1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My Battle Log. I can't play my mk3 Enforcer anymore because of this!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by manueliz30, 30 Jun 2017.

1. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

So I switch again to my SPEEDER.

I HOPE DEVS WILL RELEASE A PRACTICE MODE. OR A NON-RANK MATCHMAKING SYSTEM THAT HAS -50% REWARDS GAINED.

I WANT TO TEST OUT THE OTHER SHIPS BUT WHEN I USED MK3 SOMEBODY WILL REPORT THAT MY PURPOSE IS TO LOSE.

19619357_1748983228446998_372293870_o.png 19578915_1748983231780331_1954237621_o.png 19619954_1748983288446992_1520601293_o.png 19650353_1748983275113660_106250124_o.png 19686276_1748983431780311_1450104571_o.png 19688565_1748983358446985_1195021362_o.png 19688220_1748983471780307_1195741401_o.png 19619145_1748983451780309_315521951_o.png

Pulse Hadron likes this.
  2. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Because it is. If you have an mk5 you should never play an mk3. If you want to play enforcer, level it to mk5 too. Judging by how active you are, you'll have no problems gathering the gold to upgrade it. If you keep it at mk3 on purpose, we can only conclude that you want to drop infamy. I'm happy the devs have taken measures against that.

Alpha ., Netsa, Ian and 2 others like this.
  4. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

funny how fast you got back to near 3k infamy. wasn't it only two days ago you were 800 less than that? also claiming that you could not climb that much that fast?

Alpha . likes this.
  5. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

thats a good idea, a practice mode or non ranked matchmaking would help us get more familiar with ships we did not use much before. it will be a big help.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That would be a dumb rule to ban people for using their other ships just because they aren't leveled up like their other ships.

If that's the case they should give you mk5 for free if they don't want you using mk3.

I personally don't care if I drop infamy because I am bored of using the same ship. if I wanna use an mk3 boat at 2k I'm doing it. And if people don't like it they can buy me the pearls to make my gold storage fill up :D

7. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

I gotta say this game is struggling with the proper methods to enforce unfair play. Selectively banning over implimenting a hard coded system. Now negating reward if the ship level does not match with current league rating? Bizarre...

I dont bother playing anything other than my fire bombing mk3 shooter because my infamy and earnings plummet. Now I have even less incentive to upgrade boats or push for a higher league.

There are better ways to combat this problem Rovio. Instead you ban and can players now as the survey implies your scrambling to bring in fresh blood. Not one of those 6 questions was asked to make Battle Bay "better" when you struggle to manage the ones you already have...

Xenon03 and SlowSpeeder like this.
  8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Good job Lizzie, thanks for coming clean. ;)

As for the MK3, I think it's unfortunate that you can't use it now, however because of Rovio's single infamy system there's really little they can do. My advice is just upgrade it to MK4 at least, ideally MK5 and use it then. Only solution I can think of within the restrictions.

For Rovio to solve this, they need to restructure the infamy system to revolve around individual ships, and each one having it's own infamy. Similar to Supercell's Brawl Stars, however, the infamy score that's on your profile should be your highest.

9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I like this idea, but there is one difficulty with it, which is items. Let's say I want to play my shooter, which I left behind at mk2. If it had a seperate infamy, it would probably be at 300 or so, which for mk2 is somewhat appropriate, no problem there yet, BUT, I could now take my high level weapons from my other boats and put them in the shooter. There you go, new form of seal clubbing. Every time a high level player would try a new boat, they'd be wrecking the newbies with their OP weapons, even if the boat itself is low level.

I don't think this is unfixable (they could scale the minimum infamy of all boats with your highest item level, for example), but it is something to be careful about.

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yep my thought process covered that too, and to be honest, that's something that exists even now and existed before. Players can buy Legendaries anytime and use them at low infamy, it would be no different. Which it all comes right back down to the matchmaker, it really needs to be re-thought and re-structured in a way to measure the strength of the ship(items, level, captain levels, ship class) first then compound it to the relative infamy as the "skill" level and then match accounts that are similar. Not straight infamy, it would be way too easy to exploit which many people have been doing.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Pixelated Bukkake

Pixelated Bukkake New Member

I like that idea - using the "power" level of your ship and items combined with your infamy in some type of formula would be interesting. Power is a measurable number and but doesn't represent skill and infamy represents a little bit of both. It's not perfect but might allow for some adjustment when someone loads up a lower end ship from their inventory.

12. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Go ahead and use your weak ships, but be prepared to get reported alot wich you will deserve.

13. Joey who

And I deserve it because?

SlowSpeeder likes this.
  14. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

From bouncing around the 1k-1.4k range I've seen mk2 - mk5 ships. Most of the time the mk5 ships are really bad players so I usually shudder when they are on my team. I think the weapons you use are a way bigger factor than the level of ship. For instance if you get off the same number of shots but your weapons are doing x2-x3 damage you will kill someone faster every time whether or not you have 1-2 weapons less. I saw a mk 2 fixer cleanup at 1600 rating just because of his rank 2 epic Blast Cannon. He was contributing more damage than some shooters on his team with only 1 weapon slot

15. Wishaal

Read your own comment with logic and common sense, if you have it, then you might know why.

16. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

This thread only further prove that @manueliz30 was seal clubbing before the update. If she had a session like the first post log, she would've gain a lot of resources before the update. She chose to do it after the update because she losing battle prizes now. If she want to practice the enforcer, get it to MK4 and practice. Play her best ship to regain infamy and practice again. The bottom line is she chose to negatively affecting others for her own gains. She got banned for it and still didn't learn from it. She only learned from it because Rovio forces her to do it. That's just sad.

17. Joey who

What I thought, no reasoning. Just a simple minded creature typing without thinking.

SlowSpeeder likes this.
  18. Wishaal

So you can actually describe yourself? Good boy. Now do the same with your comment.

SlowSpeeder likes this.
  19. Joey who

Very mature.
    Could you answer the simple question? Why should I be banned for using a lower level ship just because I haven't had the gold to upgrade it?

SlowSpeeder likes this.
  20. Wishaal

Because if you're playing with a lower lvl ship you're basicly ruining the winning chances of 4 others wich will cause alot of irritation and frustration among the other 4. 4 other people have to suffer because of the selfish decision to use a lower lvl ship by just 1 person.

If you don't have the gold to upgrade your ship... Well then go farm some gold with your main ship, if you got skills it shouldn't take too long.

But still, how come people can't see why they shouldn't use a lower lvl ship? Is it really that hard to think about what would happen if the choose a low lvl ship?