1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

BAE WATCH! Battle Bay Tournament 2, discord link posted here - come join live discussion :^)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DeeMeester, 26 Jul 2017.

1. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Hey guys,

DeeMeester here. My pal ADTR4LIFETV & I have created for the community the first ever Battle Bay competitive tournament for the game to bring more fun and entertainment to the bay.

We created a special promo video breaking down how the rules work and how to enter this very first tournament.

You can watch the video BAE WATCH! (the name of the tournament) here:

If you want to enter, just leave a #BAEWATCH in the comments section and a way to contact you (i.e. player tag, Instagram etc)

Thanks for checking it out & see you out in the BAY!

L8Rz
    DeeMeester

Last edited: 26 Jul 2017
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

No floaters allowed :( That's no fair

Head Zilla, Ultrah and DeeMeester like this.
  3. Joey who

I'll most likely join. See how it get's before late august x) Any prizes?

DeeMeester likes this.
  4. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

lul

5. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

We're working out a prize for this one... definitely recognition as the "BAE WATCH" champion and a lot of exposure and name cred on YouTube. xD

For the next one if this one goes well, for sure... we will do it like a fantasy football league and take donations and put all of that money toward a prize pool and winner take all.

We already have 6 signed up and only 10 slots left, so if you're interested, don't sleep on it or it may be too late! ;)

... oh and 1st place will also def have an auto invite to the next one I'm guessing

mammoth1946 likes this.
  6. Joey who

I think I'll just watch, kinda iffy about how it will work with infamy and item level differences between all the players. But really looking forward to watching it! :D

DeeMeester likes this.
  7. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Sure thing... but let me be more clear just so that nobody is confused.

In competing, all you will do is play 3 games as normal back-2-back and then submit that video... We randomly pair your video with another player in the tournament and broadcast the games split screen with commentary.... the person who gets the most stars from their 3 games, wins that match and advances so really there's no more chance of losing infamy than normal.

Is that how you first understood it to be? I know it might come off a little confusing in the video but I hope that clears it up for everyone.

Joey who likes this.
  8. Joey who

That clears it up, assumed 2 players had to fleet to see who does better. Hope Rovio supports this tournament (maybe it gets shared on the battle bay news box)

DeeMeester likes this.
  9. CrizR

CrizR Member

Hey, I like your idea and initially thought of doing similar tournament for Reddit. But some issues with it, as I think, are :
    • It doesn't promote team play - people may go with firebombs more and play for more Stars.
    • It promotes infamy dropping to a limit, where it gets slightly easier to win matches, combined with the first point and get more Stars.
    What's your thoughts on this?

I, sincerely hope this becomes a success though, as it'll show Rovio that the community is not afraid to come up with their own competitive tournaments even if they are not pushing it. Good Luck, I'll be watching it.

Joey who and DeeMeester like this.
  10. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Hey CrizR - great points... we did think about both of those things so let me address them here:

first, if this event is a success, we intend to open up a "doubles" category for individuals who want to fleet so we would have singles and doubles. Although for this one, we wanted to keep it simple and relatively casual so if you want to enter and fleet with a buddy that's all fine and dandy.

second, we all know infamy dropping is frowned upon and if apparent and in excess can get you banned so we do not condone it at all. However, it is part of the game for some so we just deal with it. Whatever players want to do within the confines of the game and the controls that are in place is up to them. We will not be the battle bay police.

That being said, we hope everyone is made aware of their chance to enter and can come by if they want to enjoy a little of this sort of entertainment. Appreciate the kind words and you're exactly right, the battle bay community is an innovative bunch! Sound good?

cgr3asy likes this.
  11. CrizR

CrizR Member

Thanks for the explanation, I'll surely be rooting for its success.

DeeMeester likes this.
  12. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Thank you!

13. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

That would be amazing!

Joey who likes this.
  14. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

We're sitting at about 50% filled up on the tournament a day after announcing... it's gonna be a lot of fun imho, plus we will take donations during the casting and it will all go to the BAE WATCH! world champion once it's declared... just sayin'. Hope you guys are having a great day! Peace out :cool:

Oh yeah, we've got several countries represented already :D

15. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Hey guyz, DeeMeester here.... only a couple spots left just a couple days after announcement... reply back with #baewatch to this thread if ur interested... see u in the BAY! <3

16. bambam1912

bambam1912 New Member

battle bay - friend fleet

17. Bigdaddy77cm

Bigdaddy77cm New Member

#BAEWATCH

DeeMeester likes this.
  18. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Guess I'll join
    #BAEWATCH

I can use another weapon/boat if necessary