1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Ranked

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Su-57, 14 Mar 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I see there are so many players post forums about improve match making and also lots of suggestions about it on discord . some even say remove event and casual mode . some even said there should be a penalty for not playing ranked , like 5% infamy reduction per day if someone don't play ranked . my question is you wana save the game by keeping players on the game or wana save Ranked just to show you have 3-4k infamy or more . all those ideas are like forcing players to play ranked , a kind of blackmail thing . its not gonna bring them to ranked at all because then they will just gonna uninstall game .

Rather then removing events and casual they should remove Ranked because at present its just a broken mode . look at the screen shots i have shared . one player captain lvl50 he used to be over 3500 infamy for long but now he is at under 1300 infamy . is he suddenly became a bad player no . its just infamy system is not something represent player performance . its more like how lucky you are . i have shared 2 screen shots of my resent casual battle . in both i did max dmg , even little more then winner team top dmg player but my team mates just died so fast so we lost . now if it was a ranked battle and i get -24 . how this system showing if i am or you are a good player or not . you can also look at unfriendly team , some player did just 1000 dmg but if it was a ranked they were gonna get +24 . this present infamy system really don't show anything about players performances . its just based on luck if you get lucky enough to have some good team mates .

some may suggests fleet with a good player but now back to that captain lvl50 player who used to be at 3500+ infamy now at 1200 . he is still getting battles against 3-4k infamy players but he can't fleet with 3-4k infamy player . so now he is in a situation where he see no way out from this situation . this is something happening to lots of player . and trust me by removing casual and event problem is not gonna solve because present infamy system is broken . if gaming experience in Ranked was good players were gonna play this mode without even forcing them or attracting them by giving more reward then other modes .

In my opinion they should remove Ranked from Battle bay and try to find something else to show performance of individual player . a new system which truly shows if you are good or a noob . in that way maybe they can attract more player because everyone wana feel they are getting better . the feeling of losing -24 infamy when you are winning by 4-3 but your team mate die by doing some stupid move is not good .

( Add up ) some of the players say i have attached casual battle screen shots to explain ranked . not using ranked screen shot . due to last two event i had to scroll lots of battle so i being little lazy not bothered to take screenshot of ranked but here is one screenshot i am adding .

Now see i did more dmg then unfriendly top dmg dealer but got -25 and unfriendly get +25 . but lets ignore that but focus on unfriendly team top player . he is a captain lvl44 player and have only 77 infamy . do you really think he is that bad player . i mean he did really good battle . now how infamy really represent his performance . its just doesn't . and now he is in a trap where he is getting battle against 1300-1500 infamy player but he can't fleet with 1300-1500 infamy . but let say he can still find someone at 800 infamy to fleet who can battle against 1300 players but when a ace player is in same situation he can't battle against 3-4k infamy player by fleeting with someone 800-1200 infamy . current infamy system have to many flaws and i think they should remove it and find some other way to show players performance . something which shows individual performance so even typical ranked players can have something . i am not saying there should not be anything to show how good you are . there should be a ranked but its not infamy system . maybe its just show how lucky you are .

Attached Files:

Last edited: 15 Mar 2019
    Nikkie!, Sidd gamer, Cavy and 2 others like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'd vote for this lmao :D

Su-57 likes this.
  3. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Easy simple Negative!
    Ranked is Battle Bay, and Battle Bay is ranked.
    I simply said
    Negative! (yes, a smaller one) to all suggestions regarding forcing players to play...
    I'm actually pushing for a series of quality improvements that will make ranked appealing again.. (and other game modes fairly appealing).

And btw Team Elimination is the only strategy based game mode where all ships have fair odds to win (and I'm pushing for balancements).

Last edited: 15 Mar 2019
    ShinkuMoon, Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ranked is based on Infamy. Infamy is based on matches with 3000 Infamy difference amongst participants. How is that reflective of an individual's Infamy? Until ranked tightens up matches to, at least, within 800 Infamy (the fleeting limit), then ranked is trash and no longer has a place in the game, and neither do Leagues.

Ultrah, Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and 4 others like this.
  5. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

btw you posted the wrong screen shots..

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I agree with @Nicolas. Ranked is the bread-and-butter of Battle Bay. It was here when the game launched and it’s still the reasons majority of players still play the game. If anything, one of the other 2 mode should be removed or at least only 1 active at the same time.

For the life of me, I can’t understand how any player can think casual is better than ranked. Ranked has everything casual has and more. More strategic, more rewards, and more of everything else. The only reason people not seeing casual as broken is because no ranking is involved. It is a rubber ducky mode. Imagine if casual is a mode that has MM other than infamy but infamy +/- post battle, then the crying could flood an ocean by now.

Event is better but it’s still a mode just for mind numbing grinding. People mostly just trying to do a lot of damages for the coins. I played less than 50 event battles the past month. I don’t mind if the coins distribute 10-3 for win-loss. That would force players to be more strategic.

7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

I know some players gonna say NEGATIVE but now at the moment Infamy system is BROKEN .

and saying Ranked is the only strategic mode in game . what strategy we are talking about here . get 4 unknown team mates , almost no communication with them and then some of them just run into unfriendly die in 30-40 seconds and because of their mistakes you get -24 . this mode is broken and can't be fixed . they should remove it and try to find something else to replace Ranked . i am not saying there should not be any ranked kind of mode . but this need to be removed and replace with something which is based on individual . Badges can be based on how much dmg or heal a player do every battle . it can also be based on how long you stay alive in a battle so people stop doing suicide . they should find something else which can be based on individual performance .

and as this game losing more players its either you guys gonna win more by being OP to other players or gonna lose Infamy because of very unbalanced match making . you can sink 3-4 unfriendly , you can be the top dmg dealer but you can still get -24 and thats the problem it doesn't represent performance of a individual player . real strategic mode can only work if we can fleet with 5 players and have real communication with them so we can tell when to be aggressive when to play defensive , thats what a real strategic mode will be .

Cavy and Ekans_Hissy like this.
  8. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I would be for using a lower infamy delta for events and casual.

Make events +12/-12 and casual +6/-6. Every match is moving you closer to getting better. Just make the stakes lower.

I wish I knew I was going to plummet infamy so hard. I would have just played a few matches to keep my infamy at the same location permanently.

There is currently NO way to consistently increase your infamy. Ohhh im placed 7th in the season, I am going to try for 1st. WRONG. You have no control and will likely just stay where you are or slip further away. My skill changes way less than my infamy does.

TVNPryde and Ekans_Hissy like this.
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Infamy based on team just don't work . recently i was in a losing strike in event . i tried to break it and sinked 7 by my self but still lose because team mates can't play defensive . in one battle we were winning by 7-5 but suddenly my team mates with low health decided to be aggressive and we lose battle by 7-8 . i can't imagine myself playing any mode if i am gonna give -24 or -12 because team mates make some stupid moves . this just don't work . but coin system is better . because even if i lose i can get 7-8 coins sometimes even more .

Cavy and Ekans_Hissy like this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Nope, this game is all about Events now. No one asked for that, but Rovio has relentlessly thrust it down our throats, and removing rewards in the process just because they can. Players didn't flock back to ranked because of it, they either left the game or sucked it up and did the mind-numbing Event grinding.

Cavy and Su-57 like this.
  11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I read these suggestions and wonder if they're serious .. they're sarcastic .. or simply from players that want to kill the game faster.

I assume it's sarcastic .. because why else would suggest removing ranked then post screenshots of casual matches ...?

But, yeah, removing ranked (or resetting it to some other system) would be a surefire way to kill the game tomorrow .. what better way would there be to make a large number of the remaining players leave the game all at once..?

12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I think fundamental of casual and ranked battle are same . its just an example to explain what really happened is some battles . to find ranked battle i have to scroll all the battles i played during event thats a lot . but one can understand the example if want to it doesn't have to be ranked battle or casual even event can show how some players can turn a winnable battle into a lose .

but still as you guys used to think ranked is superior or serious mode and think casual is not a serious battle mode just because design put a duke image rather then skull to make it look serious lol . here is a one screen shot of a ranked . now look at unfriendly team player , he is a captain level 44 but his infamy is 77 . he played really good but is he as bad as his infamy . big NO . infamy just don't represent how good someone is . its just shows how lucky someone is or unlucky in his case .

and in other hand my dmg was more then winner team top dmg dealer he did 12k i did 15k . but i got -25 , so how this really represent anything about my performance . thinking ranked shows how good you are is a false thinking . thats why i think they should remove ranked and find something else which represents real performance of a player .

Attached Files:

13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree there are some problems in ranked mode these days, especially with those who happened to drop infamy. Currently the matchmaking refuses to hand those people battles in their appropriate league and stubbornly sticks them with their old infamy range. That's resulting bad experience for those who dropped - because they can't get easier battles to stop their losing streak - and also for their teammates because they have a guy in their team who should be fighting in lower leagues.

I'm 100 % against the idea of removing the ranked completely but fixing the team forming problems would be a good move to better.

14. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they need something new which represent individual performance not team based . and fixing match making is difficult with lower player base . but they can fix one think about match making like not putting 5 fixer in one team .

15. xArrogance

The devs would say that is the matching floor working perfectly.

That player clearly should be matched with that infamy range. That ship level difference adds a few hundred hit points, which is nothing - ask any defender. And, it's serving a purpose of protecting brand new players from facing him.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why people think they're they only ones that deal with bad teammates. Everyone deals with it. Most players have found a way to win despite those teammates .. so I'm not sure what the logic is behind thinking a different system would lead to a different result.

If there are 2k (or lower) players with max epic loadouts, and you know you're not going to be able to compete with them, then what do you think your infamy should be?

A gear score system didn't work before event perks and it certainly wouldn't work now. There is no formula that you could come up with that I couldn't manipulate to give myself easier matches. Then, you'd have a leaderboard that ranks your ability to manipulate matches rather than skill ... and it would further discourage players from buying/upgrading items (i.e., less revenue).

16. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I don't know what you are talking about . i have not mentioned about match making should be based on gear score . gear score doesn't even include training so i never said it should be based on gear score .

and i am not saying i am the only one dealing with bad team mates or bad match making . otherwise why would i talk about unfriendly player situation who is at captain level 44 but only have 77 infamy . he is also in a trap situation . its about all players . even you can be in a situation where you drop more then 1000-1500 infamy then never get back to your max achieved infamy .

i have seen so many 3500-3800 infamy players now they are at 1000-1200 . even at 200-400 infamy . so my suggestion is not about personal but all players .

17. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I agree with @xArrogance, it's wrong way to think that someone sinks to low infamy just because of bad teammates and only the luckiest can climb to the top. Totally wrong.

In long run, every player has the same number of bad teammates, there is nothing to do with luck. Those at the top are the people who can occasionally win the battle even if their team didn't perform very well. There's no need for individual performance based infamy because in the long run that's exactly what the current infamy system does already. It comes very much to individual skills to be able to turn battles in your favour more often than others.

BattleRascal likes this.
  18. xArrogance

I'm confusing the litany of bad matchmaking "fix" threads I've read recently ..

The seal clubbing penalty could've been handled differently. I thought floors were a bad idea because they create the appearance of unfairness - and players love to blame infamy ranges as the reason why they can't succeed in a system that thousands others do.

I would've put them in a "training league" with lower rewards after dropping 1k infamy until they can prove they can win again or some set amount of time (that increases with each time they sink another 300 infamy) ..

I've been in that tanking zone before and I worked myself out of it. And others could too - especially if they were willing to spend money.

Otherwise, some may have dropped because of balance changes .. and players/devs need to realize that balance changes will lead to players leaving the game because of how slow paced the powercell/leveling economy is .. Without balance chances, you don't have these issues.

But to scrap a system because 1% of the players struggle with tanking penalties doesn't seem like the best idea .. assuming the goal is to keep the game around for as long as possible.

19. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Its not about 1% players . i see more and more players who used be at higher level infamy . next time if you see low infamy players in your team or in unfriendly team check their captain level and gear score and other details . i am sharing screenshot of a player he is playing this game for long maybe 1 and half year or more . he was at 3500+ infamy for long so saying players who lose infamy are not good is not a valid point . this all happened mainly after recent updates when more and more players started losing too much infamy . and there is a need for infamy based on individual performance . and whats wrong having a system based on individual performance . if you can gain infamy with bad match making and then how much you can gain if it was based on your own performance in battle .

Attached Files:

20. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

@xArrogance Point taken. Pros of the system is that high level players wont beat up on lower ones. And the game is right at matchmaking you vs higher infamy players because that IS where you should be. The big hole in all of this is the slipping of infamy results in lower rewards which results in slower improvement. Facing the fact that rewards are the only reason to have infamy in the first place, we just need a solution to that. One option is to cap infamy declines. If you make it up to 3k, you should not fall to below a certain point even if you tried. Make the cap -800 from your top infamy. This is a big enough deficit to climb out of and I could argue could be smaller still, like 500. The concept of punishing players in this fashion is old news. As @xArrogance said too, any system can be manipulated. The existing system is trying to stop seal clubbing and yet it still happens. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.