1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimum Cap on Infamy

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Su-57, 4 Mar 2019.

1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    There is a need to have a minimum infamy cap for different captain level so they don't lose after one point . because its a trap . once a 3500infamy start losing Infamy and if someone reach like 1500 infamy he can't reach back to 3500 because match making will not put him against 1500 infamy but put him against 3500 infamy . like sometimes we see 200 infamy player in our team but when we see their profile they have equal captain level and gear score . the thing is they don't get battles against similar infamy players but keep getting battles against 3500-4000infamy which put them in a trap and they keep dropping infamy . sharing this thought regard on some players who used to be 3500+ infamy but recent match making make them lose a lot and now they are in a trap situation . some even quite the game because its impossible for them to gain infamy again . one of the player suggested there should be a cap infamy like captain level 50 who reached more then 3500+ he should not reduce less then 3000 or 2500 infamy . in that way they can not be in a trap they are now . for captain level 40 it can be minimum 1500 . something like that so players don't drop infamy after a point because match making getting worse day by day and because we are losing more and more players fixing match making is difficult so something need to be done .

2. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Good ideas! The 9ther way to deal with this 8s to just let them play the
    Thanks! As a captain level 50 I have been playing with an infamy all the way down to 0 many times. My guild doesn't care since I'm a high scorer, but I've almost quit a dozen times. Take away my gold and sugar winnings and my stars but just let me play players at my current infamy!

Su-57 likes this.
  3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Another solution would be to make loses half of the gain. +24 on a win, -12 on a loss. Or make it -16 on a loss. Winning is hard enough, the progress should be two steps forward, one step back. This will prevent the slippery slope and put the good players who can consistently win closer together. As a level 50 captain player I am on the brink of slipping from Ace back into Master which is just crazy. Reducing my rewards does not help me get better and get out of this rut. Its not like I just suddenly became bad or something.

Su-57 and Aether_Zero like this.
  4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    If they fix Match making and Infamy progress this game can become way more better . people are saying remove casual but why they had to introduced Casual at first place . its because people don't wana lose infamy not in the way it works in this game . like someone going as high as 2-3k infamy then 1200-1000 . specially when sometimes players give their best in a battle but they lose . some higher ranked players in discord or in global chat say oh you don't wana lose battle you wana win every battle . but its not like that people don't care about losing in a fair battle but when they lose because match making put then in very unbalanced battles or sometimes just stopped their boat ( yes that also happened recent was in casual when my shooter stopped moving at all ) this game can manipulate results and people don't like that .

I think they should stop introducing new items but fix the infamy system in a better way and also match making .