1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Capture the Flag Loadout?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by weaponX2071, 5 Apr 2019.

1. weaponX2071

weaponX2071 New Member

For Capture the Flag, what are some of the boats/loadouts you like?

So far I've been rolling out Shooter with Sniper, Leg ExpC, Flare, Epic ExpC, Fire Bomb, B Shield , Shield, Turbo....and had moderate success

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  2. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

For this event, I think you want as much fire and Ex Cannon as possible. CTF is usually a good event for Carronade as well. I've been running Interceptor with Carronade, Mine and dual Ex Cannons relying on others fire. So far so good. Depends on what you are going for. This event is good for high dmg if you need that on quests. Working a mine quest so I'm using that instead of flare with my current setup.

3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I usually using the same load out in this game.
    (Shooter with fire bomb x2, sniper x2 and a swift torpedo)
    But I usually go capturing the flag with my shooter...not damaging.

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I use a speeder with a bubble, overboost and nitro I also swap my bandaid for a second shield in ctf

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Shooter is not that good for CTF because once a speeder run away with flag its difficult to chase him .

I use Interceptor with one standard cannon for distance shot with less cooldown , 2 exp cannons and grenade which put unfriendly on fire and also can hit someone behind the waves . and use 2 shields , turbo and nitro .

Interceptor have enough speed to chase any speeder taking away flag even far side of the map . i can reach quickly and enough fire power to sink any speeder before they sink me .

and its also good for capturing flag if find opportunity . and i can keep defending myself with 4 red items . compared to speeder which have 2 reds and low health .

HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree, shooter is pretty good on defense, but when it comes to chasing, the interceptor fits the job description better.

I have, however, had success with the following CTF builds on the shooter:

1. "Monk"- Zero cooldown build for the shooter:

This build specializes in emptying HP bars, and doing it F.A.S.T. If you're endgame-tier, this build can put TREMENDOUS amounts of pure burst damage. Mine does something like 12.6k damage every 10 seconds and is perfectly capable of making top-tier defenders back the hell down if they decide to push me on the defense. It can also bring the HURT on enemy speeders.
    • Blast
    • Blast
    • Flare
    • Grenade
    • Grenade

2. "Skorpion" - My latest modification to the Monk build:

The Skorpion is a build I named after the Mortal Kombat character of the same name. By sacrificing about 1k worth of damage from the Monk build, I get to go *Get over here!*. It uses a carronade, sure to deliver optimum performance when you want to chase that pesky flag-carrying overboosting speeder.
    • Blast
    • Blast
    • Flare
    • Grenade
    • Carronade

Nikkie!, HAPPY SITHSHA and Su-57 like this.
  7. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I am not good at speeder, I always tap the overboost/nitro icon after I took the flag...and flag was returned by enemies.
    So I use shooter.:rolleyes::p:D
    But sometimes...I captured 2 flags even there's a speeder in our team...(not this one though)
    And... I don't really mind what should I use because I go to enemies' flag base almost every time. ("almost")

Attached Files:

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There are too many instances where a Speeder with a flag pulls away from my Shooter, which shouldn't happen being we are the same speed. I've been in matches where I have lost or won in 30 seconds with two captures quicker than my boat can even get into position.

My Shooter build for CTF is commonly a close range load out
    • Ex Cannon
    • 2 x Blast Cannon
    • Flare
    • Flex slot: Mine, Grenade, Sniper, Carronade, Big Torp
    With that I can easily peel off 10k HP in a single weapon rotation which will take out a Speeder.

My Interceptor build for CTF
    • Ex Cannon
    • Blast Cannon
    • Flare
    • Mine
    Again a close range setup, and the extra speed enables better Mine placement. I typically get destroyed much faster as my health is no better than a Speeder, in which case I get frustrated and just use Speeder with Tesla Shield and Tesla Bolt.

9. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yes there are some maps where if the enemy team has no yellow boats, I can literally steal the enemy flag before anyone is there to protect it, and make it home before seeing an enemy in range to hit me or take my flag
    Wayward pains is one of these maps lol it can be a tough to map to capture on with even teams and real challenging but, if the teams are unbalanced and only one team has speeders then the first capture is literally free!

The last ctf event I made 93 coins in the first 10 matches with my speeder lol 8 x 10 coin matches, 1 match I earned 8 and 1 I only earned 5

Last edited: 10 Apr 2019
  10. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I always go and take the flag when the battle just begin (or tell my team we need to capture) if our team has no speeder but the enemy team has speeder(s).
    (If we can take the flag before the enemy speeder take the flag back to enemies' flag base... I think this is a good way at least they need to protect or return the flag to capture, and it's also our team's chance to return our flag.)
    This battle was in damage depot.
    Enemies captured the flag and scored 1 point first, but they took about 2 minutes to capture.
    I know some speeders could capture the flag in only 18 seconds in this map. And our team used 25 seconds to took the flag. (But I think we can took the flag in 18 second if another shooter straight forward to the flag)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Apr 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

Speeder with : 2 nitro 1 tesla bolt
    1 Big , 1 standard shield 1 turbo
    BC/EC/nade/ST/BT

12. One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel New Member

Here Lately for CTF I have been mostly using

Reaper
    Carronade x2
    Nitro x2
    Duct tape x2

Works pretty well, great for both attacking defending.

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Duel nitro is a waste of a slot if you are actively trying to capture (which you should be when in a speeder).
    Nitro/Tesla Shield/Tesla Bolt is a better option. If your nitro training is maxed and you have all 4 cooldown perks you'll hardly notice missing one in a CTF match.