1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Add a blue slot point for defender and create a new item(?) - big bandage

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by VantaBlack, 16 Aug 2018.

1. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Yellow and green items give a lot of customization and opportunity in game. Fixer, speeder and enforcer all have 11 slot points in total but shooter has 12. That is understandable as it compensates for not being able to use green or yellow items but what about defender? Defender has 11 slot points. Shooter's technical area is red items (weapons) and it holds 8 slot points for those 5 slots. Defender's technical area is blue items (passive) and they only have 6 slot points for 5 items. This isn't good alone but considering how gear lube and rudder exist but defenders feel they can't use them because they'll give up too much hp or healing through bandage, I really think an extra blue spot point should be added to defender. This will encourage players to use gear lube or rudder if they have enough hp with double big shield or enough healing power with the 'big bandage'. That's where the new item comes into play.

Some defenders have always been using two or more bandages which is impractical unless you have several strong bandages. The problem with bandage for defender is that it doesn't heal percentage based so bandage's healing is barely noticeable in defender's hp bar. A big bandage costing 2 slot points would give defenders better scaled self healing and it would mean defenders save up a slot point and possibly get them to use gear lube or rudder. Big bandage would heal roughly double the hp that a standard bandage would heal and it would also heal every 5 seconds. The relationship between standard bandage and big bandage would be comparable to the standard shield and big shield relationship in terms of main stat scale, gear score and in having same kind of perks being allowed to equipped between the big and standard versions. Thoughts?

FearsomeChicken and XQT like this.
  2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

shooters have 12 because they have no special items , high speed , reverse speed , high hp , and all other ships have special items , high speed or high reverse speed, and defenders have a high hp ,

I am not talking about 20k hp , but Mk7 defender have +9k hp=Mk7 shooter+a big shield

and if shooters have 11 then they can't use a big shield or they are like a defender+2( 1 slot) items -~10k hp , and those 2 (1 slot )items <<10k hp,

I dont have any Mk7 or T5E shields , but I have seen them many many times on YT and in battles, so my data could be wrong but not too much

3. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    From my conversation with @Zeus
    My idea: thenocluewhattonameitbandage (needs a new name, suggestions?)
    So basically it is a bandage that does maybe 80% of what a normal bandage does, but, if you are within a repair pulse distance of another teammate, then it would heal them too. 2 slots though. Seriously, I could see some really cool strategies with this.

And he said: Blue items aren't meant for healing teammates, that's a fixers job.

Though for example, you can ‘heal’ a teammate as an enforcer with a Tesla shield, by allowing them to get away or protect them from a mortar blow, and there are numerous ways a teammate can help each other by using teamwork. I hope you change your mind @Zeus

And And... it is passive, which means that it fits the description of blue items, green items have to be used. Aha hahahaha, find a loophole in that @Zeus

And I love bandage, I would rather use it than a big shield, I mean I don’t have much of a choice, RNG has given me 4 epic bandages and 0! Rare or epic big shields!

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
  4. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Did I foreshadow big bandage? Lol

-729835959, NathanaelK and Nikkie! like this.
  5. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    It looks like it…

VantaBlack likes this.