1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, well, well... Check this out. Screenshot_2017-06-25-20-21-04.png
    What was this mk5 fixer doing below 500 infamy seven days ago?*sniffs* i smell the stink of a seal clubber

2. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

From reading the entire thread I think the points and steps are: 1) people are exploiting the game by lowering their infamy. 2) This is not fair because it makes the game no fun. 3) The current solution is not effective enough 4) The developers are trying to find a solution to the problem, but are too busy to tell you. 5) you suggest solutions such as economy and matchmaking changes by analysing reasons.

And what I assume is 6) The developers read your suggestions and take it into account, even though they may not tell you, as they have lives and jobs to lead.

Am I correct?

Snapshot likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes, you are. Thats why I stopped talking about that and started reporting seal clubbers over here because all solutions are feasible at a certain level and what the game needs is a mixture of all of them.

4. Feue

Feue New Member

Even if there's seal clubbing, the infamy system is too dummy ATM imho. As it is, a good game in the losing team counts nothing, even if u earn a star. The effort is pointless, and would be different if the top 2, or the star earners in the losing team were rewarded positive infamy (ofc a lot less than the winning team, half, a third, whatever)

Theres a star system that mirrors the game better than the actual infamy rewards, and the migration would not be from scratch. A game shall be rewarded by the players performance. Much more fair.

5. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

Thanks for following me LoL.:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

IMG_0728.PNG
    This was posted by a Seal Clubber, she/he said this type of punishment is too harsh and unjustified. I'm sure people will think twice before tanking infamy points on purpose after seeing this.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
  7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

So with Patch 2.3. what are the changes to the game that prevents infamy manipulation? These are questions directly to ROVIO.

I know of the obvious one:
    • Results screen can now load profiles which have access to the Report tab. This would be the reactive way to report players better from the game.
    The not so obvious one:
    • People have been saying there's a new threshold. What is it? what are the details and numbers and how does it reduce the rewards system?
    • Good job on a Proactive solution!

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We won't disclose details because they would be used to try to workaround the rules. But in the high level:
    - Gradually worsening rewards for infamy droppers.
    - No rewards from floated battles.
    - Gradually tougher matchmaking for infamy droppers so that they don't even end up ruining the battles of low level players.
    - Easier to report those who still does it despite of not being economically viable.

9. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

Yes please don't tell them the full details! Otherwise they will of course manipulate their infamy within the limits. I just love all the people posting the "I got 0 loot screenshots" Serves them right :cool:

SCOOTY PUFF Jr and Miathan like this.
  10. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I got into a game with 2 suicide players this morning. I got SS in my iPad at home.

Aside from the obvious that they just floating there waiting to die, they also find ways to hurt the remaining players too. One name I can remember is ThankYouGod. I played the fixed and dropping boxes before the battle started. He/She went around in a shooter and took all the boxes, launched a shot off, and took the dive. The other is in the enforcer. He/She just charge in. I went behind him/her to heal. By the time I realize what he/she is doing, I am too far into the enemy to turn around. I got focused on once they sunk.

A battle later, I ran into another player like the shooter mentioned.

I'll post SS of them when I get home. I didn't know about the new option to report them in-game this morning since I just updated.

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@Miika is it possible to change ships now? Speeder is going to take some practice before I'm able to perform at 3300 infamy. I don't mind grinding it out to upgrade my speeder to mk5 before I change, but I still anticipate a fairly big drop before I get used to it. Will I be penalised?

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Also agree on the details bit, but it should be announced to players regardless (without the actual numbers) as a deterrent / cease and desist notice.
    Thanks! So this pretty much ends this topic, of course the players that continue to infamy tank will find out shortly that there's no longer any benefits in doing so.

Great job Rovio Battle Bay!

13. sp1234

sp1234 New Member

IM having serious issues with this!!! I dropped some infamy recently, not on purpose but because I was having some bad luck and terrible teams- now I am getting zero award for wins and get matched with even tougher teams so I can't progress, yes I agree something had to be done about the ppl who dropped infamy simply to farm awards, BUT I'm not one of them and am getting punished for their behaviour, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Close to quitting the game rn

14. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

C
    Can you post your battle log? The time that you have some bad luck :) you said

15. sp1234

sp1234 New Member

Yes I can
    I was 1st or 2nd best damage in most of the games...FYI

Attached Files:

16. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I think I am having the same problem ahah. I have dropped as a fixer from 2000 to 1800 (steep, but normal whenever I have bad luck), but I struggle to go back up again. I just keep dropping with ridiculous matches impossible to win, I wouldn't be surprised if I stop getting rewards.

17. DiabloX Tran

DiabloX Tran New Member

Lol, everyone complains abt those who drop infamy while i find myself in the opposite side...
    I'm lvl 25, 2k infamy atm, with t3 rare and t1 epic, while most of my opp have t4 rare, t3 epic or legendary weapon... really feel like I don't belong here. I don't like tanking but also it feel bad when opponents can kill you in 2,3 hit

18. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Can you all post your current profile, as well as post what your high infamy is?
    I've been hearing the 500 infamy level gap, and to be honest, I think it's too small of one if that is true. An infamy enforcement system needs to exist, but not to the point where it starts constricting even legitimate players.

Even for myself, maintaining close to my current high is tough. The moment you exceed it, you could literally lose 8-10 in a row because of how challenging the peak is. That's 240 infamy right there, and if you're not lucky or if you're having a bad night with some sort of slump, you could lose more than that. I had several recent blips that sent me about 400 infamy down my mark, and if it is indeed 500 as the threshold. All I need to do is lose 5 more. That's actually very possible.

I think Rovio needs to look at this and look at how many possible legitimate players are being penalized for this. I suspect it may be more than they have anticipated. If the Threshold is indeed 500, I believe this number needs to be either increased, or at better yet "dynamic" (calculating an median peak infamy based on last 50 games, then applying a threshold based on that number). At the very least, should at least be based on Season high, not all time high because all-time highs may not be entirely accurate, as the player could be either; very lucky the last several games, or being carried by strong/skilled players they fleeted with, and/or played with random skilled players or a combination of all the above. The result would be an artificially boosted way above the players typical average.

The other issue I can think of is if the player has been not as active. Since the community is always improving, a player could possibly be slowly left behind and fall in terms of progress. That would affect their ability to reach their All-time high infamy, as that mark has already changed and the players at the high are better equipped.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2017
    Helius Maximus and sp1234 like this.
  19. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

I think anti-seal-clubbing is a good thing is a good thing even though I was caught up in it. However, until I know how I can try new ships, new weapons, etc. without falling back into the seal-clubber trap I'm going to be very to experiment and try. Thankfully the quests give me an option to switch it to something and it is almost always something that works for me. I think perhaps starting a new account would help to practice at lower lower infamy with new ships and weapons is a good way to go.

I absolutely hate the way CoC makes one switch accounts on iOS. A better way is to allow a player to have player profiles.

Each profile has a completely independent set of ships and weapons, infamy and stats. A player can easily flip from shooter to healer to speeder by flipping their account and continue playing and working on the quests. That would be totally awesome and I think it solves the concern around dropping infamy to complete a quest or play with other ships and weapons.

20. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Let me try to attach pictures.

Honestly, after dropping to1800 I feel that my matches have unusually high proportions of suiciders, on both sides. It feels as if I am getting grouped with thr creme of infamy tankers. However, even if I get penalised by the system I am happy they are creating obstacles for sea clubbers.

Although, the current system is a bit limiting as previously pointed out. I was thinking of practing my shooter/speeder since I have dropped enough to play legitimately mk3, but I wonder what will happen to my rewards if I drop even further.

Attached Files: