1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy Help Please!!

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by • Percy •, 25 Jul 2017.

1. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    So I'm a mk 4 speeder and I can't seem to get higher than 704 infamy. It's almost like the game doesn't WANT me to get higher. What do I do? Please help because I don't want to be stuck down here. Do I change my playing style or something? SHOULD I be higher or is this normal? Also if you want to know -

Red slots
    Explosive cannon (rare lvl 7)
    Blast cannon (rare lvl 8)

Yellow Slots
    Overboost (UC T2 lvl 17)
    Tesla Shield (rare lvl 5-ish)

Blue slots
    Turbo (rare lvl 10)
    Standard shield (rare lvl 9)

Thanks,
    Percy

fr4nk1yn and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I am currently a mk5 speeder and I understand where you are coming from. I too have had many infamy drops and at this moment I have stayed around the 3000 infamy mark for almost 3 months now :/ It would be difficult to give some tips as most tips are very general. Like don't suicide and control your speeder blah blah blah. All I can say is that loadout is a very good loadout for an assasin speeder. One who stays back behind the other ships taking random shots at thr enemy with your team until you notice an enemy strangler. Try to focus on attacking the ships with the best weapons and not the ships who move the fastest/are the most skilled. Stay back and safe until you notice one of the enemies is running off by themselves (preferably a shooter/enforcer) then speed in between the enemy team and that strangler to cut them off. Run around that lonely ship and take them down without taking much damage if possible and then run back to your team. I'm not sure if you already do this bur I just thought I would throw it out there

3. • Percy •

9th grader
    Thank you very much. I think I am capable of doing this and I've tried to use it a couple times but I seem to ummm forget the ummmm strategy in my eagerness to deal damage hehe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Yes, the battle log doesn't show much more than damage and heals :/ Try not to look at the damage amount if you can because it's kinda discouraging. My strongest stradegy is distraction, if I can distract a shooter or 2 random ships with my tesla bolt and speed, then I can almost guarantee a win for my team as it's 4 v 3-4 while I distract their strong shooters. You don't have a tesla bolt in that loadouts so you should stay clear of that stradegy though for now

Ted1735, Ian and • Percy • like this.
  5. • Percy •

9th grader
    Captain Gilligan likes this.
  6. • Percy •

9th grader
    So do I ditch my shield for my bolt?

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You are at an infamy range where you don't have the best teammates... You really need to do lots of damage to carry those teams. Try changing boats until you move up a bit in infamy (just some advice :))

Mariam and Riddlerpaji like this.
  8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The fact that you don't even have lvl 10 weapons as a mk 4 is a little concerning. I feel you are doing sub-par damage for your level.
    I feel like early on the tesla shield is pretty useless. I'd change it for another overboost or a nitro. You aren't super fast early on, so make use of those yellow items to live up to the name of your ship, the speeder.

cgr3asy likes this.
  9. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

As a shooter, all I'll say is that I hate the freeze/torp combo and the stun, gun & run combo from speeders. Maybe you want to consider one of these tactics if possible. You will need to be fast though.

10. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm slowly building a freeze/whatever speeder myself on the side as luck hands me epic items.

11. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Exactly.

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Honestly, just level up your stuff. I'm at 2200 infamy with my mk4 ship, and there are lots of other mk4 here... but not with lvl 7 or 8 rares. Everyone has lvl 20 rares for their weapons and repair items, some closer to lvl 30. Those items have a lot more power than yours, and 2 extra perk slots. I would recommend to stop leveling support items for now and focus on weapons first (except maybe tesla shield if you're still going to use that). Having more firepower will probably get you much higher in infamy. It definitely did for me.

Mr. Chompers and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  13. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

once you level up your Cannons to atleast lvl 10 then your Overboost to lvl 20 and shield to lvl 10 then you will notice yourself gaining and retaining higher Infamy; every time i level my shit i gain and retain a higher Infamy

14. • Percy •

9th grader
    Alrighty thanks for he advice. I'll do that

15. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

I'm a mk4 enforcer, my infamy is almost tripled yours, i do recommend spending your efforts right now to upgrade all of your items, but I advise you against attacking off strangling enforcers, because they will outperform you in close combat. In my experience, I've murdered countless speeders.

Mr. Chompers and • Percy • like this.
  16. • Percy •

9th grader
    Thanks for the advice all, all my weapons on my ship are currently maxed out and I'm waiting for the T2 training and dupes right now. Also I'm running a double turbo for speed and I'm getting a stun bolt shortly. I've exchanged my bc for a flare gun and they're both maxed out at lvl 10 (explosive cannon as well) I'm trying to lvl up stuff as fast as I can with out spending money and pearls but it's slow work. Thanks for the advice tho

17. • Percy •

9th grader
    Thanks your advice was particularly helpful. I'm currently at 750 infamy and it's the first time I've gotten up there. I'm top 16 in warrior div 3. Aiming for div 2 :)

18. Crack Efron

Crack Efron Member

Until you get to mk6 (or mk5 with some cash investment) don't even worry about infamy, just learn each ships pros and cons and collect best items and perks available. The reason you can't catch up isn't you or the game but players who spend cash and have highly superior setup. Now is your learning stage, use it, pick a ship you are most comfortable with and evolve from there. Side tip based on my mistakes: never scrap epic or legendary items or blue+ perks! Will need them down the road.

19. • Percy •

9th grader
    Thanks y'all. I'm at 1000 now and I have a rare T3 blast, T1 rare flare gun (I might switch to grenade) UC T3 OB, nitro, stun bolt, or shield, and double turbo or bandage. I know the double turbo is a bad idea but I'm investing in a bandage so yeah. Thanks everyone

retryW and @Climax like this.
  20. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Grenade is great if you can get it lvled up. Very easy to use.