1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapping leveled up rares for epic powercells is over? Thanks Rovio!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 18 Feb 2019.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I scrapped a Tier 3 Rare Gatling Gun on Saturday and got a Legendary Powercell (which I might have a use for this powercell in the year 2054)
    I remember reading on the forum that in game it says you are only "guaranteed" a rare powercell, but you still always get an epic. I guess that is wrong.
    So the only method of guaranteeing Epic powercells is now gone, nice.

Anyone else found another method of progressing once you run out of epic powercells?

Sidd gamer, Greatgambler440 and Su-57 like this.
  2. Chardaim

Chardaim Member

I reread the PowerCell tips in strategy discussion, because I thought you were always guaranteed an epic powercell as well. However, then I found this.
    I just think you just got lucky, er, unlucky that you happened to get a legendary power cell. To progress I still believe the best way is to scrap level 11 rares, it's the method I've always used. Since casual has been added, it can be nice to just grind gold, "I know most people are maxed on sugar" and not have to worry about having infamy on the line. It's what I do now while waiting for items to level up.

Sidd gamer and BattleRascal like this.
  3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Good to know. I'll try again at some point. I always thought the same thing. That the epic cell was the guaranteed item.

Sidd gamer and Chardaim like this.
  4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I believe it's epic cell or better. You just got the "or better"

Spoiler alert: It's only better if you actually have a legendary item

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Earel

Earel Active Member

I use same strategy for earn epic cell. Just scrap 11 rare.
    Moreover I have a special offer for buying 80 epic cell just for 12800 pearls))) this offer doesn’t change more than half of year))

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I don’t know the actual chance, but after scrapping hundreds of lvl 11 rares over the last year it seems to be around 10% chance of leggy cell and 10%chance to get Epic Cell x5

The other 80% of the time you get a single Epic cell.

Sidd gamer and Ash KOT like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's ironic how disappointing Legendary Cells can be as there is an imbalance in Legendary Parts available vs Cells. But alas Power Cells are unbalanced across the board... the only cells that impact the game are Rare and Epic, and the bottleneck for those to rarities remains a major issue.

8. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

I've never had a problem with being short of any power cells, but leggy parts on the other hand, I am badly short of...
    What's the best way to go about getting some more leggy parts???

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Djradnad

Get to higher leagues (best way)
    Scraping items for chance at leggy parts (higher rarity items like epic or rare have highest chance, but very low chance)
    scrap leggy pieces (gives more parts than scraping leggy items)
    Other than that you can’t get them any faster without $

10. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

Power cells are the biggest scam in the game and unneeded item commodity. There is gold, sugar, coins, tokens, pieces, boosts.....and then power cells. So stupid.

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Not to play Devil’s advocate here, but I haven’t had a problem with Epic Power cells, and I’ve actually found them quite an interesting and enjoyable part of the game.

Back in September I made a topic here, asking how I should spend my remaining cells. At the time, I had 120 Epic Power Cells left, and only one t5 Epic.

Now (~6 months later), I’ve got five Epics at L50, and have pushed quite a few to level 40, yet my Power Cells haven’t depleted. In fact, today I have 130, which is 10 more than I had 6 months ago, despite spending hundreds of them on upgrades.

I try not to spend too many at once. For example, if I’ve got two items that I can Evolve to t5, then I’ll just do one, and finish upgrading it to L50 before I go back and do the next one, or I’ll work on something cheaper for a while.

So my ‘personal’ experience of Epic Power Cells, has been that they are pretty well balanced, and having to think about them and manage them has been kinda fun for me.

I know that not everyone has had such a positive experience with Power Cells. I’ve probably been quite fortunate, in that I had many more-experienced players around me, who warned me that I need to pay attention to Power Cells. Without their wisdom, it would have been easy to spend them frivolously, and not even realise the danger until it was too late.

I think that part of the problem is that Uncommon and Rare Power Cells are too plentiful, so no one ever learns to pay attention to them. Then when you start working on Epics, suddenly this new resource, that you’ve never had to think about before, comes straight out of left field and bones you.

Maybe if players were introduced to them a bit earlier in the game, as being a limited resource, then fewer people would struggle with them later.

Nicolas and Nikkie! like this.
  12. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

Pieces, items, parts???

13. envylife

Well it's because you know of their scarcity that you manage them as a scarce resource and they feel plentiful. I have many items that take up inventory space because I'm managing cells very carefully as well, so while it doesn't feel like a big issue, the reality is I have many dups that I would have combined if not for that scarcity... and it in fact drives me away from building a Fixer or Guardian because I know I will never have the cells to devote to two more classes of items. I have 80 cells as we speak, and about 20 items I could use them on, but it doesn't make them plentiful.

It's a similar situation with Legendary parts. I have several items I could T2 or even T3, but parts are far more scarce than Legendary Cells, so I just stock pile them for the ideal situation. That could imply Legendary parts are plentiful because I have about 100 of them, but reality is I'm saving them for an ideal situation... not even sure what situation, just not using them.

In other words, cells absolutely stall game progression, reduce ship diversity, and makes the game overall less interesting for everyone.

Ash KOT and Sifa like this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I appreciate what you are saying, but that is not my experience. My experience is that the time it takes for me to upgrade an Epic Item from L41 to L50, is about the same as the time it takes for me to find another 40 Power Cells for the next item. It is remarkably well balanced (for me).

I also have a large backlog of items, however, Power Cells are no more of a bottleneck for me than are gold or parts. Even with infinite Power Cells, I would not be able to upgrade my stuff any faster, because I don’t have the parts.

Nikkie! and Nicolas like this.
  15. envylife

You can get over the hump by playing more and buying more parts... I personally can't earn enough gold to buy everything in the markets. You can't buy cells, you just have to wait.

My 80 cells are largely a holdback for two maxed T4E weapons that I've been waiting for a last dup for 11 months now. I have a bunch of items waiting for cells to evolve: 4x T4E, 1x T3E, and 7x T2E. In other words I need an additional 200 cells for the items in a partial evolve state just to get them each 1 level. I'm glad your experience is better though.

16. Djradnad

My experience is much like viscounts, so I must ask, are you upgrading rare items for cells @envylife?

17. envylife

Yea, that's the reason I have 80 cells rather than zero.

In fact I should make a correction... I have 5 T4E items, 2 are waiting for an item dup, the other 3 are waiting for cells (that the 2 won't use). I really don't know where you all get your cells... If I scrapped my entire inventory I wouldn't come up with the 200 needed for the T4E's much less the the 1000 cells needed for the rest of the epic items.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2019
    Djradnad likes this.
  18. Djradnad

I have 0 lol. I don’t know if I blame the nerf to star crates, or myself for grinding gold for parts lol, I also just switched to the uncommon crates instead of buying the rare pieces in shop, I could try buying both, but it seems impossible unless I actually played ranked for the better rewards.

Also I scrap both red and blue rares at lvl 11
    Just did a count of my items and I Believe I am up to 1750 cells in my bb career.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2019
  19. envylife

Are you seeing the value there? Even paying 38k for an uncommon item with those crates, based on my stats I'm not seeing that uncommon scrapping is not worth even that.

Correction: I was thinking of star crates... the uncommon crates are even worse. I don't even waste my time with the new nerfed star crates

20. Djradnad

It sucks. I should probably just buy the rare pieces again, but by my math it’s roughly th the same, with the pieces you are clearly focusing on cells, with the crates you are getting like 5% less cells, but typically more parts (mainly uncommon parts unfortunately)
    However this % changes, if you are building all colors to lvl 11 its an even exchange + more parts