1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

When did I say all fixers sucked?

I was asked about the sucky fixers I played with in my previous replies and hence I posted one here

2. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Why does everyone on this forum seem to be ultra defensive?? I never said you said all fixers, I was merely counter balancing your post and highlighting that every class has its bad players.

3. disorder

disorder Active Member

except enforcer most of player play like shit..(because they are dissapearing :)
    ok i get out...

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

We are not!! Why are you attacking us?!!

Fiorell, Syla5 and JJf like this.
  5. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

You are wrong. Period. The number of self-entitled douches just getting out of high school is already too high..."I don't spend a dime on this game but gimme gimme gimme, no fair!" The community is already proven they cannot be trusted with their own judgement, let alone what is probably a proprietary algorithm used to judge who and what players are doing. When you advocate for that much transparency you're part of the problem.

And to put a small point of contention to rest, a Dev has already explained in a different post that it isn't what you heal, it is WHO. If you're healing the scared little shit lobbing mortars from behind a rock, he isn't worth a nickel. If you're healing the Shooter doing #1 damage in the thick of battle, his damage is calculated into YOUR HEAL TOTAL in terms of Stars awarded (not actual stats though; don't blow a blood vessel). Basically stop healing the worthless teammates.

That also correlates into why sitting and doing nothing gets you no stars. More often than not you're traveling half the map already trying to heal the "good" players, not the cowards too afraid to die because they feel they're too good to pay for VIP and yet still get to complain (you don't, by the way. Because you never add anything constructive, 99% of the time it's "this isn't fair, gimme gimme"...shut UP already and learn how to steer your boat into conflict). We're way more apt to heal someone in the cluster doing his best to target a boat than lay back and Peekaboo behind a rock. You get nothing from THIS Fixer.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  6. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

This sounds great except it isn't really true in reality and why you see the complaint posts..If healing the person doing the most damage were to have a very noticeable effect on your stars then experienced fixers like Kitterini and Tort wouldn't be arguing about Fixer star inconsistency. Yes, obviously it does have effect but other factors seem to have a much larger impact and thus lead to inconsistency of Fixer star ratings.

7. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

does the +% extra healing buff do nothing at certain values on the repair pulse due to the way it rounds up. Or is it just the way it is shown in info.

For example if I have a tier 3 uncommon pulse, if I have the cool down perk on the heal is 39, however with the +2.5% heal perk it is still says 39. Does this mean it's not doing anything?

IMG_1583.PNG IMG_1584.PNG

behumble likes this.
  8. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

It's possible the percent is so small it doesn't increase the pulse number. For example, 2.5% of 40 is 1. So you'd have to have at least a 40 pulse to get an effect.
    Btw do you have a guild? We'd love to have you at humble :)

9. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

What behumble said. It's basic math. 2.5% of 38 is essentially nothing. At your pulse level you're essentially gaining 1hp every 3 upgrades or so (ballpark, I'm sure some literalist will come in screaming at me).

behumble likes this.
  10. Craigjnoble

Yeah the maths bit is easy, it's more how it's implemented. I was wondering if was an average of the total heal, i.e. Sometime it will heal for 39 then other ticks it would be 40. but for now I guess I will err on the side of caution and take the reduced cool down and swap it back when it's worth while.
    Luckily the rng gods have been kind and given me a second rare pulse. (They have already given me an epic duct tape which I probably won't use and 5 rare boxes. I need 1 more to be able to max it out when my captain is high enough)

behumble likes this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Its not 2.5% of 39, its 2.5% of base healing (click the number to find out what that is).

Pretty sure your decicing for going with CD in this rare case is a fine solution - Long term you'll want % healing in all items though!

12. Craigjnoble

Yeah my box has two rares and an uncommon in it at the moment. I am just playing around with perks in the pulse and noticed that. Same is true for the rare pulse I have some times it's better to have 1 % effect and 1 reduced cool down than two % effects it's all down to how the maths works out. I used the uncommon pulse as it's easier to show what I was trying to find out. I wasn't sure if the item info was correct and if you could get a fraction of a heal as stated in some of the bases (23.2 for example) or is some rounding done after all the bonuses are calculated which appears to be case.
    I only have uncommons spare perks to play around with but I have noticed sometimes the next level info is sometime 1 point higher than you actually get when you do an upgrade.

Anyway to cut a long story short. Check your %healing perks on the pulse depend on the level/raritys sometimes your upgrade can make it ineffective. This is probably more of an issue at low levels

13. Tahirri

Tahirri New Member

Just to bring back the conversation to the rewards we get! Hahaha Honestly both fixers should have gotten at least a star

And hello to all fellow fixers!

Attached Files:

14. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I missed this post. Anger is strong in you!

So you are advocating a reward system with little transparency? That makes complete sense. Of course, you might as well give random rewards since no one knows why they got them.

Wait no...you then try to explain the system. So it is transparent? I am just confused by the venting...I hope you feel better now.

15. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

I do, thank you! I also enjoy the fact I explained it enough that instead of a counter argument to my retort, you gave nothing to contradict my opinion and instead tried to point out some possible anger issue. Problem solved, I guess. :)

16. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Contradict a contradiction? The contradiction is what was pointed out. I also didn't know if you just wanted to vent; it seemed like a vent session more than a retort. I won't argue against that. We all have those days.

17. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

This is starting to sound like "Argument Clinic" with all the contradictions!

18. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    LOLOL. I shouldn't have taken the bait!

19. BlindMelon

BlindMelon New Member

Personal experience leads me to the conclusion that the stars calculation is a factor of who you heal times damage output. I get 3 stars about 10-20% of the times we win if I'm in the top three on damage.

I find it hard to believe that the equation is solely based on who you heal.

20. Tahirri

Tahirri New Member

Does healing really affect the number of stars?? Lol (sarcastic).

I don't get it. I did four times the healing he did and almost same damage and he gets 2 stars and me one.

I feel a disturbance in the force!

Attached Files: