17

Hellcat17 New Member

That's the worst when you try to circle around behind the shooters and they just follow you it's like really guys what do you think I'm going to do with my one weapon

LadyBlue0828 and Ultrah like this.
  5. Elurien

Elurien Member

Oh yea man! That is realy worst! i get realy mad when all drive together and everyone is hiding behind me!

Ultrah likes this.
  6. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

I fleet with a fixer who takes torpedo at the start of the match and gives damage free to me.

7. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

If you want to be a full time fixer you should know Map awareness. And at the start of the game you should establish some presence and able to command your team but sometimes it doesn't go well the way you want it to be so know how to adapt with your team. And overall good Green items, perks, and well honed crew. @Jennyfur3810

8. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

An ideal fixer is one who keeps itself alive and keep atleast 2 shooters with it and heal the speeders who come back to it. Easy said than done!

One thing I noticed is that fixers feel themselves like shooters at the start of game and forces other players to follow him in the open as alone the fixer will die. Overboost or nitro is necessary, but but front blaster can be great, if having great turbo.

What do you prefer for a fixer: overboost or nitro?

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Overboost or Tesla Gun

Tahirri likes this.
  10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yep this sucks, but it's the right way. Even if the lone person ends up being the one taking damage first, you should still abandon him, because if he dies and you end up alone facing the enemies that killed him, you're always worse off. Happened to me many times when I was learning how to play fixer properly.

11. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

My favorite fixer is the one who doesn't overboost and charge in front at the start of a game and instead stays behind me

Battle Bay Scrub and Shooter@Bay like this.
  12. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

is that a thing? sounds like fun

13. cpt xxx

cpt xxx New Member

can't gain star? help me please

Attached Files:

14. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

You club seals much?

15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

After a monstrous streak of defeats I suppose its time to let out some salt!

My favourite kind of Fixer is the ones that, after I have shown my Double Repair Bolt setup, doesn't consistantly position themselves between me & whoever is dangerously in need of those bolts to survive.
    Now I just need to find one of them - Seems like a rare breed at the moment :) An added bonus would be someone who recognizes the difficulties in selfhealing & prioritize me when im at 10%, rather than their fleet buddy at 90%.

What can I say? I'm a dreaming, a salty dreamer but a dreamer nonetheless!

16. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I sympathize with you. But other boats block bolt LOS too (and I lose so many choice shots this way, even if they can't be expected to know I'm there). And fixers have to try to position to get the best location for their pulse or box to work too, meaning they might get in front of you as they activate.

I love that we are now asking people to learn to understand bolt dynamics...means it was a good update. :)

17. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I feel you! I've been on a loosing street all day and I can't seem to get people to stay out of the way of my bolt! Or I see a space, use it and then they get in the way. WHYYYYYY?! In all my double fixer games I've only had one fixer care about my health, they kept healing me (I was getting torn to shreds) while I healed everyone else, I am forever greatful for them!

18. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

My favorite fixer is the one I never see,stays behind and heals instead of running ahead and blocking shots and getting killed. Their weapon should be long range like a mortar, napalm or firebomb

19. Krusty-

Krusty- Member

Fixer battle stars are based on fixing the most effective player(s) on your team. If you follow the highest ranked player chance are they will stay alive long enough to kill some people, win the match, and get you more stars. The rest of the team should be following the fixer and the highest ranked player. Doesn't always work but more often then not it should.

But yes it does suck when you get caught 2 vs 5 .

20. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I generally try and keep in with the team, safety in numbers, just a nuisance with the one that splits off and more often than not it's Commando Stan the Shooter Man. When the team is at full health bar him I feel a need to sail after them as to avoid negligence and do my role. Catch 22 is it tends to be too late and I've left myself out in the open. As mentioned earlier in the thread it's better to know when to cut your losses and leave them to it. Unfortunately I find ships splitting off all too often.

Jennyfur3810 likes this.