1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

UNDER POWERED INTERCEPTOR

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by You dont need to know, 3 Mar 2019.

?

Does the interceptor need massive improvement?

1. No

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

Why the heck is the interceptor so slow and need 3 times as much utility spots. Speeder needs an update two. It needs more of everything.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    If it was made faster and had thre times the Yellow slots, wouldn't it just be a Speeder?

I think it has its own niche in the game. It might be underpowered now while everyone needs Ship Pieces to upgrade it, but I think once people have upgraded it fully it will fit in just fine.

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer, Earel and 3 others like this.
  3. d0dih

d0dih Member

It is fine, you just have to play it smart, like speeder. Moving all the time with nitro etc. Got to 4993 infamy without fleeting with a lvl 46 interceptor sporting 7061hp. Loadout missiles, mine, grenade, explo cannon, turbo, small shield and big bandage. There is plenty of players even higher with interceptor than me.

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It has a ton of firepower, even more than a defender, only shooter has more weapons.

Unlike shooter (or defender) it has a yellow item, which are the best source for speed.

I fail to see how you think it needs a buff.

5. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I’m so glad to see that there are many idiots here:D I’m not the only idiot! Yay :D

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Interceptor gets 1.6 units of speed. It is the second fastest ship in Battle Bay. It also has the second highest weapon count, and though the HP leaves a little to be desired, I don't have any problems piloting one at my level (10k+ GS and lv34 interceptor here)

7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I have encountered some brutal interceptors especially when two are fleeted, the use of a utility item makes them unpredictable while still having massive firepower relative to the majority of the other ships...

8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    *Scoffs* *Mutters something about interceptors being overpowered*

But speeder definitely needs a buff!

9. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Yes I think interceptors are too underpowered especially the ones that are impossible to hit while they are barraging everything they have back successfully. They need a a buff so everyone will use it!!
    That's what the Bay needs! A META ship!

Agile Vanguard and Nikkie! like this.
  10. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Sarcasm much?

11. Subbie the Blaster

Sarcasm cubed.

12. Subbie the Blaster

Look dude, I think your point is proven wrong. Best would be not even continuing this one-sided argument.
    Case closed. Let's search for something else.

Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  13. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I was getting worried and thought you were serious for a second. Lol.

Subbie the Blaster likes this.
  14. You dont need to know

It is not fast enough in any way. It was supposed to be fast and deadly but it simply isn’t fast at all. A medic noob is faste than a level 13 interceptor, it really is just a reboot of the shooter withought as much red slots. It is so freaking slow that it losses to a medic. They should upped its speed so that it is 0.02 less than the speeder, and should have been way less bulkier, because getting 10,000 pieces is hard enough already.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

How again is it slow? It has the second-highest speed cap. You can give it a nitro or an overboost.

All you need is a good turbo (literally everyone has at least one) and a good nitro/OB (which most players do) and you have one fast, hard-hitting boat.

Sidd gamer and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  16. You dont need to know

All you guys are just idiotic, the interceptor is a SPECIAL SHIP MEANING THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE OVER ALL THE OTHER SHIPS. IT ONLY HAS ONE MORE ABILITY SLOT ( THE THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU CLICK ON A SHIP IN THE BUY SHIP PLACE) THAN A NON SPECIAL SHIP WHILE THE REAPER HAS TWO MORE THE INTERCEPTOR. AND ME NOT ONE SIDDED COMMIE, I JUST BELIEVE THAT INTERCEPTOR IS A BIG SCAM THAT ISN’T CLOSE TO THE VALUE I HAD TO GET FOR IT. IT SHOULD MAKE UP FOR ITS TWO MISING ABILITY SLOTS BY MAXING OUT SPEED AND ATTACK LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE.

Last edited: 3 Mar 2019
  17. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Okay. Slow down there, buckaroo... no need to bury us in caps.
    I think by "special ship" you mean event reward. The event ships are surprisingly easy to get if you play enough, and it's leveling that's the struggle.
    That said, there is no reason either of the event ships should have a significant advantage, because they would be way too overpowered after hitting a certain level.
    The core element of a game with different classes (like the BB ships) is that they must all be balanced against each other. And that's what the Interceptor (like any other ship) is: Strong, but not so strong as to completely the meta. The fact that its capabilities are at the same level as most other ships is a good thing.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  18. You dont need to know

I actually have two turbos on my interceptor, still not fast enough. I’d like to seen them maxing out the speed and attack ability points ( the things you see when you tap on a ship in the buy a ship section ) so its ability points would finally be equal to the number of ability points the reaper has.

19. You dont need to know

Then how come the reaper has two more ability points ( the things you see when you open up buy a ship and then tap on it ) than the interceptor???????????????????????

20. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Those points in the shop are abitritrary numbers, they don’t really mean anything, just a simple guideline of the pros and cons of the ship, adding them up use useless. They even said this before, but I couldn’t find that comment even if I tried because I can’t remeber if it was even on the forum or discord.

TheAntiSnipe and Redneck Messiah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.