1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF....matching system....so tired of losing!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by mar5hmello, 15 Jul 2017.

1. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    But @Kitterini has a point here, the matchmaking as bad as it is, its the same for everybody. As @P0rthos has explained before, infamy comes in waves, some times you will enter in a loosing streak and some times you will have winning ones. Some times you will carry your team and others they will carry you. If they don't respond to your comands, then go with them and try to keep them alive. The most damage dealing doesn't necessarily will make you win the battles, it is teamwork that always does. Some times it means you have to sacrifice your self to win the battle and some times it is you the one who have to do all the killings. At times you are against big monsters and other times you are the monster to be feared. That is the way this matchmaking works.

Back when I was on the 2.5k infamy range I experienced the same frustation, went into a loosing streak and actually was demoted from ACE 2 to ACE 3. What I did was to change my mind set, started caring less about infamy and trying to learn more how to play the game in a better way. Started listening to @Kofy, @P0rthos and other teammates that gave me advice. And it took me a while, but now I'm in the 3.5k+ infamy range. The down side is that now it is more frequent to be against the top 50 players of the world, but you know, some of those will be on your team too. I think on average I'm loosing two and winning tree. It is more difficult as more legendary weapons T3 and above show up here, also the scary MK7 ships. In my case, I'm still MK5 and just do my best in every battle even against MK6 and MK7, because the matchmaking only cares about infamy amount.

So, in the end it is just how you deal with what you got. As @Kitterini said, the only constant in matchmaking is you. There is no loosing because your team sucks, remember you are part of that team.

Mate, just keep trying you will be rewarded soon enough.

Cheers!

Last edited: 19 Jul 2017
  2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Dont forget that every day there are 30-50 thousand! New players.. a slice of them, perhaps 5% will be willing to pay and a percentage of them considerable amounts..

Game is about ship level, captain level, gear and skill.., likely in that order, you are probably just falling behind on one of the other things

3. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Try adjusting your play style depending on your friends and unfriends class. But it does happen, all you gotta do is keep playing

4. Mariam

Mariam New Member

Why there were 2 mk5 ships and in our team there wasn't even one... i mean the matchmaking really sucks

Attached Files:

5. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Because it is infamy based alone. It will match you against opponents of similar infamy don't matter the MK level of the boats.

6. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

UPDATE: I went down all the way to 998, then had 2 good sessions a few days ago, then 1 bad session, then 1 good session, so now I'm at 1343. Only 200 infamy from my high of 1530.

It's still frustrating when your teammates do EVEN TRY!

7. ~ HuNteR ~

~ HuNteR ~ New Member

WoW, nicely n wisely summerized.... I think we've been in matches together :p

monobrow likes this.
  8. Kean

Kean Member

I personally think the developers have increased the difficulty in each level. So, our current weapons may not be sufficient enough to battle with those ships have optimised their combat conditions at the same level. Hence, some of us got busted. In the same scenario that havejust mentioned in the above, some of us may have encountered with weaker opponents. So, it is about luck. I don't count on it.

The worst part was I always team out with crazy speeders that love to show off their skills and running around, did nothing. Also, some cowards like to hide behind and fixers didn't know their roles very well. What could we do? Battle Bay has exposed the ugly part of human begings. How selfish and coward people screwed the whole team.