1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me break this losing streak!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by scorpxs, 8 Jul 2017.

1. scorpxs

scorpxs New Member

hey guys, I've been in a terrible losing streak dropping from 1460 infamy down to almost 1k. Please evaluate what I have and advise. Am I missing something?? What would you do?

Attached Files:

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Use that level 20 big torpedo :D

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Was gonna say that. I got an 11
    Just need to get the hang of it

4. Joey who

I prefer swift torpedo. 9.5 cooldown and more accuracy :) My favorite weapon in Battle Bay.

5. Mamamyers

Loser
    Yea my bf crushes people with his. His is epic t2

6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    a very useful tactic I found is to take a break from the game. Not only to "calm down" but to let the players online switch around. Many times you lose because you keep getting paired with teammates who don't really know what they're doing. If you take a break and come on a little later then you an play with different and perhaps better players.

Tmfh67401 and JustinBeaver like this.
  7. scorpxs

scorpxs New Member

Yeah I do use it, though I've found that my real usage dps isn't great. When it hits, it hits like a truck! But hitting consistently just doesn't happen.

I've been in a slow decline, and can't seem to get back up there in infamy over the past 5 days. Does my current loadout look ok? Should I ditch the common sniper and only focus on the rare? Rare missiles?

8. Joey who

Jelly asf. I'd go ham with a tier 2 epic swift torp

9. Joey who

Practice makes perfect :D

Also helps to watch some videos which helps you time your shot on moving enemies

10. ranggawiratno

ranggawiratno Member

Usually if I'm in a losing streak (2-3 consecutive losses) , I exit the game, kill some people in GTA V out of rage, then play again.

Also try different setups and try not to be the first one charging, analyze how your team mates play. And try changing ships, my preferred one is a Defender, cuz if you live longer, you do more damage. Especially with area damage weapons.

There are also lots of good video tips online from Porthos and GenkiGamer. Really helped me shooting down Speeders.

Mamamyers likes this.
  11. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just get teamed up with retards, nothing you can do about that. But I would suggest to swap that bandage with a shield. The position of a shooter in a battle is in the middle of the action. A bandage has no place in the middle of all the action. A bandage will only help a shooter out if you're a camper.

JustinBeaver and ranggawiratno like this.
  12. Joey who

Yea, IMO bandage is only good for speeders and defenders.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  13. Mamamyers

Loser
    Lmaoo sameeee
    I switch on and off to that everyday

14. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

You're going to win about 50% of your games no matter what you do. If you lose five in a row today, you will win five in a row tomorrow.

Just be patient and don't try to get hung up in infamy. Don't spend money to try and level up quicker, because the same thing will happen.

At the end of each day/week/month you will always win about 50% of your games no matter what you equip.

Dez Lew likes this.
  15. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Ehhhhhhhh not quite. Sometimes this applies but not most of the time. If you have better weapons you will do better than if you had weaker weapons. The more experience the higher you go up in infamy. Sometimes you get stuck in a place where you can't get anywhere. But changing your tactics, upgrading your weapons, and playing more games WILL let you go higher in infamy

16. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

Same this happened to me this week, swear it was after the season ended suddenly Im losing majority of my battles. Match ups with the worst teams ever, dropped from 1400+ to 1k now and everyday it's been the same, no progress. Only thing I can say about your setup is to try and upgrade that rare sniper, even a tier 2 rare sniper will have more damage than that uncommon one.

17. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

And like others are saying, get at least a rare shield it'll help way better than bandage.

18. scorpxs

scorpxs New Member

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll ditch the bandage. I was just trying it out to see if it was more effective that my epic big shield. I'll switch back to that and upgrade it to 10 over the next few days. Then switch over to the rare sniper and get it upgraded.

Dez Lew likes this.
  19. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Or at some point you just have reached the limit of your current ship and can't go any further untill you can finally level up your ship.
    It's no fun at all being the only mk4 shooter in matched with only mk5 and mk6 ships. And everyone also got stronger weapons than you. I think that would be the limit as far as experience goes. I'd love to lvl my shooter to mk5, but that's just impossible at lvl 26. No matter how much I play, I don't think I'll ever get higher without getting a better ship and weapons first.

Dez Lew likes this.
  20. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

My point is that no matter what you equip, you will win about 50% of the time. Yes, he can equip that epic torpedo and probably roll off five wins in a row, thus finding his new "normal" infamy range. But it's all within 3-400 points, so what's the difference?

At the end of the day, you will move up and platuea as you said, so what's the point? It will happen organically as you update weapons and ships.

But the point is no matter what he equips, he is going to win about 50% of the time.

That's why it makes no sense to me the people who spend money on this game. Spend $1k USD to be at top infamy levels and win 50% of your games, or spend no money and win 50% of your games.