1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminate fleet limits

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Skirra08, 20 Dec 2018.

?

How could fleeting be improved?

1. A. Eliminate 2 ship limit.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. B. Eliminate 800 infamy limit

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. C. Both A and B

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. D. Neither A or B

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Something else (Explain below)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I'm sure these are elsewhere but the fleet limits need to go. I happen to get a couple of battles where 3 of my guild mates and I ended up on the same team and it was awesome. Having 3 other people I could trust made it so much more fun and satisfying when we won.

Also get rid of the 800 infamy requirement. If I want to try to help a teammate out by fleeting with them I should be able to make that choice. A lot of my guild mates below 2k infamy aren't bad players they just get stuck in more bad matchups. If I could fleet with them then at least they'd have a fighting chance. And I don't really want to hear about how it would mess up the balance for two reasons.

One, the matchmaking system is already screwy and gives out unbalanced matches all the time. And two, it wouldn't be that hard to just throw in an equivalent infamy player on the other team whether it be a high or low infamy player to make things even.

Sidd gamer and NeptuneGaming like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The obvious problem is if you are 3000 Infamy and bring a 1000 Infamy friend to battle, your teammates are not going to be happy... that's the reason it is in place.

Your point is well taken in Events where Infamy is not relevant..

3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

My suggestion :
    1. Normal battle
    2 ships limit, 800 infamy limit.
    2. Event battle
    2 ships limit, 3000 gear score limit,
    Captain Levels also count as gear
    score, 1 level = ... gear score.
    (I can't tell how many gear score
    should 1 level change into...)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

My vote is no limit for events, keep it for standard. Could switch to a gear score but lets face it, a veteran player can be ace with even a low level gear.

Add to the list allowing for double contribution to rivalry quests when you fleet with anyone on your friends list. The game should promote fleeting and positive community growth beyond just the 24 people in my guild.

5. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I feel like expanded fleet limits for events only, because if you got 3-5 god-tier players together in ranked in every game... rip already-terrible matchmaking.

Being able to go into events with a few bros would be awesome, but it has potential to mess with ranked. That's just my opinion anyways

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Agreed with the the others. No for the ranked but certainly for the events. As there's no impact on infamy I don't see why there is that restriction in place.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  7. Sweetleaf420

Sweetleaf420 New Member

Its all messed up event casual or ranked ive been in ranked matches where infamy between players varies 2500 infamy. If requirement is to keep match making fair than rovio need to make it more fair in match ups or get rid pf it all together and let players deside. Because there is alot of players stuck in masters leauge that can kick booty. On the other hand some in nm that suck that have no business being there. The game really needs to reconize skilled players

8. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out thereā€¦? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Yes. This is perfect.

9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they should change the 800 infamy limit . there are so many players who used to be 3k infamy now they stuck under 1500 . some are now at even less then 1000 infamy . for them problem is they keep getting battles against 3-4k infamy players but they can't fleet with 3k infamy so without fleet its almost impossible for them to recover infamy some are now at 300-400 infamy . they just stuck there . i know some may say they are tanker . its easy to call them tankers rather then fixing current infamy system and match making .

people say match making getting worse they are keep getting 300-400 infamy players when they are at 3k infamy but they never bothered to check profile details of those 300-400 infamy players . most of them are captain level 50 with 10k gear score or more . i can't mentioned any name but there are some players which i know they are not tankers but they are now stuck in trap of infamy system and now they can't get back to 3k plus infamy where they used to be . my suggestion to Devs is if you can't fix Infamy system then just get rid or if . find some other way to show progress but progress should be based on individual because i rarely see team work by players . mostly they just go their own way so if someone losing infamy because he did his best but team just died then he/she should not lose infamy because they just did their best .

10. Piku

Piku Member

Security
    It's been a long time but I remember there being a thread about being able to fleet with anyone but if the power gap is too large, the stronger player has their items/ship temporarily nerfed for the duration of the fleet to match their fleetmate's. I think a system like this would allow more fleeting to occur. Of course, the player getting nerfed should also have their rewards equally nerfed so it's like they're in the same league as their fleetmate. It's not about the rewards, it's about having fun with your friends (something that's really hard to do in Battle Bay at this moment.)

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    maybe fleet should be based on gearscore and captain level . because these days because of match making lots of 3k players lose infamy and they are now at under 1k . so they are in a situation where they can't fleet with someone .

Piku likes this.
  12. envylife

Because matchmaking is done based on the higher ranked player, wouldn't be more correct approach be a buff to the lesser fleetmate?

13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they can use whatever improve the gaming experience and solve issues players are having .

14. Piku

Piku Member

Security
    I mean either way works, even finding a middle point would work. This should only be possible for casual and maybe events, definitely not ranked, so it really shouldn't matter. I do, however, believe the rewards should be based on the lower level/infamy player's multipliers for 2 reasons: low levels would exploit this to get more rewards than they deserve; high level players would exploit this to win easier matches.

15. envylife

It's hard to argue that the current system isn't better than nerfing/buffing a fleeter. Matches are put together based on the higher fleet mate, so if a player takes a lower ranked fleet mate they already know they have a disadvantage and decided it was ok. The problem is fleeting > 800 Infamy under that scenario... but now all guard rails are off with a 2800 Infamy difference amongst players in the same match, does it even matter? I used to be 3.5k, now 2.5k, and I know players at 1k that used to be 3.5k I'd be perfectly comfortable fleeting with, a good 1.5k difference... and I don't need a buff or nerf to do that. Similarly I have plenty of in-game friends 3500+ that would gladly fleet with me.

You see where I'm getting at? It's time to remove the fleet restriction because Rovio has removed all matchmaking guardrails already. The Infamy of many players has been artificially damaged by this new matchmaking. Let the players decide who to fleet with in all match types.

Piku likes this.