1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

IM ASKING WHAT SHOULD I USE ON FIXER FOR BLUE SLOT???

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by POTANATOR, 19 Jun 2017.

?

WHAT SHOULD I USE ON FIXER FOR BLUE SLOT???

1. TURBO

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. SHIELD

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. GEAR LUBE

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. RUDDER

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. BANDAGE

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. POTANATOR

POTANATOR New Member

WHAT SHOULD I USE ON FIXER FOR BLUE SLOT???

2. BreakfastTrooper

BreakfastTrooper New Member

Either Turbo or Shield, cause theyll aid in you in survivability and/or helps you stay on the field longer with HP or speed, which means you can heal your allies more often.
    Since Fixer isn't really meant for attacking, Gear Lube/Rudder wouldn't be that much of use, although you could turn your ship to allies faster or you can aim with your Heal Box Launcher faster...
    Bandage heals real slow, so you shouldn't rely on it too much for the health regeneration.

Battle Bay Scrub and Talzi like this.
  3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Turbo.
    Once you open a 2nd blue slot then add a small shield.

4. Sir Fix-a-Lot

Sir Fix-a-Lot Member

Everyone is agreement Turbo > Shield > Everything else

5. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Dude... please stop with the caps lock. Every one of your posts is in all caps, and so is the title.

David Bonaparte likes this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Should he use turbo + shield...

Or TURBO + SHIELD

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    With the pulse nerf, the bandage becomes more viable. I personaly use a rare lube, so I can swing around and drop boxes very easly.

8. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

With all the shield talk, it bears pointing out that a good bandage will outperform a good shield in most games. Since we can now see self-healing stats in the battle logs, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that my lvl 10 epic bandage was outperforming my level 30 rare shield, even with a +100 rare perk and some good Brock training.

Scrapped all my shields since they're never going to get up at or over 1000 hp, which my bandage has done in some fights.

Now if I could only get a duplicate.....

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Shields are important when you are in danger of being one/two shotted and the target for focus fire and speeder zergs. A slow heal over time does little good if you cannot survive quick hits. This is certainly an issue as you progress.

Turbo and Shield for me.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Katto

Katto New Member

I had been using epic bandage as one of my blue slots, but recently switched to turbo and shield. Tell me if I'm off base here, but I think bandage can be critical for a fixer. I can't protect myself much with weapons...and even with turbo I'm painfully slow and an easy target. When I take damage I'd rather not have to think about healing myself as much so I can focus on trying to heal my damn ungrateful team.

11. Admiral DrkRealm

Admiral DrkRealm Member

Epic bandage at base level produces 288hp per minute. Rare Repair Box Launcher at base level produces roughly half that every 10.6 seconds. At L10, it produces around 275hp every 10.6 seconds.

Granted, I'm only a Mk3 fixer, but Turbo seems a far better use for the blue slot, especially as my team tends to separate over the battle, and shuttling between them becomes the game. If you can time your cooldowns, you'll easily self-heal with boxes between teammates for far more hp than bandage can provide.

TLDR: Fixers shouldn't be using bandages, imo. :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Katto

Katto New Member

I know, that's the standard opinion, lol but I guess I'm just eccentric. I agree that the rest of our teams are all too happy to split, making it a difficult chore to keep up, but if I can't keep myself alive who will keep those bozos alive when I'm gone?? If they're going to split I'm either sticking with the better bet, or I'm hiding behind something and dropping repairs where I can. I guess I just FEEL that turbo is a waste sometimes...it's just SEEMS slow, but I have no actual research or evidence to back me up lol

Admiral DrkRealm likes this.
  13. Katto

Katto New Member

I guess I should let your calculations speak for themselves and just drop a repair box for myself...but I'm telling you, it's a crap shoot. Half the time my team is flying around so fast that I can't even catch up to drop a box on their head, and the other times we're sitting so still that I'm building a castle with them.

14. Admiral DrkRealm

Admiral DrkRealm Member

I'm dropping repair boxes every time it's off cooldown, as often as I possibly can. There's usually several I can use myself. :)

15. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

My preference dare I say would be a Turbo + Rudder. :eek:

The Turbo is self explanatory but the rudder I find beneficial for the evasion purposes. When the mortars fall, even in the fringes of a mortar ring I'm taking towards 400 give or take damage. If I can avoid one or two hits because I turn faster, the saving is already more valuable than the shield and I don't have to fret as much about dropping boxes for my selfish self.. Now just to actually get a turbo....