1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Need To Feel We’re Getting Better

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by YerJokinArnYer, 15 Aug 2018.

1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I know, I guess I thought it was 2700 instead of 3700

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell there is no such thing as Power Score. EventMatchmaker(tm) uses Captain Level to decide who is in a match, and then Gear Score to balance sides. That's a far cry from using Power Score to put together match participants.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Lando

Lando New Member

Progress is hard to nail down, you can progress by evolving weapons, leveling ships, training etc. but are you really progressing? Wins, completion of quests, could be deemed another form of progress. It is becoming increasingly difficult to do either of the latter, with the lopsided matchup system currently being utilized. It’s frustrating and somewhat demoralizing to enter battle after battle with no realistic expectation of victory. I am not a high infamy level player 700-1000, constantly matched against 2000-3000 infamy player, you can’t win, so you can’t complete quests, your infamy sinks lower and lower, you can’t earn quantities of gold and sugar to upgrade and level up or evolve items. So progress is unachievable, needs to be fixed, becomeing a very Un Fun game

ShipCrusherCz and Nikkie! like this.
  4. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

I have been playing since just after game came out and for last year I don’t feel my account has had much progression. Got 1 leg weapon in all time playing that I use and for a defender I only get leg weapons we can’t progress with leg shields unless we really really lucky as spend tons of money yet shooters get far more chance of getting leg weapons thanks too achievements for weapons but not shields.

I feel my account went backwards with the training system changes as since then I paid for vip yet seem to lvl captain lvl far slower now under new system.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. DangerousMartyr

DangerousMartyr New Member

Can't break the 2400 infamy.Too tired of noob teammates.From now,I will disregard the infamy.

6. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

So tired of getting clubbed! Once a 2000+ player, now less the 100. I got all excited this past weekend when they made matchmaking a "little" fairer. Got my infamy up to 120. Now just back to getting clubbed by 3000+ players.

This is truly all about money and I can understand that to a degree. But when you get greedy and start rolling in your cash and forget about the players, Rovio will wake up and find out the Nightmare League is all they have left. No more clubbing and no more money. Damn what a shame.....

Bill Miller and Rez Messing like this.
  7. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    I do believe that we are now seeing 3000 infamy players and 100 infamy players in the same battles because there are not enough players. They don’t have enough players to fill out a battle of all the same infamy. This game is swirling down the toilet at an increasing speed.

Bill Miller and Sswingle like this.
  8. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I'm at about 500 infamy, and I have not seen any clubbers in a while.

Edit: in half of the battles that I have recently done, I have been unable to get past the loading screen. Explains the seal clubbers...

Last edited: 6 Mar 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

What is your captain level?

10. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

I'm guessing your playing a different game than me. Either that or you are one of the clubbers yourself and are trying to divert attention from a real problem.

11. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Cool. It's like evolution; it's not survival of the fittest.. It's survival of the most adaptable :D

Anyways, on progress. I have 1550 infamy, around that, and I've pretty much given up on ranked. Everyone at my level is insanely overpowered with high level legendary and multiple tier 5 epic weapons. I never stand a chance and I'm always dead in three shots, or if I'm near a teammate who eats a big torp, there goes over half of my health. I'm at almost exactly 5k hp, so you know; I play speeder and can be quite annoying in events or casual.

It feels like ranked is where people with very very good weapons go, because they know they can climb. The primary cause of this was removing crew training, therefore allowing people to upgrade to t5 whenever they want, instead of having to wait months of training that increases parallel to their infamy to upgrade to t5. That was one of the side effects of removing the crew, but I still think it was a good idea. It allows people to have unique builds and advance faster.

So the only solution right now for me is to just play events and casual until I get legendary and epic weapons. Unfortunately, I never make any progress in infamy, so it's hard for me to see I'm making any progress. I still heavily enjoy the game, it's just been kind of discouraging to be stuck in one place, likely for the next couple months until I get a dupe.

I can't believe sometimes that all these people are at captain level 50 with incredibly powerful items and are still at 1600 infamy. It's either they're all just really bad, or that's normal and I'm just really good and just very unlucky with items. Or they're not FTP, like me. Even so, there must be SOME people at my level who aren't insanely geared up and have under 11k HP as a shooter, preferably. Another thing, they have legendary event perks usually, and legendary perks are something else that bug me. I understand why they're designed the way they are, but it's a little inconvenient that you have to grind for hours within a small period of time to get one. Some people just do NOT have that kind of time, therefore will never get a legendary perk. Legendary perks are a measure of how much can you play the game within a certain period of time. If you can't, and just don't have that time, you will never get one you want.

Anyways, I think you get my point now!

Last edited: 8 Mar 2019
    Bill Miller likes this.
  12. envylife

There are a couple reasons for this
    1. Ranked matchmaking is effectively RNG, and RNG implies a 50/50 chance of winning, which implies it may not actually be possible to move around much. Being 2500 Infamy myself I see players with Infamy from 0 to Nightmare League in my matches... that's not a legitimate test of a 2500 Infamy battle, it's Garbage in (Matchmaking) => Garbage Out (Infamy).
    2. Seal clubbing penalty. We hear report after report of players losing Infamy, losing battle rewards, and eventually even with loss of Infamy will be thrust back into high level matches making it excessively difficult to climb back up.

Rez Messing likes this.
  13. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    I think Rovio has jumped ship, and is swimming for shore.

Bill Miller likes this.
  14. envylife

you mean flailing in the water hoping not to drown before rescue arrives?

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What I'd love to see in the game would be a "purge". Completely disable casual and events for a full week, force the matchmaker to only accept into queues matches that have a delta of 200 infamy tops. Place no limits on waits.

Everyone goes back to 'real' infamy values, we're all good.

Not thay it'll ever be implemented, nor that I'm suggesting this seriously. But it'd be fun if that happened. I'd actually risk dropping out of NML for this.

(Please don't counter this point, I just wanted to put it on paper, so to speak)

Nicolas and Djradnad like this.
  16. envylife

I like the idea... and I'd recommend a full season of everyone in ranked. They should turn that into an event, offering bonus star reward boxes (similar to coin boxes) to make it exciting for everyone since that would take away 8 days of events. Bonuses for bumping up leagues would be a nice incentive as well.

A prereq would be two things: Remove the poorly implemented seal clubbing suppression, and tighten up Infamy deviation in matches.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Prescott Nivans

Prescott Nivans New Member

La clara prueba del juego va en decadencia: https://replay.battlebay.net/HBGYGKJT#QMHYZBXQ
    Según quitan los barcos MK 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, para mejores balances y está peor que antes, exijo devuelta los barcos MK. :enojado: