1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter Ship tips

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sarleon, 9 May 2017.

1. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

I understand now that you need to focus on one ship. I am not the one who wants to be fast but the defender is too slow, for my opinion. I am not the support guy so the shooter ship is my favourite. It's a ship between the speeder and defender and I love the 2 weapons slot. I'm going for this ship but maybe in the future for the defender too. With the speeder I'm death before I reach the enemy lol because I don't take the benefits of his speed :p ..
    Can someone give me a tip for my next weapon. I use the Cannon and Sniper Cannon. I'm LVL 9 so almost MK2. I'm thinking which weapon I can combine with the 2 cannons I have. Can someone give me tips? Thanks (y)

2. Garrett42

Garrett42 New Member

I have just recently upgraded to mk2. Right now I have 2 regular cannons equipped along with a sniper cannon. I have tried napalm instead of the sniper which was pretty nice. I have also tried a long range mortar and big berta. I feel like using a launcher takes too much time and distracts me from using my 2 cannons effectively. That's why I switched to another sniper cannon. But it's anybody's personal preference what they like to use. So my advice would be try different things and see what works best for you.

3. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Yeah, I'm a fighter who likes to blast very often so the Cannon and Sniper are good for me. However, I miss a weapon with insane damage so I'm thinking about Big Berta, Blast Cannon or Grenade. I used Mortar but it's not my weapon. I struggle with the shooting because you have to time it right. Sometimes I miss and sometimes I hit a roof lol. It takes time and its not good in combining with cannon or sniper for me!

4. Garrett42

Garrett42 New Member

I like big berta somewhat. Grenade has a little too short of range for me.

5. Captain Wiz

Captain Wiz New Member

I use a cannon, blast cannon, rail gun works perfectly for me. I broke two defenders with these weapons.

Sarleon likes this.
  6. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Yeah the Rail gun is a great and massive weapon but if you miss it's a shame because CD is very long!

7. Lookas

Lookas Member

I recently upgraded to mk.2 shooter because Defender mk2 i available just at lvl 11.
    I am currently using cannon,sniper and napalm.I also want to try with torpedo,railgun,blast cannon,carronade?also thinking about an extra cannon(instead of napalm)
    Also missile launcher sounds very good for me

8. Mason Killz

Mason Killz New Member

For the shooter ship i use Sniper Cannon & Blast Cannon with Turbo i just recently evolved my both Sniper & Blast cannon

9. Spunj

Spunj New Member

Tri-torps, cannon, and then I mix between grenade, mortar, and sniper. Right now it's mortar, because there is that certain map where more trajectory is better, and the damage and dps are great.
    Shooter is my second favorite ship. I like the firepower, but I'm with pr0thos - Defender is my ride. I have SO MANY hit points, and if a fixer is anywhere near me, then can just park next to me and we go ballin.

Robinov likes this.
  10. Mason Killz

Mason Killz New Member

The shooter ship health is also low thats the only thing i dont like the Defender ship can take it out in 3 shots

11. Spunj

Spunj New Member

@Mason Killz At MK2, you can get insane shield strength. My HP on a D MK2 is over 2k, and my shields aren't maxed.

12. Spunj

Spunj New Member

13. Lookas

Lookas Member

Same,I mostly play defender with cannon and sniper.
    Right now I'm still lvl 10 and I can't upgrade my Defender at mk.2 ,so I upgraded Shooter to mk.2 bcs it's funny to play with 3 weps

14. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Defender is very slow. in the future, I'm going for the Enforcer. Cannon and Sniper are two solid and fast shooters. When I'm MK2, I will choose Big Berta or Missiles to have a weapon with massive damage!

15. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend using missiles or big berta in enforcer mk2 because then you don't have enough room for 2nd weapon. I think total slots in mk3 enforcer is 3 slots (2 weapons total) so it might be better to take another of those not earlier than mk3 enforcer. In shooter mk2 or 3 those will do great.
    (Sorry if I confused you in that other thread earlier today)

16. Lookas

Lookas Member

Missiles aren't actually a high-damage weapon.Common ones deal 43 (i think) x 3 damage,in a relative wide angle,so mostly you won't hit the same person with each on.

Sarleon likes this.
  17. TheRedSpeeder

Missiles are actually really high damage (and very long range weapon) if you have rare (or higher rarity) at least tier 3 and you know how to use those. You can add power to those by training blastian (I think) and that crew member can also give 2 times 1 extra projectile to missiles so in the end it will have 5 missiles total and dealing (rare tier 3) dmg of 200-300 per projectile (depending on crew talents)

Last edited: 9 May 2017
    Lookas likes this.
  18. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

I'm sorry to confuse you but I will use one of these 2 for my MK2 shooter :)
    Shooter set up for MK2 will be: Cannon, Sniper and Big Berta I guess.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  19. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Thanks for the advice. For my shooter I will use Big Berta or Blast cannon as a 3rd weapon:) for enforcer I will use cannon in the beginning and a sniper or grenade as 2nd weapon.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  20. TheRedSpeeder

That's good :) I thought you misunderstood me in the first place so I just wanted to make sure you got it right, like you clearly did :D

Sarleon likes this.