1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you prefer in the next patch/update?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by GGodHand, 3 Jul 2017.

?

What would you prefer in the next patch/update?

1. More Balance and Bug Fixes

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. New Maps and Guild Wars

31 vote(s)
    54.4%
  3. New Game Mode(s)

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

Personally I would like new maps and guild wars. What do you guys think?

RAJOAN REDOY and Mamamyers like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

New game modes. And hopefully a really, really big nerf for big torpedo.

3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Revamp / tuning of existing progression system.
    There are too many paywalls today that are stopping progression, particularly for casuals.

I.e
    Resource farming (gold, sugar)
    Captain level
    The RNG of items (4 types, X different types)

But most of all... levelling said items..i.e getting duplicates

without progression from the bottom up, the game dies, period.

Just rethink item levelling, at least make it possible for someone with the time or money (whos not a billionaire) to progress in the epic + level please.

RAJOAN REDOY, D3X and TheEpicWarlord like this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Flare gun nerf.

Big torp's splash nerfed by 70% when hitting a boat so when you are standing by a teammate who loves catching torpedoes the splash only does 30% damage to you but 100% to him.

Explosive cannon bug fix when you are above a wave and hit an enemy under you directly and they take no damage.

Fixer brought back to life.

Explosive cannon faster projectiles.

Napalm range increased.

Ballpark mortar faster projectiles or removed from the game it's has almost no hope.

Railgun getting more of a curve to it's shots (like the blast cannon) so it stops hitting waves. (For a 22 sec cooldown weapon it should be more accurate.)

And most importantly; Our badges back on our profiles...

Just a few :)

Xenon03 likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

In no particular order:

- More game modes (Guild wars is a game mode!). Something else to do.
    - A look at epic progression for f2p & lower spenders - 4years till lvl 50 is bonkers for the 2nd highest rarity item.
    - Balance changes with a focus on end game.

Xenon03, RAJOAN REDOY and D3X like this.
  6. hiopnet

hiopnet New Member

less Net data
    less Battery consumption

behumble likes this.
  7. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Progression balancing - shop,gold, item, duplicates etc.

8. BEN

BEN Active Member

Change the mechanics of burn/fire effect. (Flare gun, Fire bomb)

It already ignores the targets defense. And on top of that you get bonus damage for all types of cannons. Those 2 things are good but letting the burn/fire effect stack is just too much. I mean if you were already burning I dont think its possible to add more fire to you specially if youre already up in flames. LOL. If frost cant be stacked and the game has a limit to how much you can slow a target then I think it should be similar for fire. If the target is constantly being hit with flare gun or fire bomb, then the duration and damage should be from the most recent or stronger hit. Napalm on the other hand should not be affected by this since it is on the ground.

Also, there are 3 different types of negative status that you can afflict to targets (Burn, Frost, Stun). I think one effect should cancel out the other. It doesnt make sense to be burned and frosted at the same time. For stun if you get hit then the effect stops, so if you get hit by a flare gun or fire bomb then it should cancel out the stun, just add frost to that too.

Xenon03 likes this.
  9. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

-New Maps. It occured to me yesterday that I was kind of bored of the map.
    -New Game Modes
    -New Weapons.
    -One new ship
    -New Shop System

10. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Just had a thought.. and i know it will be hard but.. a randomly generated map would be cool. Or even if you cant do that, add in a few twists to the exisiting ones, throw in a few obsticles. Cut off a few routes with buoys.

Or maybe even a "no radar" mode. Just something a bit to increase the difficulty for the pros / regs. Maybe increase rewards for no radar maps or something.

No radar and Random generated maps would be awesome

11. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    I'd like to see a new yellow item(s) because at this point they all do 3 things, speed (buff & debuff), stun and block.

Maybe put a yellow item that buffs friendlies' damage (50%) in a 10 unit radius for 10 seconds. Or a item that places a directional shield that blocks up to 500 damage (cumulative) for 50 seconds. **all examples are lvl 1 commons**

12. Soprole

Soprole New Member

Displaying statistics of the damage you have done per weapon, at the end of each game and also for all the games you have played.
    This would be awesome to know what weapons are the best ones for each player and ship.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

New game modes for sure. Anything that makes progression easier would be nice, too. Balance changes and bug fixes should be part of the update, regardless.

Balance changes I would love to see, with an emphasis on middle game:
    - Torpedoes nerfed.
    - They're common at mid-level since torpedo damage temporarily gets really high compared to HP levels. Nothing kills faster, assuming they actually land.​
    - Repair Bolt only costs 1 point.
    - It's not AoE. Regardless of how useful it can be and how much it can heal, it still only heals one person. The extra point isn't justified.​
    - Enforcer movement speed increased.
    - Defender movement speed increased.
    - Fixer movement speed increased.
    - Shooter movement speed increased.
    - Turbo nerfed.
    - At the risk of promoting "speed creep", the base speeds on the slowest ships is... well, they're really slow. It's dangerous to go out on pretty much any ship without a Turbo on, but it doesn't seem like it should be such a necessity on classes that aren't built to be zooming around in the first place. Just nerfing Turbo isn't the solution, either, since that may cause too much of an indirect buff to mortars.
    Other changes that are a little more self-serving, since I want Enforcer buffed:
    - Enforcer base health increased.
    - Defender health scaling increased.
    - New Blue item category: Auras.
    - New Aura: Reinforce. Increases the user's defense by a set amount and adds a percentage of the user's defense to surrounding teammates. Upgrades increase the percentage but not the amount of defense granted to the user. The defense granted to the user is applied as base armor and is factored into the aura's effect. Does not stack. Any ship using this aura takes a very reduced effect from other ships using this same aura.
    - Defender is there to protect other people, but he doesn't do a very good job at it. Since he can't draw aggro and is very tough to kill, there's no reason to attack him most of the time. Well, now there is. Put those 5 blue slots to use on something other than shields. While not directly as helpful to Enforcer, if he's the type that wants to do police work there's a very good reason to slap one of these on.​
    - Tesla Shield now cleanses the effects of slows and DoTs.
    - Since the Tesla Shield now self-stuns, it should serve as more than just a spot-dodge.​

Possibly Unnecessary Gamechanger:
    - Enforcer has given up 1 yellow slot.
    - Enforcer now has 1, 1-point green slot. Given at Mk 4.
    - That's right, secondary healer. Now he's a true hybrid of all other classes.
    I'm only half joking, it could be pretty interesting.​

Xenon03 and BEN like this.
  14. Joey who

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/item-idea.7398/

My idea for a yellow item :p

15. The Toucan

The Toucan New Member

Personally I would prefer more balanced match making. for instance, if one team gets a fixer, make it so both teams get one

Xenon03 and Veganasaurus like this.
  16. ThatOnion

Gamer
  17. Joey who

20 sec cooldown tho
    And 2 slots means you could only add 1

18. ThatOnion

Gamer
    What about perks, there would have to be a perk to reduce cooldown, and with 5 probably epic perks like that, it would prolly have a 15 sec cooldown, same with enforcers, except they could prolly put 2 on.

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I can understand why you suggest this, but it would also remove some of the tactical aspects. Its akin to good old magic the gathering and a matter of understanding who is aggro and who is control in a given match.
    Being a Fixer I have won many matches against non Fixer teams, but also lost plenty. Far too often the players without a healer fails to recognize that they have to be the aggressors and push for confrontation. Sitting back and exchanging shots is a guaranteed loss, but if you attack as a team you have a fine chance of utilizing your superior firepower.

20. Admiral DrkRealm

Admiral DrkRealm Member

A "Mute Player" feature.

behumble and RAJOAN REDOY like this.