1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please devs, tell me if this is fair

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Roundtable, 22 Jul 2017.

1. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

IMG_0155.PNG IMG_0156.PNG As a fixer with 1/2 health pulse effectiveness please tell me how to avoid me CONSTANT BARRAGE of mortar fires. After you nerf this ship, you must realise that mortar are now getting too OP, we can't outrun those mortars, cause you nerf the overboost as well. You need to consider to limit the number of mortars available to each team to ensure that we are survivable ship. Take a look at the images provided those are TOO MANY MORTARS for us to fix our ship and at the same time to avoid

Epekka, Jdm7, Shadow Moon! and 3 others like this.
  2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Trust me i know, had a battle with 12 recently....just seem to be getting more popular.
    just stay back and do whatver healing u can, half my games i spend running away it seems unless i can find some good cover

3. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Assume the other team has mortars. It helps me a lot. I even try to avoid being spotted unnecessarily at some points. Bolt and box help a lot to keep you out of range as well.

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

When their speeder makes a round and next moment you have 4 mortar targets on your head. It's about time everyone gets a taste of what defenders have been putting up with for months.

Epekka likes this.
  5. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You weren't the fist one to go forward right? Most of the time when this happened it was when the fixer tried to scout.

Netsa and The Otherguy like this.
  6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Before a lot of pros come here in few minutes and say that mortars are very weak (they might be over 3000 infamy), let me tell you this. I am a Speeder MK4 (2000- infamy) with only 1700 HP + nerfed overboost. Speed of my ship is almost 1.5, but when other team spam mortars like crazy, there's nothing really I can do. I had a few games that I just spent running away from mortars and luckily using my Tesla shield to protect me from a few of them, but I was an easy target even with the crazy speed my ship has.

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't mind big bertha because it's 2 slot with highest reload and fair range. Long range on the other hand should've been a 2 slot weapon.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  8. @Climax

@Climax Member

If I put repair launcher box between two players within radius will both receive heals?

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Wait til they nerf speeder again. Mortar Bay anyone?

EyeOfDoom, Shadow Moon! and ThatOnion like this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Mortars need a nerf. Mortars should be completely useless when ships are closer than 5-10 range.

That's the only way people will stop spamming mortars. The devs are watching and they always nerf items when too many players keep spamming 1 item in favour of another.

Happened with overboost, pulse and tesla shield.

Mortars are gonna get nerfed next for sure.

11. disorder

disorder Active Member

Enforcer here,
    1,14 speed, no ob, no nitro.
    Just Teslabolt and teslashield.

Spammer mortar is not a big problem, now i run in close fight, dont care about team (def stay back, shooter dont move, so no interest, i do like they dont exist,).
    In close fight mortar spammer are often bad, often they got a snipe, but they never leading shot, just autohit and even like this miss often. so i try to kill at least one, it give chaos in band and thats help ( i die often... Well better than staying under red dot)

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  12. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

No, I was behind the shooters, I think they locked on to me, the moment I appeared in their radar, my sea blue path became a line of red and yellow circle, The moment I try to change direction, a new set of red and yellow spot appeared in front, It is getting really frustrated to play a mortar fest match. I feel like I can't do my job properly.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  13. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

I think the it is the closer one gets it, because whenever I got a box between the two players, the closest player will get it even though he/she has more health

@Climax likes this.
  14. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Sometime, I have no choice :(, cause either friends getting targeted, they need health fast, to try anf avoid getting the unfriend sinking my teammate, as sometimes it can be affect the morale of the team.

15. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

I feel the pains of defenders after the nerf, tho it is even worst, as I don't have the health of defender :(

16. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    No. only the one closest to the center.

aKifer and @Climax like this.
  17. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I am just tired of the endless nerfing requests for this or that...just a regular part of gaming.

Add content, maps specifically.

18. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

*Maps that aren't like Chill Zone. I don't hate mortars but I wish maps offered more ceilings to cover from. Mortars don't even do that much damage unless you're standing in the middle.

Iunch likes this.
  19. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

It's a very good sign when people ask for nerfing basically everything ;)

Ian and Totoro like this.
  20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lol

Speeder here with 1.3 speed and 1751 hp. Never had any issues against mortars. I hope everyone uses it, keep using them guys!!! :D

Babablacksheep, Totoro and disorder like this.