1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We might or might not disclose these at some point, we still haven't decided :)

2. HarrisonStark

HarrisonStark New Member

You are absolutely corect. Why do the boxes have 2 dissapear? That's high qwality bulls**t riget there. HEALERS ALL THE WAY!!

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Wait what??

4. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    If we disclose exactly what we did, people might find creative ways to try to circumvent it.

Alpha ., Miathan and Rock'N'Rolla like this.
  5. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Lol ok that makes sense. I think I just figured it out from another thread. And if it is what I think it is good job!

6. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I would like to ask sth Screenshot_2017-06-29-19-57-54.png
    What is the thing next to infamy points? Why is it nightmare while the person that I "stalk" is on lvl 8?

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Zeus Thanks!
    @Everyone Else -- Do keep responses civil when we do get direct feedback, disagree all you want but don't chase him away & make him regret answering!

I can sort of follow the logic behind all of them - As a Fixer I even agree that Repair Pulse nerf is probably ok, Im more concerned by whether a viable alternative fixerbuild is out there or if it will end up just being a nerf (which atleast for mk6 didnt seem necasary?).

Repair Bolt being able to dispel stun & slow was a nice surprise --- The combination of it being a [2] item, the long cooldown, the amount healed & no ability to selfheal seems undertuned. But time will tell I guess. If it came with a way to selfheal with it I could imagine it being considered over Repair Pulse or 2x Repair Box, but as it looks now I cant think of a build before mk6 where it could perhaps work.

Was the intend to lower the powerlevel of Fixers? If not then I do think some numbers need tweaking, whether that be higher healing on Duct Tape, perhaps 75% on Pulse or a cd/amount healed change on Bolt I dunno.

That being said I'm a big fan of the design behind the Bolt - Fun to play with, opens up different ways to play Fixer (if/when numbers balance out) and dispelling utility is cool.

Fiorell likes this.
  8. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Mr squiqqle and Mamamyers like this.
  9. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead

Fixers were overall a bit too strong, especially at higher levels. A fixer can completely dictate the pace of a game if the team is on the same page, and there's little to nothing that was to be done with it as pulse self healing was too high, so targeting the fixer first was not always a viable choice.

Repair bolt is a highly experimental item for us, it's the first really long range heal and it can also remove debuffs, which we think is neat. We did not want to make the healing output itself too high until we see where people take it (do keep in mind a maxed out repair bolt does A LOT of healing), and if the debuff removal shows to be too situational or if the healing is undertuned we will of course take action. Same goes for the repair pulse, if the nerf was too big we might go for something like 75%, revert it or do something different entirely. In short, we want to give it time when we make big changes such as this and see how the meta shapes around them, because on release day there is a lot of emotions going on without even testing how the changes feel.

Miathan likes this.
  10. r4z

r4z Member

correct, this is all aimed at the big boys, they didn't give a rat's ass about the bulk of the players.
    my lvl10 Tesla shield can block 366 dmg - this update makes it useless, 1-2 shots and I'm stunned 4seconds
    I'm lvl 26 so no it can't go any higher for now because of the level limitation. I stopped using it as it's killing me.
    over boost lvl10 rare with perks, lasts cooldown 12s and lasts 6.3 seconds

no shield combined with the overboost nerf forces me to play like a b*tch, trade shots and only go in to support when I can use team mates as meatshields.
    no more scouting, no more harassing - what the speeder was all about
    I'm saving for shooter and I'll join the We are G^Y and Use Only Mortars club

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017
  11. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

which thread? i want to figure it out too :)
    agreed on the sniper. it was overused at all levels and an obvious choice for how easy it is to hit someone with it.

but the overboost change is abit drastic. i have an epic t3 and with shorter duration which will leave me dead in the water half way to my destination. then i have to wait for 6s before i can boost again, but its already too late, as i have already took irreparable damage or died on my mk4 with less than 2000 hp.

r4z likes this.
  12. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

@Zeus ? Fixers are THE primary target at high level battles, and we hardly survive. Of course we have to be strong when battling the top players, we're dealing with T5 weapons. A 50% nerf on any item is drastic, but you haven't even modified some of the "ship repairing reductions" talents out there. So it's -50% on top of the -30% reduc?

Hodges likes this.
  13. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    @Brizo as i said, even in an ideal scenario, sometimes it's impossible to get to a fixer. Let's say you have a few people mining off a choke and then huddle up, the fixer can keep everyone alive and all the poke you do is permanent damage if the enemy team does not have fixers/bandages.

14. Masi The Speeder

Masi The Speeder New Member

Okay Zeus, what bad I have done to you? My screen's lowest quarter isn't working. It looks like normal but when I tap for example BATTLE-button it doesn't work. I heard that Kenzer has same problem.

Btw update isn't good...

Bomby McBombface likes this.
  15. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    @Masi The Speeder
    Try to disable any screen manipulating software you might use (eg. recording software, twilight or similar, game tools)

16. Masi The Speeder

Masi The Speeder New Member

@Zeus
    haha nice it's working again.
    But why screen recording isn't possible? You have some reasons why you did this?

17. Fiendish Fire

Fiendish Fire New Member

Thank you for the update. Some nice changes! I'm still crashing after watching bonus ads tho..anything to fix this?

18. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

I love the features, especially the target flick buttons and the battle log! In addition to the sniper cannon you might want to consider "balancing" mortars/firebombs too. Or at least IMO something should be done to the current trend of 3/5 ships just sitting back randomly spamming mortar shots towards the enemy, which is nothing but frustrating in a battle and - again IMO - a serious pain in the butt at least i the 800-1200 infamy levels.

Blood Raven and ranggawiratno like this.
  19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Zeus Alright, thanks for the insights!

I can understand choosing a cautions approach with the Bolt -- Perhaps its stronger than I give it credit for, I'm missing a selfhealing component (on top of the Pulse nerf).

Fixers absolutely alter how games are played agreed, looking at the amount of Fixers (vs say Speeders) in the top 50 it doesn't appear to be all that powerful though. But altering games absolutely.
    ---
    I have as many games where 1-2 Speeders (or Oh To Wdk) locks onto me & I just vaporize, as games where the team without a healer refuses to recognize their role of attackers and end up slowly being picked off 1 by 1.

Time will tell I guess - Just wish I had more repair Boxes so I could level an alternative to my double pulsing setup!

20. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    This is definitely not intentional from our side, and we always want people to be able to record and share their gampelay so we're looking into it.

PepeButtCrack likes this.