1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

WTF....matching system....so tired of losing!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by mar5hmello, 15 Jul 2017.

1. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

So, I got up to 1530 infamy a few days ago and now down to 1099 without trying to lose on purpose. But how am I supposed to win if I keep getting on teams that have less firepower than the enemys??? It seems like I'm always on the team with less shooters and lower level ships or without a fixer. Check this photo from tonight where I was matched with two people in a fleet that were both 800 to 900 lower in infamy than the rest of our team. Of course, we lost!! I'm so frustrated by losing all the time.

The second screenshot was from last week where one ship on our team was 197 infamy when everyone else was at 1082 or above and the other team had 2 fixers!

Attached Files:

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I had constant losses without 1 win from 2260 to 1730 infamy. It happens, just keep playing to improve your items, don't let it bug you :)

3. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Joey who likes this.
  4. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. In my case, I'm doing top damage with my MK3 Defender, and my teams are literally MK2 shooters, while half the other team are MK3 shooters.Was much better before the new update, in my opinion. I'll add some pictures later on.

5. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

You may feel you are pro now, but you arent.
    Learn your ship, learn the maps, upgrade your weapons, upgrade your captain
    And you will rise

6. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Unfortunately matchmaking can't help in being matched w non team plyrs. I have been on teams where we are outnumbered based on boat grade or they have a strong fixer and we don't yet we still win. You have to play as a team and not every plyr does. The one thing I wish the devs could incorporate in game play is a better comm system instead of a few basic terms to choose from. Keep battling and concentrate on upg your items you'll get there. I've have been hovering in the 1700-1800 range for awhile. Sometimes my teammates fault and sometimes mine for making bad decisions. Plus I'm guildless so that doesn't help find a good guild fleeting is a key component to gaining infamy. Been searching for a guild good with active plyrs my advice is try to find one

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to unlock new playing levels, I almost hit 700 to open a new one, now I'm back in the 200's.
    They should make the matchups so either both teams have a fixer or neither have a fixer.

8. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

You just described my story with the perfect numbers, but now I am almost back at 400 infamy.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2017
  9. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

You down to join humble? minimum requirement is 1k infamy, highest in the guild is 3k, i myself am 2.5k...but aside from infamy we fleet often, chat often, and officers and I keep up on everything to keep the guild active and great :) just request to Join!!! Even if it is full, request and ill find a spot :)

In relation to this post, dont worry about infamy losses at all. Nothing you can do about it at the time. I think the best thing to do is take a break, find a good fleet, or ask for advice on playing, set up, etc.
    For example, I was at 2200, went down to 1400 playing shooter, then stayed for a week trying to get back up.
    Now, a week later i am at 2500! it will balance out

10. disorder

disorder Active Member

Work, work and work.
    Was in the same situation. Between 1500 and 1800. finally i m around 2k now.
    Why ? Just got my mk5 and my 3rd evolution on flaregun. Now i see legend item, so need to upgrade weapon again...
    Game is like this. Always improve your item.

How many battle have you done ? Im aroind 2k fight

11. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I would like to join, need a good guild to learn from

12. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

Sent a req @Blacksailz

13. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

Same thing happens to me all the time! The matchmaking system sucks, it really does. I wish they would change something.

Attached Files:

14. behumble

Hey, saw you join, glad to have you! :)

15. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

They penalize so heavily that people are afraid to play as much as they want to, because of the consequences that come with losing! Something that is 75% out of your control because it's a "team" game.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  16. behumble

I think this game encourages you to play as much as you want to! :)
    One should not not battle because they fear losing, I play as much as I want and have my huge drops in infamy, but i find good fleets and make my way back up
    A lot of it is out of your control, but trying to work together with your team is not.
    We are not perfect players, and even if we were, we would need to improve out gear to get higher infamy
    My advice is to be patient, play however much you want, go in to every battle for a win even if you are frustrated, and most importantly upgrade your gear!
    Good luck

17. disorder

disorder Active Member

True, and stop when i m too much angry, tired...

18. Mariam

Mariam New Member

Look at this... never happened to me before but it looks like I'm paired with some idiots who don't kniw how to teamwork... I was at the infamy of 822 and dropped to 600. It is really unfair how the battles are held and the players are paired. How can a team of Mk3 ships defeat a team of mk4 shooters and with a fixer??? It needs to be fixed.

Attached Files:

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

What is this heavy penalty you are talking about? What consequences?
    You have 2 weeks pr season to peak, it will take a full month to get relegated to a lower division. The only constant between all your games is you, play enough games and you'll end up where you belong.

---
    Matchmaking is not perfect, but it is also not the reason behind most of your losses, nor your infamy development over time. Everyone else is not being spoonfed easy matches, while you guys are being handed "unwinable" matches again and again.

Think about why you lost, consider how you could have won and use those thoughts to improve - I promise that it will take you further than blaming a matchmaking system that works the same for everyone.

20. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

Umm, the concequences of dropping down infamy is pretty obvious, you start getting stuck with people who really suck and it becomes a hassle trying to get back to where you were.
    And Im pretty sure that I know the difference between when losing is my fault or the teams fault, especially when Im dealing out top damage on those losses.
    My gameplay and my ship has not changed, actually i've been slowly upgrading my weapons and shield to level 30 over the past week and yet I've still dropped from 1496 to now 1100 or something. Im the one playing the matches not you. I know that is from bad teammates and/or matchmaking not because I have suddenly started sucking lol, winning doesn't solely depend on me.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2017