1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cells

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by AndyAshton, 6 Apr 2017.

Tags:
  1. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

Carry on previous forum about "power cells". The scarcity of high end power cells (rare, epic) is a problem for most players for evolving items. I know it can be attained from scarpping items, buying epic container and opening free boxes. But chances are extremely low.

Im suggesting for the next update, players would be able to trade low ends cells for higher ones. For example, 50 uncommon cells can convert to 1 rare cell. 20 rare for 1 epic and so on.

Thank you. Im just sharig my thought.

MizRed, TheRedSpeeder and Jammo like this.
  2. Memorize

Memorize Member

I'm love the idea too Devs please reconsider about it. Epic items now day it's really hard to obtain now days, how many Epics rares(low chances) uncommons (extreme low chances) and common (extreme low chances) that I'm have to scrap to obtain exsample 40 power cell it would take a lot of times. These take out a chance to try new Epic equipment instead using for scrap to gain power cell.which mean you have to chose either to evolve or equip them and just wish to get new Epic for scrap.
    After updates till today mine only obtain 17 Epic power cell even I'm scrap every days all of items from free crate star crate and 2 Epic containers that's shown how hard to get Epic power cell. All of this just to point out that Epic power cell extremely hard to obtain. (I'm new player don't even have a chance to stock Epic items before updates)
    I'm really do love to play this game hopefully there will be a solution for these in near future.
    ''This is just my feedback from trying to obtain power cell thank you.''

MizRed and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  3. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

Yes epic cells are hard to come by. An improvement for power cells is coming. Epics are in fact a little easier to come by than before through epic pieces from many different places, but the regularity is something we are not happy with yet either.

Stay tuned, improvements are coming.

4. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

I put up a little guide on a somewhat hidden an not obvious feature that helps in getting power cells more easily: Power Cells - Tip

MizRed, P0rthos, Brizo and 1 other person like this.
  5. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

6. Memorize

Memorize Member

7. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Getting one powercell after a huge trade when you need two hundred more (at least) still sounds ridiculous to me. And I won't buy few lowsy epic parts for way over 400k gold, neither. I'm beating a dead horse but it was much easier and faster to lvl up in the old version. I would have my T2 and T3 items almost at their full power by now. How about this.... To be able to scrap your boats for parts and powercells :D ?

8. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    You devs have truely redefined the freemium grind. I do not mean this as a compliment. Has anyone done the maths to figure out how much sugar is needed to evolve an uncommon item? (presuming of course you were lucky enough for rngesus to drop the same item again for the evolve)

9. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I just evolved a few to t3. Didn't notice how much sugar, but wasn't really noticeable. Maybe a couple hundred thousand. I got the items for free, and when I scrap them I'll get back about half the resources I spent to build them (except sugar which we get plenty of from battles now), plus a bonus of higher rarity stuff too like epic cores. Well worth the effort.

However, scrapping t2 uncommons is almost never ever worth it. Either evolve to t3 or scrap at lvl 1.

Scrapping t2 rares is also awesome sauce. Never scrap a t1. Always level it up to 11 before u scrap.

10. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    How many rare cores did you get from the T3 uncommon scrap? Secondly, are you hoarding uncommons until you get multiples or upgrading everything and crossing your fingers for the drop?

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We have, it's actually less than before, and you also get more sugar than before. Have YOU done the math? :)

12. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    In your haste to be smug, you missed the point there @Miika

I'm asking how much sugar is required to evolve an uncommon item to get materials (power cells) for a rare item.

Power cells are an additonal costly material to upgrade items that did not exist in the previous version.

It used to be buy items with gold, fuse with sugar and wait for duplicate item to evolve.

Now it's -> buy parts with gold, fuse with sugar, wait for duplicate rare item AND buy parts with gold, fuse with sugar, wait for duplicate uncommon item to evolve, scrap evolved uncommon item for rare power cells -> to evolve rare item.

Summary: So now, we spend (a little less as you claim) sugar and gold to ugrade a rare item 10 levels. Then, we need to ugrade multiple uncommon items 10 levels with (a little less as you claim) sugar and gold to evolve and scrap for power cells...

How much in gold, sugar and time do those TWO processes add up to in order to evolve a rare item (compared to the previous version)? I am going to estimate with some certainty ALOT more than previously... until you prove to me otherwise @Miika

Last edited: 12 Apr 2017
  13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Sorry if I sounded smug, that is never my intention. I just want to correct wrong information as quickly and clearly as possible because otherwise people start repeating them as a fact.

It is a fact that level up item takes now considerably less sugar than in 2.0 update, and at the same time we have increased the sugar rewards quite a lot in the recent sugar balancing update.

You are not forced to upgrade other items to progress. It is just something extra you can do if you have some extra sugar and lower rarity materials you want to convert to higher rarity materials. Even without doing that you still do get the higher rarity materials from scraping level 1 items directly, the probability is just just smaller.

14. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I agree @Miika i got more and more sugar after the sugar balance now :)

15. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    What other alternatives are there to use the lower rarity materials then?

16. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Sugar cost for upgrading items now is lower... BUTTTT... overall cost is actually steeper if you consider the gold you spend on buying parts plus the gold/sugar you spend evolving/upgrading common/uncommons/and sometimes rares for the chance to get the necessary power cells. heck, you used to be able to buy a full item for 1,385,000 gold, now, you only got 60 epic parts for that amount of gold. and getting power cells is totally RNG so if you're unlucky, you're gonna have to grind endlessly just to upgrade one level for your epics and i can't imagine how hard it is to upgrade legendaries.

right now, all my best weapons are stuck at T4 primarily because i can't get a hold of the evo1 duplicates that are required AND i'm short on power cells. in the old version, i could simultaneously (slowly but surely) upgrade my main weapons and steadily build on other items that i want to use in the future (my fixer build is on indefinite hold since i have to pool all my resources to upgrade my shooter). the scarcity of parts and cells plus the high requirements make it harder to upgrade multiple items.

Conclusion, the current upgrade system is flawed and definitely frustrating. even if you're willing to shell out cash for pearls, there are still no guarantees of a quick upgrade because everything you can buy with pearls is totally up to chance.

17. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

if somebody is interestet: i did the math and a epic power cell costs about ~370k gold and ~198k sugar +0,5 Rare item (you get back 5/10 pieces + 1 rare item) if you would buy all stuff needed from the shop and evolve a rare item to t2 than scrap it. maybe i forgot the 5 rare power cells? don't remember correctly but i think i included them. (if somebody wants more, i got screens from every step, pm me)

Last edited: 13 Apr 2017
    AndyAshton likes this.
  18. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    I'll be doing the same soon. I want to find out exactly how many materials this new system requires to upgrade a rare item from level 1 to 11. That includes figuring out how much a rare power cell costs using the uncommon evolution scrap method and factoring that into overall cost.

I know the game also offers you the chance to buy rare power cells with pearls when you don't have enough to evolve (but have enough gold, the duplicate and the correct crew level). If anyone has this figure available, can they post below or PM me.

Or the devs could post a table with the gold/sugar/parts/cell amounts. In the interests of transparency.

MizRed and Shekelsteen like this.
  19. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I'm still leveling up a few things for a vid, but soon I will do a scrapping vid with all the tips and tricks I know soon. :)

MizRed and Splash0rboy3000 like this.
  20. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    @P0rthos

Here's a quick calculation for the gold value of one rare power cell based on scrapping a level 1 rare item (see picture for reference):
    20170413_230609.png
    1 Rare Power Cell = (cost of rare item) - (cost of 132 rare parts) - (cost of 1 rare piece)

1 Rare Power Cell = (620,000) - ((194,000รท100) x (132)) - (62,000)

1 Rare Power Cell = (620,000) - (256,080) - (62,000)

1 Rare Power Cell = 301,920 gold

Now, I have a rare level 20 swift torpedo that requires 20 rare power cells to evolve. That is the equivalent extra cost of 6,038,400 gold for evolution in BB v2.0 that didn't exist in v1.0

For those that hate the freemium industry...
    In terms of real money cost of ONLY power cells to make the above lvl20 to lvl21 rare evolution example:
    6,038,400 gold = 4832 pearls = $33.78 Australian dollars = $25.63 US dollars

Gold to pearls calculated using the 20% shop discount. Pearls to real money using the 100 pearls per day for 10 days diver price.

Keep in mind that doesn't include the gold, sugar and power cell costs to get the item through the previous 20 levels! Adding all the costs up, a level 21 rare item is probably worth hundreds of dollars :mad:

Last edited: 15 Apr 2017
    Shekelsteen and Brizo like this.