1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Black storm event thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Reorge, 26 Mar 2019.

1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Without any hesitation, I'ld like to call it the most one-sided and mindless event.
    I was expecting it but really didn't think it would be this bad. For those people who don't have any torps this event is pretty much unplayable esp with the small maps the torp spam is unavoidable, it's so unfortunate the devs encourage this kinda things. If this event didn't have massive gold rewards and cheaper perk crates I doubt any non-torp spammer would be even touching this event.
    It's normal that players would be suggesting selfish ideas that mostly benefits them and their load-outs but what were the devs thinking while selecting the winners ? It's like they selected the ideas mainly based on the easiness of implementing them. Unless they make some changes in the item buffs/nerfs I wouldn't want to see this event again

Sidd gamer and Earel like this.
  2. Musso

Musso New Member

Hey hey, i have 70%+ win ratio at this event with flare +blast +blast +ex.
    Don't cry dude..

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol I like the chaotic mess in this event but I can admit if I didn’t have good torps I wouldn’t be very happy with it lol if it’s any consolation tho, it’s that most players are so horrible at using torps that despite thier buff for this event most still can’t hit anyone lol

Last edited: 26 Mar 2019
    Sidd gamer, Reorge and Nikkie! like this.
  4. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Love this frenetic mess. Getting more 10 coins wins than ever before. Even getting 10 coins on losses where the winner only got 9 :)

However i do think Midfight Movies should be considered a small map and added to rotation when only having small maps. It's about the same size as Cold Riddance.

Sidd gamer, Ultrah and Cavy like this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

It is what it is. It is chaotic but still fun. I would have liked it to be 3min battles maybe to match the pace. I just wonder if anyone considered small maps + torps = splash damage galore. Most battles end with one team getting pushed to the spawn and then shot up like fish in a barrel.

There is a disconnect between the story of Black Storm and the implementation of it. Why put in slower mortars and mines. Its just fluff. Just say "hey use torps, all other weps are reduced by 50%."

Sidd gamer, Reorge and Cavy like this.
  6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yup I’ve lost more then I’ve won but still get lots of coins lol even if I weren’t the fun value would still be worth my time
    And most matches for me haven’t lasted much longer then 3 minutes anyway B675C55E-02D6-4100-ACD5-E69A0FCEB7E7.png lol would be good to win a few tho!

joshywashua2, Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Well as a torp spammer point of view I think I like this event too. But without being biased I'm just saying it's extremely benefitting to the torp spammers only. It's fine if the idea was to make the torps this strong but nerfing every other item this bad too was very unfair. Feels like the intention was to make everyone spam nothing but just torps.
    I have 5 decent torps and I'm rocking this event with my 3 torp shooter set up. Am I saying I can't win enough in this event ? No. Do I think the event idea was too selfish and senseless ? Yes.

Cavy, Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  8. Earel

Earel Active Member

So, w8 to the 6vs6 event with same map/economic conditions!
    But next weapon will be mortars with + 20% area and -20% projects time))
    And it’s be also called “fun” and “tactics”

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I haven't yet figured out how to best adapt to this event, not having a single strong torp in my inventory. I'll be trying again today, but so far my opinion is while the concept is mostly good, it definitely needs some tweaks.

What I like about this event:
    • Arial slowdowns make 5v5 on small maps work well.
    • Decreased mine timeouts are welcome on a small map
    What I don't like
    • A better implementation would be to improve a single Torp class instead of all 4. We've never had an event that buffs all cannon types, all fire types, all mortar types, etc, and now we are seeing why.
    • I think the event would have been better without the Torp speedups at all... the maps are already small so it feels like overkill

Reorge and Sidd gamer like this.
  10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Pretty sure ages ago there were events where all fire weapons got a duration buff by like 30%, not sure about mortars but I think they had it too. Why the torps feel this op is because
    • They made using torps far easier by giving it speed buff
    • They allowed only small maps
    • And most importantly they nerfed every other weapon to the ground

11. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Didn’t event realize the 3X golds for this. Haven’t play a battle yet. I might go in there for the golds. Events are getting cheesier by the days. Doesn’t look like the devs care about ranked at all. Ranked needs 3X golds and 2X sugars on weekend twice a month.

12. skv1256

skv1256 New Member

I'm not a fan of events. But this one is close to the worst ever event for me (despite I like my swift torp and have more than one torpedo): torpedos, torpedos, torpedos, even more torpedos, and sometimes mines, sometimes napalm and everything else on a very rare occasion. No need for tactics (at least I didn't see it), no need for thought or reaction or anything, just fire torpedos approximately into enemies direction and number of torpedos will do the thing. Chaos. The only thing that saves it a little bit is gold

Reorge and Earel like this.
  13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I could only tolerate so much of this event.
    I played for the extra gold, and after about 8 battles or so I just couldn't take it anymore. It was too mindless.
    If the battle time was taken down to 3 minutes or reduced to 5 kills from 8, it may have been more tolerable.
    I hope this event never comes back.

Ultrah and Reorge like this.
  14. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Car crash. Clusterf****, Garbage. take your pick tbh folks, mindless gold rush.

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

There is a strategy for this event. Be in front of your mates so you don’t get your torps block. Of course you die more but get more coins at the end. It’s just pure stupidity that players on the losing team can get more coins than winning players?

envylife and Aether_Zero like this.
  16. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty cool, I didn’t like the idea of having it one sided to certain weapons, but honestly most events are like that. I also felt that the EC blast and flare were still as prevalent as they are in any game mode which annoyed me, but also gave room for the mast majority of players, which own them, to not feel the hurt of the one sided torps.