1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Changes on July 14th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 12 Jul 2017.

1. Stebbi

Stebbi Developer

Design Lead
    Hi there!

We are putting some balancing changes live on Friday (July 14.) and I wanted to give you a heads up and also explain the reasons for these changes.

Repair Items buff
    • Duct Tape: +9% repair amount
    • Repair Bolt: +10% repair amount, -10% cooldown
    • Repair Bolt is also changed from a 2 slot to a 1 slot item
    The two main reasons for the recent repair item changes were these:
    1. Make Fixers less powerful (they were clearly overperforming, with Mk5 Fixers performing more like Mk6 of other classes)
    2. See more variety in Fixer items (Repair Pulse was and still is by far the most popular repair item)
    What we have seen so far indicates that Fixers are now closer to the other classes in power level, but the variety is not there. Repair Pulse still dominates the green slots and the "single ship" repair items are nowhere to be seen. We're hoping that this change makes them more viable.

Speeder hitpoints nerf
    • Speeder hitpoint talents reduced
      • Swift lvl 21: From 5% to 3%
      • Swift lvl 29: From 10% to 4%
      • Sinklair lvl 10: From 5% to 3%
    • Speeder base hitpoints are reduced
      • Speeder mk 4: From 1400 to 1300 (-100)
      • Speeder mk 5: From 1950 to 1750 (-200)
      • Speeder mk 6: From 2300 to 2000 (-300)
      • Speeder mk 7: From 2610 to 2300 (-310)
    There has to be a tradeoff when it comes to speed and hitpoints and we don't feel like this is the case when it comes to Speeders.
    Speeders have access to too many hitpoints at the higher levels. The problem is magnified by the fact that Shield items add to a ships base hitpoints and are therefore additionally boosted by all crew talents that increase the ships hitpoints.
    This change brings the Speeder specific hitpoint multiplier talents from a total of 20% down to 10%. For comparison, the total Enforcer specific hitpoint multiplier talents are also 10%.

Frost Launcher buff
    • Frost Launcher: -17% cooldown, -14% flight time
    The frost launcher has been under-used and under-performing for a long time so it deserves a little bit of balancing love.

Missiles nerf
    • Missiles: +15% cooldown, +20% flight time
    Missiles are way too efficient at the moment, with lower cooldown than all the other 2 slot weapons and a short flight time that makes them virtually impossible to dodge. These changes should make it a more balanced weapon when compared to others.

until next time,
    -Stebbi
    UPDATE: changes are live right now!

Last edited: 14 Jul 2017
  2. The War Net

The War Net Member

Love It. Still want to see a Sniper Cannon change to make it a 2 slot item. And max the critical chance at 25%.

3. Bobbafed99

Bobbafed99 Active Member

Well, there goes my Sniper and Missile Launcher setup on my enforcer. rip.

4. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

In behalf of all Speeders. Ouch :( Double nerf within a month

5. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Great !
    Another nerf !
    WOOHOO !! THANK YOU DEVS ! We so NEED them, AGAIN ! /s

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jul 2017
  6. Star.Nova

Star.Nova Member

Nice job devs

KilleWh4le and Kitterini like this.
  7. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Not loving the speeder nerf but hey, makes since...seen alot of mk6s and 7s with 6k+ hp lol. Nice changes guys ty!

8. JakeGamingFTW

JakeGamingFTW New Member

RIP speeders are even shitter now, ehh good for repair bolt though

9. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

A speeder in the right hands is no were close to shitty

10. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

I always wondered...
    ...why top 50 is all yellow boats, some Fixers and Shooters and the couple of Defenders there are just boats with exaggerated loadout (a chinese guy had a level 2 legendary)?
    When is gonna Defender get some buff?

11. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

Will Missile Launcher still be good after this? Was thinking of trying them out. This new info has me reconsidering.

13rafdav likes this.
  12. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Although I am going using speeder nerf is cool. More speed would be nice for speeder since it is too slow and gets slower each level.

13. Anand Vamshi

Anand Vamshi New Member

Please Dont Change Of The Speeder... already its Having Low Hitpoints N Dieing Early.... pls...

And Alternatively Provide More Pearls On Shop And By Winning Match U Developers Must Give 3 Pearls Just For Battle N Bonus Will be Added Reduce Sugars N Increase The Pearls Pleasee.... admin

Hella2Much likes this.
  14. Bobbafed99

Bobbafed99 Active Member

To be fair, that nerf was needed...!
    Speeders are not supposed to be defenders with 6k+ health, and the missiles were a bit strong.... ( even tho I used them :( )
    Great seeing healers coming back in the game, but be aware that too much healing power can make the old "Undefeateble fixer" come back

Ian likes this.
  15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Seems to me the speed change only makes sense, it's the only item that makes circles on the ground but is unavoidable anyway because it hits so quickly after the circles appear that you get no chance to dodge. I'm not sure about the cooldown.

16. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

a 5000 speeder VS a 16000 defender.
    A 5000 speeder VS a 13000 shooter.
    Keep in mind the 4sec of NO speed for OB.

Woohooo !!

SiRHoT, Hella2Much, Ultrah and 8 others like this.
  17. B2B

B2B New Member

Why would making a starter weapon 2 slot be a good idea? Your suggestion seems like a personal opinion.

18. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Because he is a wuss !

19. Romario

Romario New Member

Speeder com muitos pontos de vida? Ta virando lixo esse jogo

20. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I hope the devs are taking into account the time it takes to change items. Like, since the previous fixer changes (pulse nerf, addition of bolt) I haven't even obtained a rare duct tape yet, and got only 1 rare bolt. You can't expect quick meta changes to item usage in a game where it takes forever to obtain and upgrade items. I think it takes at least another month before we could really see the effect of these changes.