1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The ideal fixer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 23 Jul 2017.

1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

As a full-time fixer, I know what I expect from my teammates. But what's your ideal fixer? What's something we do that you wish we did differently or want us to focus on? Let me know what your focus ship is, along with your input!

KawaiiSpliff likes this.
  2. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

If you have pulse, PLEASE use it at the start of the match! Too often I see fixers dropping a box every time its off cooldown to prepare at the start of a match, but rarely do they use their pulse. I cannot stress enough how helpful it is to have a pulse HoT ticking when you first see an enemy. The first hit from a sniper or long range mortar once the enemy see you won't even have to be countered as your pulse is already ticking on your team mates. Please use pulse whenever it's up before a match, helps a LOT especially as everyone usually breaks up slightly once the fighting begins.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Drop boxes away from teammates at start of the match (before anyone needs them). Us speeders will thank you later

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

As a fellow fixer, here is what I would like you to do.

1. Show me which green items you run as soon as the match starts (Its nice to know what you are working with). Also pay attention to my setup and act accordingly.

2. Stick together with me, the easiest way for double fixer teams to win is usually if we stay together and make up for the pulse selfheal nerf by constantly healing eachother.

Krusty- likes this.
  5. BEN

BEN Active Member

At the start of the match dont throw boxes infront of your team mates. I personally try to avoid picking them up unnecessarily but if you throw it too close then its unavoidable.

Also if you are one of those fixers that has Tesla Bolt/Frost Blaster equipped instead of Overboost then please let us know early on by firing 1 or 2 shots. We might not all notice it but if I happen to see you firing TB/FB then that would make me play a more defensive game instead of playing aggressive.

WarCream and _devill like this.
  6. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

<- Full time fixer

1) One thing that used to get me is trying to save the hero who decided they can take out the unfriendlies single handedly. Careful not to follow them and keep with the team. We're a fish in a barrel if caught out.

2) Keep up the good work being a Fixer.

StormMagnus likes this.
  7. ShyGuyJB

ShyGuyJB New Member

Upgraded to mk5 to have two pulses. I run to shooters to heal them and whenever I can, I go to defenders.

Shooters are the ones who deal the most damages and as the guy who has only one weapon, I just try to keep the ones who have 4 or 5 alive. As for the defenders, as you should know, they got a lot of health, so I just hide behind and heal as much as I can while I provide some help damage wise, while they take all the hits (again, lots of health)

8. Jennyfur3810

I call those my suicide missions! It's something I'm still learning to keep myself from doing as well! I see them and want so bad to save them, I usually throw a box out as far as I can and hope for the best for them. Lol

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I just started playing fixer mk3, I look at the fleet lineup and figure out the highest ranked shooter and follow them.

10. StormMagnus

StormMagnus New Member

I have been guilty of #1 as well. I see an aggressive shooter from the start and follow them to my death. "Together!"... means something I am learning. Cannot save everybody. Majority rules.

11. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

But at what point are you abandoning them, because if you follow then that's almost half the fleet and the others should then back him up

12. Kitterini

Depends on how important you think the player is --- If its Christmas then I probably follow, if its the lowest rated shooter then he is probably going to be left to die. It also depends on your setup, some Fixers can sustain themselves fairly well, others play with 1 repair pulse as their only means of selfhealing (in which case going with him is guaranteed doom).

But yeah, its hard to make general rules that apply for all situations - More than anything its a matter of adapting to situations and understanding your priorities at any given point.

13. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

Usually if someone is at like <300 HP and I'm too far away from them I'll leave them to die and instead try to heal other teammates who are at like half health am I a bad fixer? :(

14. Hellcat17

Hellcat17 New Member

I use a repair bolt so distance isn't an issue as long as you have a clear path. It also helps to target lock.

15. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

I only got common bolts though :S

16. Kitterini

Not at all - Sometimes you need to decide who lives and who dies, thats the best part of playing Fixer :)

17. Jennyfur3810

The thing is, most people don't. I usually sit for a second, see where the majority goes, and follow them. I feel for the guy I'm "abandoning" because that's one less person to help the team, but I would rather loose one person then become a sitting duck, because then it's two people less (one being the person who is going to heal them) that the team would have to try to compensate for.

18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Speeders love you

Hellcat17 likes this.
  19. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

My favourite kind of fixer is one that uses nothing but an overboost, turbos, carronades, and duct tapes. Only heals themselves as they pick apart the enemy team one by one.

20. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    I am a full time fixer too. But I play sneaky. One of my trick is: sometimes I let everyones health percentage be same. Everyone takes out lowest health but they wont take time to look numbers. They look for lowest percentage. So with this you can prevent enemy team to focus fire. Everyone will attack random.

Flying Bananasaur and Totoro like this.