1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item idea

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 3 Jul 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would you guys like to see a 2 slot yellow item that teleports you back to where you were when you activate it?

Got the idea from an old game I used to play (Black Ops 3)

We have a speed boost item. We have random busts of extreme speed for short amounts of seconds. Why not create some confusion for our beloved enemies?

How it would work:

When activated you would teleport back to where you were a few seconds ago in the same exact position and pointing at same direction as you were at that time as well.

There would be a visible blue trail from where you were when you activated to where you teleported to so the enemy knows where you went (only fair).

The item would have a cooldown of 20 (so can't be spammed).

The item's upgrades would improve the time you travel back.

I made some stats each rarity:

Common: lvl 1: 3 sec max 5 sec
    Uncommon: lvl 1: 4 sec max 6 sec
    Rare: lvl 1: 6 sec max 8 sec
    Epic: lvl 1: 7 sec max 9 sec
    Legendary: lvl 1: 8.5 sec max 11 sec

The seconds would be where you go back that time ago.

Example: I am at X spot. 8 seconds ago I was at Y spot. I teleport to Y spot leaving a temporary blue trail from X spot to Y spot.

Strategies and moments to use this:

When you turn a corner an you see 5 enemies and they all turn to you and you know you are ####'d. Activate and you are safe and sound.

1v1 against a defender as a speeder. You can move right thru him and make him have to do a 180° turn to shoot you. You can get one shot on him then teleport and he would have to do another 180°
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    Or when you are headed straight for a bullseye of a mortar and know you wouldn't make it out the ring.

As a 2 slot weapon it would make mk4 speeders take out tesla shield or an mk5 take out 2 yellow items to fit 1 so I think it would be perfectly fair and balanced.

What do you guys think?

Xenon03 likes this.
  2. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense at all....As u said it to be yellow slot item, not every ship has yellow slots...So basically it will be only for Speeders & Enforcer, who already have better speed & better turret + ship agility than others, plus there's no reason to have teleporting item which will make mortars completely useless bcoz Everyone will Dodge mortar attacks.

ShøckWãve likes this.
  3. Joey who

Yellow items belong to yellow boats... that's why they are yellow.... o_O

Do you see shooters and defenders running Tesla Shield??

No... Because it's a yellow item for a yellow boat.

4. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

No! Such an item would be broken and too OP. Speeders need nerfing, not some ridiculous buff!

5. H.A.D.E.S

Dude read before you write!! Yellow ships already have greater speed and agility, a teleporting item would make yellow ships kind of invincible when combined with nitro or OB.

And for all those in advance, who are gonna say yellow ships are weak or have less HP...if yellow ships are really weak then the top players wouldn't use it as their primary ship... There's always a right way to use every ship.
    (I'm not being Rude, just sharing my perspective) :)

ShøckWãve likes this.
  6. Joey who

I appreciate your feedback :)

Being a 2 slot item you would have to give up a whole slot as mk3 and mk5. Would be suited well for mk4 and 6s (the ones who use tesla shield). And in my opinion tesla shield would still be better. This item is just to create diversity and open up new strategies and setups and keep the game fresh. If you look in leaderboard everyone is using flaregun and tesla shields on speeders. It's so repetitive that even the people using it are wanting something new... but of course you should always use what works and flregun+cannon speeder is meta.

7. H.A.D.E.S

Hmm...Well it all depends on the Devs....We don't know, they might come up with something better than teleporting item...Who knows!!

ShøckWãve and Joey who like this.
  8. Joey who

It's not like you are randomly teleporting. This could be countered by paying attention to the movements of a boat you know is equipped with this. And at most will catch you off guard once.

Just an idea haha.