1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the sniper cannon nerf justified for all?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 26 Jun 2017.

?

Is the nerf justified for all?

Poll closed 3 Jul 2017.
  1. Yup

40.4%
  2. Nope

46.8%
  3. I dont know yet

12.8%
  1. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

For the range that is why i sometimes use sniper.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It's very simple. A percentage based reduction has an equally big impact on any damage number. That's what percentage is, it's a relative quantity. You said it's a bigger nerf at high level because there the damage is higher. That is false, it's an incorrect way to look at it. It's an equally big nerf at high level as at low level, namely 7.5%. It also affects crits the same way, because they scale directly off the base damage. They are also reduced by 7.5%.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

No, the sniper cannon is not that good against speeders. Yes, I know the update alters normal damage. However, what it consequently alters by 7.5% is also the crit damage. Damage, not chance. This makes more of a difference, dontcha think?

Exactly. Lol we typed the same thing

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
  4. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Woah, what's wrong with blast? It's way harder to land than sniper, and basically half the range.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Dont nerf the blast cannon, it is good entertainment to see it miss in unskilled hands ;-))

dikshift likes this.
  6. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

When it's a 1v1 at the end of the game and your teammate goes for the blast/ big torpedo and miss and dies and you end up killing your cat out of frustration.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    Don't forget that they're adding buttons for changing your targets, which will probably make it a bit easier to use the sniper. So all in all you might end up doing more good with it still, since it will be easier to finish off a runner who you're frantically trying to target among a bunch of unfriendlies.

There should be a "I don't know yet" option on the poll.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Hang on, ill add that

There you go! You can now also change your vote. I do believe that the switch target thingy is gonna do a lot of good

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
    VidarUlv likes this.
  9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

How is that false? the damage is higher with the crit multiplier and perk multipliers.

10. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

there is also an edit button instead of multiposting...

as for the sniper, its justified. the dmg reduction is not even 10%, which is not even one crew ability.
    i dont think many are realizing the strenghts of a sniper. you can shoot across a map before the enemy even sees you, if your speeder did a good scout job. it outranges other weapons with high accuracy, fast projectile speed and insane crit chance and crit dmg.
    if you are worried about its usage in low levels, you won't even notice the difference. 7,5% is not that much.
    and if it bothers you too much, you're free to try other weapons and mix it up.

GhostYasuo likes this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I didnt say anything was wrong with it, I said it was one of the most dominating weapons in the game.
    At max level play Blast Cannon does crazy damage and for the dominant boat (speeder) its not that hard to land a hit at point blank range.

Im not calling for a nerf, just pointing out that if I were to pick something I would be looking at Blast+Big T first. Or perhaps consider the % gains from burn/frost

GhostYasuo likes this.
  12. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Meh, nerf for them is gonna come sooner or later since they are one of the most used item on the game. If you apply reverse psychology, using and leveling up items that are not commonly used will get a buff. This is how most of the PvP games out there balance out in their updates most of the time.

13. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

Lol 7.5% less damage isn't going to affect game play all that much, majority of sniper kills come from critical hits anyways...

GhostYasuo likes this.
  14. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

So less speeders= blast less dominant. Speeders are long overdue for a nerf anyways, the higher I climb the more speeders I see and the less of everything else.

15. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Sniper is actually pretty good against speeders lol.It has the fastest projectile speed and with a little leading speeders can be hit easy with it.Its my go to weapon when im trying to pick off a low hp speeder.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.