1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What does a legendary item actually cost? - CAD, USD

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 2 Jul 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    (1) edited to include green items :p whoops
    (2) edited title to show that prices were in CAD
    (3) corrected price from $599.94 CAD to $839.94 CAD, the former was in USD

(4) edited to include USD
    There's been a lot of mixed opinions on legendary items and the "wallet warriors" who use them. But how much does a legendary item actually cost?
    As we all know, a legendary item, like any item takes 10 pieces to assemble. But it's not as easy as opening 10 epic chests to get your golden legendary. The
    Red, Yellow, Blue and Green
    variants of the pieces make calculating and getting a legendary item very difficult. But I will try my best to come up with a believable estimate.
    ----------

CAD (Canadian)
    First we need to estimate the amount of epic chests we will need to open. If you happened to be stupidly lucky and got only Red pieces or Yellow, or Blue, or Green, then you would only need 10 epic chests. But my experience shows me that that is probably not the case. I'm sitting at an equal amount of legendary pieces right now, and I assume you will need to open much more than 10 epic chests to complete your journey to Legendary. But for the first part of the calculations, lets assume you only needed to open 10 epic chests.
    ----------

10 Epic Chests = 3900 X 10 pearls | this works out to 39 000 pearls, now what is the smallest amount of money you would have to pay for this?
    if you wanted your legendary instantly, without including the daily deal, your best option is obviously The Giant Chest of Pearls at 14 000 pearls for $139.99 CAD.

39 000 ÷ 14 000 = 2.78 (3) | 3 X 139.99 = $419.97 CAD | this would give you 39 000 pearls PLUS another 3000, BUT there is a cheaper option :p
    (A Giant Chest of Pearls X 2) + (a Big Chest of Pearls X 2) + a Barrel of Pearls = 39 500 pearls at $405.95 CAD | but in the long run this would not be the best choice as you would get less leftover pearls.
    ----------

However, if you are willing to spend A LOT of time waiting for your legendary item, then you could use the daily 100 pearl deal, which would be cheaper...
    the daily 100 gives you 100 pearls a day for 10 days, equaling to 1000 pearls over 10 days for a measly $6.99 CAD. so if you get 39 of those...

39 X $6.99 = $272.61 CAD | over only...390 days...which is longer than I've been playing this game 0_0
    ----------

But once again, the chances of you getting 10 of the same pieces is almost impossible. We can't know the exact number of pieces you will need to get, but somewhere around 27 should be a good number (at least according to my luck) (if you disagree with this number then let me know). So let's run through the calculations again...
    ----------

27 X 3900 = 105 300 pearls needed
    105 300 ÷ 14 000 = 7.52 | so you would need 8 Giant Chests of pearls for $1119.92 CAD, or.....

(Giant Chest of Pearls X 7) + a Barrel of Pearls + a Mug of Pearls = $1063.91 CAD | That's a good sum of money there! but you will almost be guaranteed a legendary item, PLUS another 17 legendary pieces if you ever want a second legendary ;)
    ----------
    So you must be wondering...what about the daily 100?! well...
    105 300 pearls means you need 106 daily 100s X_X

106 X 6.99 = $740.94 CAD over 1060 days!!! | if you wait that long for one legendary PLEASE tell me, because that's insane!
    ----------
    BUT what if we included the daily deal? The best daily deal I've ever seen is 14 000 pearls + an epic chest for $139.99 CAD (14 000 + 3900 = 17 900), so if we need 27 epic chests...

105 300 ÷ 17 900 = 5.88 | 6 X $139.99 = $839.94 CAD | (if I messed any of this up or if you know of a better deal, let me know)
    If you ever get this deal in your shop, then drop $840 and you will most likely get a legendary!
    ----------

USD (American)
    The following calculations are in USD for all you american folk. I used the daily deal of 14 000 pearls + an epic chest for $99.99 USD as it is the best deal I know of.
    (Giant Chest of Pearls X 7) + a Barrel of Pearls + a Mug of Pearls = $759.91 USD | 105 300 ÷ 17 900 = 5.886 | 6 X $99.99 = $599.94 USD
    ----------

the absolute cheapest you can get a legendary item for is $839.94 CAD, 599.94 USD including the daily deal (as far as I know) or $1063.91 CAD, 759.91 USD if you don't want to wait.
    ----------
    This post got really long :/ but hopefully I was able to give a bit of insight into the amount of cash they wallet warriors spend. join me next time when I estimate how much money winkleberry5 spent into his Tier 4 legendary Standard cannon ;)

Last edited: 3 Jul 2017
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's sad for me to be a f2p player I destroy most of these enemies with legendaries.

Money can't buy you skill

3. Captain Gilligan

That is very very true, I say it all the time. I'm still only halfway to getting a legendary weapon but I'm doing quite well even without one

4. BEN

BEN Active Member

so TL;DR version is anywhere between $500 - $900 for 1 legendary item? How come you didnt include green items?

500 bucks for a RANDOM legendary item is such a huge amount to pay for imo. But, to each his own I guess.

monobrow likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I have 0 legendary pieces of any type haha.

6. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Yeah, good effort.. but you missed greens bro ...

7. Captain Gilligan

Tbh I completely forgot the green items, I will update the post right away. I always get rid of all green pieces so I forgot to calculate them!

8. Captain Gilligan

yup, making the change now. That was quite dumb of me lol

9. monobrow

Not at all bud. Thanks for putting the effort in.
    I saw so many people saying getting a legendary was "300 bucks" which ofc is possible, but then so is me marrying a super model tonight.

Effort much appreciated and needed!

Btw, fwiw.. epics are still the best bet imo :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. BEN

BEN Active Member

I thought so. haha! But good stuff and very informative. I think it could be a little less than 500 dollars per legendary if you were a little patient and lucky with free legendary pieces. But you are probably right that the estimate would be 500+ if you were starting from scratch.

11. Captain Gilligan

I could not agree more!

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Wrong currency?? This in Canadian?

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  13. Captain Gilligan

Yes it's in Canadian. I thought about including other currencies as well, but I wasn't sure. What's your opinion on this?

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Figure out which bundles are equivalent to USD. or at least state in your post what currency that is, it's misleading!

15. Captain Gilligan

fixed, I will need to look into that

16. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I was actually considering buying some pearls so I could finally get my first legendary weapon, but since you made this topic I'm happy I didn't spend anything yet. Since it's so exremely expensive I will never even bother with buying pearls anymore. So thanks for making this calculation, you just helped save me alot of real life money. Getting a legendary is just way too expensive.

Good work devs, you wanted to make money with this greedy system, but now you won't receive anything because you're too greedy, can you see the irony?

17. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Well the best way to get Legendaries is also the best way to get Epics so whales will have plenty of both.

18. Captain Gilligan

The true ironic thing is that it's probably better in the long run to scrap your legendary and use the epics you also got from your splurge ;) Your welcome for the post! This is why I spend 1-2 hours on things...

19. monobrow

Hey bud, if it helps at all with the calculations, i just got my first legend and the distribution was

10 red
    7 blue
    2 yellow
    1 green

All from epic boxes bar 2 lucky drops from scrapping.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  20. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Respect and thanks for the effort, and I agree that money can't buy you skill.. I had a MK4 Shooter in my team with a legendary missile launcher (at cca 1600 infamy), and he played really, really bad. So it's not all about money at all.