1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please devs, tell me if this is fair

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Roundtable, 22 Jul 2017.

1. disorder

disorder Active Member

yes, go full mortar please

Babablacksheep and Kalbs like this.
  2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

just keep playing, man... you'll eventually find a way to counter the mortar spammers.... if you're team is smart, 1 counter is to spread out, if they focus on 1 target, that teammate has to retreat or try to survive long enough for you and the remaining 3 to take out 1 or 2 ships... use the map, there a lot of areas in each map where you can avoid or neutralize the mortar's strengths. rushing them is also an option, mortars are very difficult to use in close range.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

IMG_0157.PNG IMG_0158.PNG IMG_0159.PNG Again, with mortar fest matchmaking, thanks Rovio

Not even at the front of the battle, they still locked to me from a great distance, and continuous spamming a BARRAGES of mortar, how is this fair. The game has become a lottery for fixers, to have unfriends which doesn't have mortar against them.

4. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Not for fixer, we are not quick as you speeders

5. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Clearly you haven't played as a fixer in the midst of mortars raining at you

6. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

You got to speak up if it clearly unfair toward fixers, mortars are too OP the range is unbelievable they can reach the other side of map when perk is added on them. There is no limit to number of mortar allowed. How is this fair to fixers who has health pulse cut 50%, we are not a fast as a speeders, nerf on overboost, we can't escape from BARRAGE of mortar, target switching can't hide from unfriends by hiding at the back of the team. Only two weapons slot if you are mk6 or above, so if you are mk5 and below, good luck 1v1 with only 1 slot. Please tell me how is this fair

Please don't tell me switch ships, As I focused 90% resources on fixers, starting a new ships, at mk1-3 is fatal mistake in the ace league

behumble likes this.
  7. The Toucan

The Toucan New Member

They be wanting us to use duct tape so bad :D:D:D

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. @Climax

@Climax Member

It's sweet when fixer is welcomed by two Big Berta at the same time :D. #raining_mortars

9. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Lol, now you know half of what it feels like to be a shooter/defender. Except we don't even get yellow slots for overboost or nitro. So think about how often we get hit by mortars. I agree, mortars need a nerf.

behumble likes this.
  10. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    As fixer, mortars are no more an issue than any other weapon. I fear speeders that stun or freeze me really. Mortars...pfft. I adjust to the weapons and I see many that feel OP when I lose...nerf them all and make me invinceable!!!!

Kalbs likes this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

But that's boring staying away from match. What's the fun?

behumble likes this.
  12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    What? I never said that. I always stay close to my group. But I can range heal too as needed. Dodging mortar blasts is easy though; you learn where to hide and how to use shelter. And I'm battling MK6s and Mk7s. You just learn to do it.

Swarlos likes this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You say bolt and box help you right? But problem with bolt is it heals only one target and not multiple with increased reload time and it doesn't self heals and at lower leagues fellow players doesn't care if fixer from team is targeted. You see my problem now?

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

When I looked at the screenshots, I thought you were talking about the legendaries. The mortars? On a class that is using Overboost? I play Enforcer, my Tesla Shield usually only ever blocks one mortar, and I actively try to avoid having my shield broken. If I get spammed, I dodge most of them with Overboost alone.

For a general tip, all of the maps have areas or low ceilings where mortars won't reach or, as I like to call them, high barriers where someone firing a mortar from the other side won't connect. Look for them and try to be near them when the shells start falling. If you're not near one, use your Overboost to get to one. I know this is harder to take advantage of on Fixer, since you're tethered to your team, but if you're getting focused that hard you should just take advantage of the enemy's tunnel vision. If you frequently find that you spend a lot of time in wide open areas, you might be doing too much in terms of chasing reckless teammates. Maybe you should invest in a Repair Bolt? You will get less self-healing than if you used a Box or Tape, but you will also need to heal yourself less often since you won't have to chase people down all the time.

Shooters don't have a right to complain about this issue, you're the cause. :rolleyes:

And remember, be thankful that you even have a chance to dodge. If people stopped using mortars, they would just move to the next available cheap weapon. Snipers.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I was mk4 until last week. Above 3k then too. No bolt. Of all the weapons giving me problems, a mortar didn't and doesn't even make it to my top 5.

I'll stop with the opinion now...I guess my tools of the trade are all fail; I just didn't know it. ;-)

behumble likes this.
  16. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

If you choose where you fight. The outcome Will be different . Use your head and stop asking for nerf

17. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Welllllll
    It just bothers me when our team gets spammed with 6+ mortars and fire bombs, Sure speeders can avoid them just fine. Piss off speeders lol (enforcers I'm not ignoring you, you also avoid them pretty well!)
    But the problm is that the shooters and defenders stay there
    Or, and this happens frequently enough, we get hit by a firebomb and long range first, I start healing everyone up and while we're together, one or two mortar comes down. What is it? A big Berta. Now we just lost all the healing, terrible disadvantage.
    Two options. Rush and attack together (which you rarely find a team to cooperate with this), or slowly back up try to evade, and ultimately die....

If we're getting barraged by mortars I'm not super worried about me, but my team mates die faster than you can say "matchmaking is perfect!" most of these deaths are due to a finishing sniper cannon shot.
    Soooo I just hang back and let my team die? No I die with them...
    Also I'm aware u can go places where mortars are rendered useless almost, but it rarely works. I just don't have the power over my team to get them to move. And who follows a fixer anyways?
    @Totoro I would love to try that repair bolt set up, but haven't gotten any rare bolts and that just won't do for ace league.
    So yeah I'm all for a mortar nerf. Screw them. They really need to be only good for long distance so if we do advance we can get away from them.

18. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

The projectile speed is the problem

19. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

That complete nonsense, then tell me how to use my head if there is continuous BARRAGE OF MORTAR coming straight at me, my overboost only cover for so far, my health pulse only does 16 hp health, there is a limit for how much I can health from the first wave, before campers just spam another wave of mortar, the range on those mortar are ridiculous, once I'm are seen, a big red spot appear my head and everyone locked on to me from the other side of the map.

20. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Mortar camping is getting all to popular with these shooters