1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Firebomb rant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 18 Jul 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Here's an accurate example of me running away from the radius of a firebomb before getting -40 burn dmg x 17 seconds Screenshot_2017-07-18-07-56-04-1.png

If a fire bomb hits you from the point you're half a pixel in it, it should AT LEAST not last the full 15 (+perks) seconds.

Easy balance: Make the time average on where the boat is hit (like the frost launcher). Max being in the middle (full time) and minimum being like 9-10 seconds at outer ring.

dikshift, Star.Nova, Ian and 6 others like this.
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

I Think that rovio work actually on mortar/firedot/teslabolt/torpedo...(and perhaps frost duration/effect)

3. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

If it hit you at the edge each tick would only be like 5 so no sweat

4. CARRONADE

CARRONADE New Member

if a legendary firebomb hits u at the end it deals 40

5. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Best thing about fire bomb is the duration, not the dmg, who uses firebomb for the dmg? It's to make our cannons crit.

Please demand a dmg nerf if you want but not the duration.

Plis plis plis

6. Joey who

Even a tier 3 rare does...

7. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I've always found it weird how if I'm on the edge of the circle, like you said, I still get set on fire. The radius really only should be IN THE CIRCLE.

Before anyone asks, I use firebomb

Also nice drawing lol. Have a like

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well sometimes it's lag, it looks like you're all the way on the outside but in the server you're further to the middle. I see the same with torpedoes sometimes, I'll be visually far away from the explosion and still take a lot of damage as if I were close. It's frustrating, but there's not much to be done about that.

9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah it's strange, but I think they work like mortars in that the aoe zone isn't 100% accurate due to the waves and angle it comes in. (It would be accurate on flat surface). It's really annoying though to be on outside and still take almost full damage, and other times only take 1 damage per second; the inconsistency kills me haha

TheFixer27 likes this.
  10. Joey who

@Miika I bet he hit everyone with the outer rings of firebombs all game...
    qiosyBO.jpg
    PS: Not my screenshot