1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In-Battle Communication Susguestions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TVNPryde, 3 Jul 2017.

1. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I have read many suggestions for improving in-battle communications but not a thread for it for the devs so this is one.

First of all, I like to give my status as a players so my suggestions might only apply to my skill level. Peaked out at 1307 infamy and currently around 1200. 3 MK4s and 2 MK3s. That said, let get started.

1) Have 2 buttons on the left side for custom chat but not from input from the users. The users get to select from a list of chat options they want to use during battle. Just like the chat right now, clicking on the button will give you additional 2-3 options to chat. Since the chat option now is adequate, we only need the button for more specific commands.
    - One of the button will be ship base. For example, a speeder can have to option to say "Flanking" at the start to let friendlies know to get in position. Others can helps with the addition options here.
    - One general button for helping with the role and assisting during battle. Some examples: "Leading" to take the lead, "Wait", "Stay Back <Player>", "Help <Player>, etc. More suggestions from posters here. Regarding the "player" in the chat, read below.

2) Allow the users to click on the battlers on top of the screen before chat. This allow to chat to/about a specific player in chat. This way, we can tell a friend to stay back if low on health. Or you can tell them you're taking the front line since they already absorbed some damages and tell the fixer (if any) to heal that player. Again, some help with suggestions here.

I also like to have suggestions for the list of chat options for each boat. I'll update it here for each boat. (I'll be out of town next day and half so it might take longer to update meanwhile.)

Shooter
    -

Speeder
    - Flanking
    -

Enforcer
    -

Defender
    -

Fixer
    - Helping <Player>

General Chat Button Options
    - Leading
    - Follow Me
    - Fall Back
    - Regroup
    - Watch out!
    - Wait

Last edited: 5 Jul 2017
    NightXO, Terminator 3.4x and Rivet like this.
  2. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I'd like a bigger selection or even custom ones, though that could pose a problem.

"Follow Me" would be the first one I'd add

"Fall Back" would be another

"Regroup" would be a good one

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  3. TVNPryde

I am assuming this is for the General chat group since those sound like talking to everyone.

4. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    No, they sound like in-game commands. Why would you say those in General Chat?

5. TVNPryde

I mean in the 2 groups of buttons. Which of those buttons are the command belong to. This thread is about in-game chat.

6. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    They would use one button that would fly out a menu that you could tap. It could hold a series of commands. I design apps for a living.

7. TVNPryde

We already have one in-game like that. Another one will crowded the screen. Small buttons with small options for quick communication.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'm all in for a "Watch out!" button

The Otherguy and ThatOnion like this.
  9. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Lol, you don't DESIGN apps you "tailor UI". That's pretty different from designing apps

Also i'd like to see a "INCOMING" options for early game torps mines, SPEEDERS, etc

10. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You make the least used button a multi-function menu button. Maybe SOS becomes a button with a menu.

11. GoGoPop

GoGoPop New Member

Why does everyone take shots at American Marauder? Every thread someone tries to pick a fight lmao. Well maybe not in my thread but geez. You kill these people in game? They jealous?

aKifer likes this.
  12. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You noticed that too? :)

13. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You "tailor apps"? Really. I didn't know that. See the thing is, I've "designed" apps for Disney, Microsoft (including XBOX), HP, Intel, Yahoo!, Target, NFL, Warner Bros., Electronic Arts, Atari, Activision, Capcom, THQ , Bank of America and many others. Microsoft Press wanted me to author a book. I turned them down. So i'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

14. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    That's not what I do, it's what you changed from your post "To the devs, regarding infamy". I can quote you on it: "My real world job is to tailor user experiences for the UI design studio i own. So i know this could be done in a better way - a way that still awards points as a team, but adjusts to compensate based on merit. That's all i'm saying."

Last edited: 4 Jul 2017
  15. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    What i said was i tailor user experiences. How the user interacts with the apps. But you don't say you tailor apps, you design them. The user experience is one part of designing an app. Look you can argue with me all day, but the bottom line is i've been designing apps for 19 years for some of the world's biggest companies. Take from that what you will.

16. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Hmm... sounds useful! The stay back button sounds extremely useful for fixers haha

17. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Guys, bring it somewhere else...

I would love the "fall back <player>" option and I would also like to point positions in the map, easily achievabke with the clock system (e.g. 12 for top of the map)

18. Terminator 3.4x

Terminator 3.4x New Member

I would like to have 'WAIT'[player] button and WATCH OUT options.

19. TVNPryde

I think "Fall Back" is good enough. If you don't know you're the one they talking about, adding that player name doesn't help that player either.

I don't think "Watch Out" during battle helps that much. If you see a bunch of torpedos going in your direction, you should already know that.

20. Terminator 3.4x

Terminator 3.4x New Member

In case of mines and opponents attacking from back i feel watch out will be useful.

The Otherguy likes this.