1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

latest update was few weeks ago mate... they are trying to keep updates as one per month but have you even noticed how small dev group they have? There's not even nearly enough them to keep updating every week + it would get too boring when they keep forcing to add something new.

Besides now the holiday season is begining in here Finland so probably some of them are on vacation already -- makes their group even smaller.

And how about thinking first before posting such a inappropriate comment

2. r4z

r4z Member

Careful what you wish for, they aren't big on updating the game but they love their nerf hammer.
    Why use a needle when you can use a chainsaw.

3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Why use a dinghy when you could use a battleship?

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. DarkkMinion

DarkkMinion New Member

Totally agree.

5. r4z

r4z Member

lol man you shouldn't talk, you have the biggest boat! "my little friendly defender"
    are you on 15k hp now?

6. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

with all the money they have earned from all these wallet warriors, they should hire some new blood and increase their team. hopefully someone competent.

Mamamyers likes this.
  7. r4z

r4z Member

yup, my thoughts exactly.
    whenever I hear another guy saying "but but but they are a small team" -> so why not hire more if you are short, you are making money and you will be making more if you get this game right
    I've been playing for ~2 months and spent easily £100, I'm a low spender compared to others
    For a little android game that's a lot of money but I don't mind spending for things that are fun. The frustration comes when you feel the developer is taking the p/ss, that's when I start thinking "cut my losses and move on?" , "stop spending?"
    The irony is that nobody wins, they get flamed, probably get annoyed and keep silent/ignore forums, players quit, game gets a bad name, they make less money - nobody wins.
    Players can act like spoiled brats (I admit to it) but bad handling from the devs will make things worst - not better.
    Listening and responding to players, giving some reasoning/explanation and if needed giving in a bit to the requests, you know a little "give and take" - would go a long way.
    I see very little of that here.

8. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

I wouldn't mind monthly updates, they can take 6 months and I wouldn't care less. But if the update has A HUGE BUG that they admit, hell they even made a sticky thread about it in the announcement: https://forum.battlebay.net/forums/announcements.2/ , it has to be fixed ASAP. As in hours or days, not weeks.

In an IT company, they should at least QC the application/game before pushing it to production and if there were some bug, they should be able to rollback to the previous version.

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Unfortunately this is not our bug, it is a "security feature" in Unity, the engine we are using. This means we can not fix it by ourself but we can only wait, just like you. https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-6-1p2-breaks-touch-input.474030/

All updates are being tested before launching them. However unfortunately it's impossible to cover all possible combinations in the testing. In this case none of testers just happened to use any screen overlay programs so this was not detected.

10. r4z

r4z Member

ty for the explanation Miika
    until they patch Unity the players affected should disable/remove screen overlay apps right? that should fix it short term

btw, do you guys have any thoughts/plans to tackle speed hackers? I see them quite often these days, same for my guildies, hopefully reporting them gets them banned for good (no temp ban)

11. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

Thank you for the information, this is what I'm looking for, at least an explanation on the bug not a work around. You should probably stick it in the other thread.

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been suggested already, if not I think there would be a better way of implementing of this update in particular.

1) Weapon damage should 'wear' the shield down until it's depleted - No stun debuff

However,

2) Tesla Bolt could apply a Tesla Overload - Too much electricity in the ships system overloads the shield generators - which is what applies the stun and depletes the shield negating any damage requirement on the shield. I think this would be a better concept for this and plays more to Dr. Buzzkill's nature.

13. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

Dude any update on this fix by Unity? It's really frustrating how control efs up at the most critical time. Any ETA from Unity or Rovio?

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Unfortunately, no.

15. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

16. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    You (sadly) need not worry about blacktail because he left. The best player of BB left

17. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

I hope you will not nerf blast Cannon o the upcoming update

Nof likes this.
  18. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

When leaving, please close the doors and remember your umbrella.
    You will need one, the rain will not stop because you get wet and complain about it!

19. Nof

Nof New Member

Keep in mind that the various modifications of the speeder also influence the enforcer (OB, Tesla Shield, Sniper, ...), but that the enforcer is definitely not as competitf as the speeder.
    The enforcer suffers terribly from the changes of speeder ...
    The gap between Enforcer and Speeder barely compensates from the MK6, must wait for level 41 ... Either many months of play...
    When will we see a buff of enforcer ?

20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Time for a final 'looking back' review of this patch. I play fixer (would love to play other boats as well, but that is not really how the game is designed, so stuck in green for now).

The positive:
    Repair Bolt (after the obviously required rebalance) is a great new item. Its fun to play with and the health VS utility talent choices are actual decisions which is cool.

The negative:
    The Repair Pulse selfheal slaugther is severely limiting how fun it is to play fixer. To a point where my enjoyment of the game is in a rapid downward spiral. Prepatch I could activate my overboost and go on offensive when required, now Im stuck hiding in the back. Always passive, always hiding, always defensive.

The enforced defensive gameplay is not fun for me, and I sure miss when Fixers had more strategic (viable) options.

The sad part - At no point was Fixers dominating endgame play. 4-5 Fixers in the top 50 did not warrent such a crippling change.

#makeFixersGreatAgain!

Zangetsu, Hellcat17 and Stelmo like this.