1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

...Carronade kinda sucks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rivet, 6 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

I mean I was pretty excited. I love the idea of the carronade, and so I bought it as a *rare for 750k gold. Yay!
    But as I tried it out for the first time on my ship, I was really confused. Why did it only do 20 damage? Did I have to be closer? Then it hit me. Like a building. The armor/defence blocks damage for each of the shots. I know pretty much 80% of people here knew this, but I came along with the global launch, and didn't use the speeder until recently. So If I want to do any damage worth considering, I would have to have an extremely high level carronade. So why would you go through the trouble? The normal cannon is better in every. single. way.... except the sliding down effect, etc.
    I feel like the carronade need a to be changed. I mean sure it is a problem in the higher infamy areas, where people have more armor, but to be a problem down here at 1500 infamy, where people have only 20-30 armor is infuriating. If they did change this, I would understand the damage having to be changed a little, but still... Carronades are already so rare. They need some love too. #CarronadeLove

P..s: I know the speeder, fixer, and enforcer don't have as much armor, but it's weird having it work 60% of the time, and not work 40%. :'(

Last edited: 6 Jul 2017
  2. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

It's best if you don't buy rare weapons in the shop. 750k is a pretty absurd amount for a rare considering you get at least 2 free rares every week (Weekly chest and battle rewards). I agree that carronade might need some more love, but you can see it at higher levels a lot. btw an epic is purple

3. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this. If you want to use a rare weapon (say rare blast cannon for example) it is best to buy one first. That way if you get more of them, you can upgrade it to higher tiers. Without buying one, I might never have a T3 rare blast cannon.

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Carronade is one of those weapons that start off very weak, but build up to one of the most powerful weapons. With the Captain level (Swift) at a high level and with all the Carronade skills, it quickly becomes very strong. With T5 Rare, T5 Epic or Legendary, it can deal frightening damage (150+ damage per shot X 7) and slows down the player dramatically, and with a 5sec cooldown with perks, it basically destroys.

Miathan and Rivet like this.
  5. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

So should I wait until I get an epic carronade, and work on leveling that later on?

6. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Well recently I've been playing the game a lot, maybe three hours straight everyday. I can usually get at least half a million gold. As for epics being purple... Shh--you never saw anything ;)

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You can start collecting Rares. Epics will take a long time to find or a lot of Epic chest / Crate purchases... Rare's at max level are still very strong and viable.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2017
  8. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

i see might consider using one though but its like a shotgun better to be on a point blank range to ensure all projectile hit haven't realize this one

150+ damage per shot X 7

i have a caronade before on a defender you need to be really close

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Chompers likes this.