1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition: Keep gatling like it is right now in the event

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 2 Apr 2019.

?

Whaddaya think?

1. Yea

2. Nay

3. Troll

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Like seriously! This is how the gatling gun NEEDS to be! Well, maybe not the 30-round clip, but retain the OG stats and make it unload that fast... Hell, I'D play it!

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I asked for higher fire rate since the beginning or at least fire rate talents. This is how it should be in my opinion: Copy/Paste
    • Remove cooldown talents, and add a bullet cooldown to the weapon: 600ms cooldown per bullet. 600ms cooldown per bullet does not work when the weapon is in usage. Ex: If I'm at full clip (16 bullets) then I used 13 bullets. The clip should be full again after 7.8s
    • Currently, it takes around 4 seconds (6 seconds with global cooldown) to fire a full Gatling Gun clip. This is too much, and this makes the weapon so useless. Add a warm-up effect for 2 seconds with the global cooldown, and fire rate of the weapon should be significantly improved. Fire time should be decreased to <2s instead of 4s. (I recommend this formula:
    Delay 2 seconds for global cooldown/ warm-up/first bullet
    Delay 130ms for each bullet.)
    • Add more talents to improve fire rate:
    2 × significantly improve fire rate talents so delay per bullet can decrease from 130ms to 100ms to 70ms. It will takes approximately 2s, 1.5s, and 1s to fire a full clip respectively for each delay.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2019
    Sidd gamer, benguin8 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Yes, please. Gatling was such a letdown... I haven't bothered with it much because it's trash... and I have a T3 rare with epic perks and a 50% talent tree! Seriously Rovio...
    If they made the April Fool's edition into the item's new permanent form, I might make a legitimate effort to play this weapon instead of considering it as just a tool for shooter quests and the first on the scrapping block... which is how I currently see it.

(by first on the scrapping block, I obviously mean ahead of all non-DWall teals and maybe even Big Bertha... just triggered that the only time Rovio got this weapon right was in a goddamn APRIL FOOL'S EVENT.)

Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Gatling looks and feels normal for the first time in this event. The increased fire rate along will get players to use it just for the aesthetics alone, even if it's effectiveness isn't increased (though that's a topic for another day)

Most implementations of a gun like this use RNG to make some of the projectiles miss (like Missile), rather than having long gaps between shots. We have seen the future!

5. Earel

Earel Active Member

Keep it like it’s or remove like a lure and tube.
    For now it’s just additional % for rng to don’t gets a needed weapon...

6. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Don't forget about the big bertha. I wish big b could also remain the same. XD
    I agree with the gatling gun though.

7. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

This event made gatling gun have a purpose finally. I just ignored when someone was shooting at me with a gatling gun before, but during this event it was just as intimidating as any other cannon.

The no cooldown after firing thing worked great with enfo too....unload a clip until someone notices you and fire up your TS immediately to avoid return fire. Although still slightly underpowered compared to a few other weapons, it would at least be useable if fire rate were kept at this level. The suggestion having talent trainings to improve fire rate I think was a great one.

Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and benguin8 like this.
  8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol now your pushing ya luck!

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Ballpark/Berta were both OP in the April Fools event. Slight improvement to Berta could be in the cards, but definitely not full April Fools speed.
    By the end, it seems like every shooter was rocking two Bertas.

The Gatling gun was NOT OP in the April Fools event. The April Fools event just made the weapon usable.
    The shooting speed qualities for the Gatling should be brought to normal modes with the exception of the 30 round clip(this is a bit too much).

10. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Yeah name it mini gun instead lol

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

Fire rate was good in event but magazine should stay 15 rounds not 30 .

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Imagine if BattleBay developers originally released the gatling gun with the April Fools style Fire Rate.
    There would have been a mad rush to get one and level it up and people would have opened their wallet to evolve it.
    Instead they released a DUD of a Gatling Gun.

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe, Cavy and 3 others like this.
  13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i used to love it when i was at lower ranked . that time i was getting 900 total dmg with 31-32 range and less then 10 second cooldown . compared to exp cannon with 14.3 second cooldown 500-600 dmg less range slow projectile . Gatling gun was op . but then i never received copy to make it epic t3 . and then my exp cannon catch it up . now i rarely use gg mainly because of fire rate and zoom in issue . can't see torpedoes coming when its zoom in .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

Precisely why they should incorporate fire rate increases into the training tree. Would leave low levels as-is and increase usage in the higher ranks. Seems like a logical solution to me!

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Zoom and slow fire rate, not to mention the reload issues make Gatling gun a chore to use. It needs to be quicker and automatic.. and I'll reiterate, Zoom has no place in this game.

16. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I voted yea for gat gun improvement with out hesitation, knowing how bad gat gun is, despite the fact it wouldn’t benefit me as I don’t have one my self lol
    I scored my 10th piece tonight and got this lol 84F34684-BFFF-4F34-BC5E-6D263E8916B8.png I hope it’s the bay gods way of rewarding my fairness, knowing that this threads dream will come true

Aether_Zero, TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  17. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Hey! Welcome to the club!
    I got one from combining too... :rolleyes:
    ( I never graded it up, didn’t got any usefull perks first 1-3 months after I got it, but hey, I needed a Hall of Shame:p and it’s amazing to troll in events:D)

Cavy likes this.
  18. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

I scraped 2 leg event perks of gatling gun and repair box to get enough gold to buy an epic sniper crit chance perk which was available in the shop.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

So I just used my leggy gat gun for the first time lol and I gotta say, I’d rather use a common sniper lol

Funniest part is, I got impatient waiting for last red leggy piece that I scraped my leggy sniper to get it
    All I was preying for while combining was that I didn’t simply get another sniper lol I should have been more thorough with my desires

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bruh, seriously, make an entire LIST.
    IMG_20190407_171214.jpg
    Yes, there was a gat in the want list. Anyone wanna throw down? Hm?:p
    What I did get tho...
    Screenshot_2019-04-07-17-14-10-074_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Cavy and Nikkie! like this.