1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapping leveled up rares for epic powercells is over? Thanks Rovio!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 18 Feb 2019.

1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Also, even with my 1750 cells in my career, if I really want to build at least 1 of every item to t5, that’s over 4K cells I’ll need to get that too oof

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

1400 lifetime cells for me, not even 2 boat's worth of T5E (need 1600), which shows you how misguided the HCTDM idea was/is. 2 cells/day makes it easy to predict how fast I can build items... focusing only on getting 6 items over the line (1xT3 and 5xT4's) will take until July 15th even if parts were unlimited.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I did some further analysis. If I finally get the 3 item dups I've been waiting for, for nearly a year(!), and just build what I already have on hand, it will take me until January 2020 for literally no other reason than Epic Power Cell constraints. Will it also take me that long to get the parts to do so? I doubt it... but I wouldn't rule it out.

In other words if parts were removed from the game, cells are still the primary governor for item progression. If cells were removed from the game, parts would be the primary governor, and in either case I do not believe progression would improve all that much, unless you are a massive grinder in the later case, which is likely what cells are for. Most players know this and keep asking why there are largely redundant (and sometimes imbalanced) progression limiters, which is why this topic keeps coming up.

TVNPryde likes this.
  4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I have very similar experience with @envylife, I have been struggling with epic powercells as long as I can remember. Yes, I have managed to evolve the items I wanted the most and currently I have plenty of t5 and t4 items.

But.. Like others have said, to keep upgrading the items I need to most, I've had to completely neglect everything else. I have so many t1 epics that I pretty much can't ever upgrade because I have to save the cells for something more important. I would be willing to even use some parts for those not-so-important items but cells are just too limited to do that.

TVNPryde likes this.
  5. capphil11

capphil11 Member

My strategy has been to be extremely selective for taking things to T5. For many items the incremental benefit is not worth the 40 cells - at least fr me. Been trying to get more items to T4 instead.

envylife and Djradnad like this.
  6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

That’s a great decision, you can build more items at almost half the price in cells, and you can save inventory space faster. It’s also cheaper on parts. Just need the best items at t5 to bring into ranked for getting to higher leagues.

ViscountSniffit likes this.