1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenade needs change

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by You dont need to know, 5 Mar 2019.

?

Do Grenades need some change?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. I did not listen to the purpose of this thread and would like to neutralize my vote.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

Grenades are not exactly the way they should be. In real life, grenades are quickly thrown hand- held weapons. Although in battle bay, they show grenades as very explosive time-taking weapons. What they should do is fix this by making a lower reloading time, and less damage ( with just a slightly bigger radius). I also think grenades and other explosive weapons should push small ships away from the explosions ( depending on how close they are to the blast radius )

HappyUnicorn789 and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Vivace

Vivace New Member

Grenade >>>>>>>>>>> all mortars

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, idk man, nades are pretty great as they are. I mean, flares in real life definitely do not improve cannon damage, and torps cause flooding, magic healing equipment definitely doesn't exist ;)

Sewah, Reorge, Sidd gamer and 7 others like this.
  4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s just the real life of the future, we’ve all seen those tesla shie.. or um.. force fields in the Sci-fi movies hehe

5. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

Bro, they already have an explosive cannon, they introduced grenades because they thought that battle bay needed a grenade like weapon, not just a reboot of a explosive cannon but with a different firing mechanism, which it currently basically is.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Nope. Explisive cannons came AFTER grenades. So explosive cannon is a reboot of the grenade with a different firing mechanism, then? Not really, it's a combo finisher while grenades are an initiator. It has a different range, a higher cooldown and is a two-slot. There's lots of differences there.

What point are you trying to make? Do you want the grenade to further distinguish itself?

7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Would we need to prime them before tossing? Or is my grenade just gonna take 10 seconds to explode after impact?
    Lol would be cool if ya could ricochet them off walls and stuff tho lol

Ultrah, Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and 4 others like this.
  8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Could players throw em back if they’re quick enough?

Iunch, Ultrah, Nikkie! and 3 others like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Haha that would be fun!

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Grenade is really good now.
    Changing the functionality of a weapon like that is always a last resort, and it's unlikely to happen.
    Not to mention that there's no reason for this.
    Grenade just need crit chance nerf.

This Is Me and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

That they do :)

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

More like just make the perks give less extra crit percent, and add in more varied grenade parks (unless I haven’t seen em) like crit damage and burn duration.

13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Don’t nerf my grenades!

GraveDragon and Nikkie! like this.
  14. Guncaptain809

Crit chance nerf doesn’t seem like a big deal, as long as they only reduce it by a small amount.

15. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

If it’s not a big deal then why bother at all?

16. Guncaptain809

Why not?

17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

My opinion of grenade is maybe just a little kinda very one sided lol it is my favourite thing in the game lol
    But what if I’m willing to admit it’s op and compromise in admitting it possibly ;p needs a nerf? Lol
    Nerfing it’s crit chance is wrong way to go about it! Without crit the damage is mediocre at best considering it’s short range and slow projectile!
    It’s got far less range then a cannon and is much easier to avoid especially for yellow boats
    Further more adding rng to something’s effectiveness reduces skill! Do you really want more outcomes decided by rng instead of skill?
    @Nicolas @TheAntiSnipe ?

18. TheAntiSnipe

An interesting "nerf" to look at would be increasing crit chance the closer the target is to the center. One thing is for sure. A weapon that crits nearly every time it's shot is a little too much. And ofc I say this as a hardcore nade user.

Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I don’t much like the idea of crits at all! I like grenades because, like you said it crits almost every shot lol it’s reliable!
    My grenade on a good hit that crits does 2700-2800 damage ( I can agree that’s pretty op) and it crits 9 out of 10 hits so it’s reliable
    Without crit it’s 1500 (considering grenades short comings that’s very weak) if it was even a 50/50 coin toss on weather it was going to crit or not I wouldn’t use em
    Yes it would still be able to deal massive damage over the course of a match but it’s un reliability on doing good damage when you need it too would suck!
    If ya need to nerf it, do it in a way that doesn’t make it rely on rng

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

My grenade already seems to have had a crit nerf, it's become common to get 3 no crit hits in a row.

VantaBlack and Ash KOT like this.