1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Speeder HP Nerf -> The Numbers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ian, 12 Jul 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I know that many of you speeders out there aren't too happy with the recent changes, and I myself am a little bummed, but I do not see it as too bad of a thing. Much of the confusion arises from the nerf to mark 4 and mark 5 speeders. However, I do not believe that this nerf is as big a deal as some make it out to be, and I'm here to give you an exact number in hopes that some will be able to see the effect more clearly.
    Remember, the % Changes affect the base health points, so shields get added on afterwards.
    Changes:
    Note: All these numbers are assuming Sinklair is level 10, where the HP Boost Talent is changed from 5-3%. Does not have a very significant impact, but just to let you know.
    Mark 4 Speeder: Loss of 131 HP (Swift level under 21) / Loss of 162 HP (WITH swift level 21)
    Mark 5 Speeder: Loss of 290 HP (Swift level 21-28) / Loss of 415 HP (Swift level 29+)
    Mark 6 Speeder: Loss of 560 HP (Swift level 29+)
    Mark 7 Speeder: Loss of 602 HP (Swift level 29+)
    Losses Will be more significant with shields as overall 10% reduction at max swift!
    Mark 4 Speeder has an almost negligible change. While it is noticeable, it is definitely not going to make or break the ship haha. Mark 5 has a significant loss, but is is justified and not a horrible loss. As you can see, the main change is for mark 6 and up speeders. These ships lose base hp along with the level 29 Swift talent which causes an additional 6% of health lost. I'm assuming you won't reach swift level 29 until late mark 5 or mark 6, but correct me if I'm wrong for I am only a meager mark 4 speeder. ;----) #SpeederMasterRace

As a mark 4, is 150 health really going to make or break your ship? Come on now :)

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
  2. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

You forgot one thing.. as ship's base hp gets lower, the boost shield gives is also reduced so mk 5+ speeders gets way more hp lost than those numbers in total. I counted that my mk 5 speeder will lose with all this (not swift 29) total nearly 500 and when I move to mk 6 it will get up to near 1k hp reduce (when swift talent bonus lost is counted too)

This is huge nerf to be honest unless you decided to use big and standard shield. (I'm not even sure how it was on mk4 so it could be worser than it looks from those calculations)

Oh.. almost forgot.. my hp now as mk 5 is 4182 so about 500 reduce is quite big, you know, and with mk 6 I would barely make it back to 4k hp.

I'm not here to make a sound. Just happened to spot this thread and wanted to share these points as I noticed your lack in that calculation. Thanks and sorry

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
    Ian and D3X like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    What do you mean? Shields have a set amount of increase across all boats no matter the boat's hitpoints. Also, the % from talents only apply to the base HP number of the ships, so shields get added on afterwards. Sorry if I just misunderstood what you were saying.

4. TheRedSpeeder

This is actually wrong, sorry. Talents apply to hp ship has, which includes shields too. It is counted like this: (Base hp + hp crew gaves + hp from shields and perks) x multiplied with % from crew (and perks if there would be those) so as example of my ship: (1950 + 350 + ( (730 + 25 + 200) x 1,40) ) x 1,15 = (2300 + 955 x 1,40) x 1,15 = (2300 + 1337) x 1,15 = 4182 <-- Which is my current hp on speeder.

You can check that out on your hp stats. Just press the hp number on inventory and it shows you from what it is build. Calculate and check it out, please :)
    (Green part is the hp which my shield gives and how it is build. It can be same way by pressing hp amount in shield's window)

EDIT: Sorry for long waiting. I had to check this few times to make it sure ;)
    I don't want to fool you :D

Last edited: 13 Jul 2017
    monobrow and D3X like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Ah you seem to be right, ill make a note in the forum post. I never knew because I don't have any % boosts on my speeder (sinklair lvl 10 used for torpedo), but just checked it wit my fixer haha. Thanks for correcting

6. TheRedSpeeder

Anytime :) Glad to be able to help

Ian likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

My dreams of being a mk4 speeder with 3k hp will be stalled until I upgrade brock some more.

I was at 2814/3000 :(

Ian likes this.