1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamous infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Paccdaddy, 16 Jul 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Try dealing damage as fast as you can without getting destroyed yourself. And damaging the boats with the least hp and/or the enemies your teams are shooting at. Also try telling your teammates to help you kill someone. 0.00000000001% of the time they will listen :D

Unfortunately that's the only solution, haha. But also, in the long run your current infamy doesn't matter too much. Keep battling and earning star crates and doing quests. You'll get your items up and naturally you'll move up infamy without trying to carry bad teams. Good luck :)

Mamamyers, Ian and Paccdaddy like this.
  2. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

Here's a guy and not a dingleberry

Joey who and Mamamyers like this.
  3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Im so hurt
    I wish i had a legendary bandaid in real life to help with the pain!

Joey who likes this.
  4. Mamamyers

Loser
    Yea joeyaa cool

5. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I find it hard to believe that a person can go four and 17 in a day and it's because they suck

6. Mamamyers

Loser
    ?

7. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I'm agreeing that there's too much at stake to be punished because of your team

8. Joey who

I think 4 wins 17 losses

9. Travi5

Travi5 Member

Infamy drops and gains are common. Sometimes no matter what I do, I will lose infamy... Of course I can suck and gain infamy just as easily.

I guess the only stable thing about infamy is that you can only drop till you can carry your team to victory.

Attached Files:

BITTERSTEEL likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Battle bay is the only moba where you touch battle and a match starts within 15 seconds. That kind of speed comes at a price and that price is team balance.

There's nothing you can do about players who got dced cause they got a call, or their network screwed up.

It's happened to me a couple of times and you can ask anybody, I'm no floater.

As for team balance, any kind of filtering with the matchmaking will increase the time it takes to make a match from 15 seconds to near 60 seconds.

Are you guys really cool with that?. I don't want to wait 1 min to play a 5 min match

11. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

First: YES I would wait one minute because at times I have waited up to that amount for a much more balanced team
    Second of all, there can be both quick matchmaking AND balance it's just math

I see you have a sympathy towards the developers that most of us don't, but there are means and ways to balance the game, and yes Will take time
    However the lack of communication from their side saying this is what we are doing and why until it's about to drop on us (and we're all looking at each other like WTF?)
    And there's a lack of open discussion (<this being the key word) asking us what we would like to see or change with the devs being in with us on the discussion ( yes I understand that this could get quite out of hand but it would still be nice to see maybe members with a certain amount of infamy or posts in the forum being allowed to have this discussion with the devs)

behumble likes this.
  12. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm kinda sure we can't have quick matchmaking and balance, the problem isn't in designing an algorithm but in matching players

5 million players play this game and it's this quick cause the filtering isn't strong. You add more filters, harder to find players and hence will take longer. Maybe we won't have this issue if we had 5 million players online all the time but that's not the case.

And I know that all of us feel ignored by the devs, it's like they don't care about us and aren't really even listening to or reading anything we whine about but I'm sure that's not really the case

If you don't believe me open a thread badmouthing people and see how soon your post gets deleted lol

The game is fairly new on the global front, the devs have been lashing out update after update constantly in the last 3 months. I'm sure they are simply busy

13. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

Just because a thread gets deleted doesn't mean the developers even know that it was there
    There's administration for those things people who stay at the computers and go through these issues and things not related to actual game development that do not know how to develop games or they are just lackeys In a summer internship

14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They could keep the same matchmaking process just make infamy more tied to how much damage you dish out.

Mamamyers likes this.
  15. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Lol you get em Myers and pacc. It's funny to watch you guys cover each other on the internet (I assume you do the same IRL?)

Mamamyers and Paccdaddy like this.
  16. Joey who

Goals AF

Mamamyers and Paccdaddy like this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Here we go again.

"I win because Im good & the only reason I loose is due to broken and unfair matchmaking".

Soak up the defeats and move on, if you play enough you'll end up where your current ability belongs. Mind you, that might be lower than where your selfperception think you should be ;)

18. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

Technically it varies 24 wins if you're all in the same infamy block but if you fleet up with someone 700 infamy higher than you it jumps up dramatically 50 - 67 infamy when winning. Win I do lose it's usually -23 most of the time. Suggest you fleet up with another "smart" player with 700 infamy more than you to jump in infamy. Tho I suggest if you can out gun unfriends with the current weapons you have then go for it. The last time I did a jump, is when I had a proper fixer in fleet up 500 infamy among 1200 infamy battle. It's hard, just need to play smart (for me long range is preferred).

19. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

You already posted this and deleted this bucco

Mamamyers likes this.
  20. Mamamyers

Loser
    Of course lol my boo
    Tbh tho even if someone else posted this. The whole
    Theres no "i" in team work thing just annoys me. We cant make our team work together of they dont want to. But i can try my best and hope they follow

And a reply to all the new posts. Just imagine how much better 5 fleet matches would make this!